A Surface Pro for HARDCORE Gamers!

JonoT

Are you the one Linus keeps calling "John-oh"?

Rest In Peace my old signature...                  September 11th 2018 ~ December 26th 2018

"Surface Pro" It's a laptop with a removable keyboard. I like the idea though, for cooling.

My Build, v2.1 --- CPU: i7-8700K @ 5.2GHz/1.288v || MoBo: Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E Gaming || RAM: 4x4GB G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 2666 14-14-14-33 || Cooler: Custom Loop || GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black, on water || PSU: EVGA G2 850W || Case: Corsair 450D || SSD: 850 Evo 250GB, Intel 660p 2TB || Storage: WD Blue 2TB || G502 & Glorious PCGR Fully Custom 80% Keyboard || MX34VQ, PG278Q, PB278Q

Audio --- Headphones: Massdrop x Sennheiser HD 6XX || Amp: Schiit Audio Magni 3 || DAC: Schiit Audio Modi 3 || Mic: Blue Yeti

[Under Construction]

My Truck --- 2002 F-350 7.3 Powerstroke || 6-speed

My Car --- 2006 Mustang GT || 5-speed || BBK LTs, O/R X, MBRP Cat-back || BBK Lowering Springs, LCAs || 2007 GT500 wheels w/ 245s/285s

The Experiment --- CPU: i5-3570K @ 4.0 GHz || MoBo: Asus P8Z77-V LK || RAM: 16GB Corsair 1600 4x4 || Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo || GPUs: Asus GTX 750 Ti, || PSU: Corsair TX750M Gold || Case: Thermaltake Core G21 TG || SSD: 840 Pro 128GB || HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB

R.I.P. Asus X99-A motherboard, April 2016 - October 2018, may you rest in peace. 5820K, if I ever buy you a new board, it'll be a good one.

Its a video editor wet dream, if it has real (8 core at least) desktop cpu not mobile and a freaking 2080.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

..... why? 3 NVME drives in raid 0.... why? So when one fails ALL of you're data is fucked? Does load sharing even work properly over a raided solid state drive? 

Great idea.....

Not to mention that LTT and the forums here generally say to most people that NVME drives (in general) aren't worth it because you "Won't tell the difference between them and a normal SATA ssd."

Another why...

This thing is absolutely top heavy. It would be literally impossible to use on your lap (unless it's a touch screen and you laid it flat.) Speaking for anyone who has ever tried to use a surface or iPad while standing with it's "feet"... we already know this thing is going to fall over.... a lot. 

Another why...

Why include a shitty keyboard? Looks like a membrane switched chicklet... 

But nooo.... it's an ROG product so the review MUST be unabashedly positive. 

Very interesting, I like the idea so far. Good thing it's the prototype cuz I can see that some thing still need to be ironed out.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

I'm just curious how much this would cost...Seriously, as a international traveler, I would pay for this thing rather than carry a desktop or awkward laptop...

6 minutes ago, VegetableStu said:

it has a battery. needs two bricks to charge though (because flight legalities)

so takes 2 bricks to charge and will last all of roughly 1.5 hrs

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

I'd be tempted on that as a hot swappable desktop replacement. I want to downsize this year (kinda liking the caravan/etc idea XD ). Something like this would be perfect. It would fold out for gaming/work/art, and fold back to use as a TV/display/light web browsing. Keyboard would also be awesome.

Just want to know if they waste space in that top section of the keyboard. I hate wasted space. XD

1 minute ago, VegetableStu said:

just like the crazy large gaming laptop, minus the unshapely bulk o_o

yay. so they solved nothing. they moved the heat from the bottom to the top and with all that CNC milling i can't wait to see the price.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

battery probably last shorter than my 8 year old laptop's battery.

I'm gonna go find my own tech support...

with BLACKJACK and HOOKERS!

(Welcome to LTT Forums)

How would this compared to a custom built workstation laptop?

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

3 hours ago, williamcll said:

How would this compared to a custom built workstation laptop?

Nobody custom builds laptops

"And I'll be damned if I let myself trip from a lesser man's ledge"

It looks like they have put in a FHD or 4K screen in the device. Instead they could have also used a 16:10 WUXGA or QWUXGA panel to get rid of that THICC ugly chin and the unnecessary ROG logo. 

9 hours ago, Velcade said:

Nobody custom builds laptops

Don't companies like eurocom build custom laptops?

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

Still can't use it on the bus as a normal laptop. Nefore anyone buys one imo you should know the upgradability/repairability of the unit, else it becomes a Mac.

I also think Linus us taking away Alex's desktop as punishment for failing at reading the Hyperloops Whitepaper ?

8 hours ago, Canada EH said:

Excuse me but why are there so many new employee's at LMG?

I don't think they are new, I think they are the newest employees who have finally gotten "some" screen time, etc.

31 minutes ago, Egg-Roll said:

Still can't use it on the bus as a normal laptop

Hopefully it has a touchscreen and digitizer so that it can be one hell of a tablet though.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.