Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ruo94

windows 10 boot manager problem

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

I installed windows 10 on a new ssd from my computer, and decided to use that new 1 as the boot drive. however, the boot manager is still detect as old ssd on my bios. booting from my new ssd gives me the blue error screen.

is there a way to change the boot manager to my new drive without re installing? 

thanks!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ruo94 said:

I installed windows 10 on a new ssd from my computer, and decided to use that new 1 as the boot drive. however, the boot manager is still detect as old ssd on my bios. booting from my new ssd gives me the blue error screen.

is there a way to change the boot manager to my new drive without re installing? 

thanks!

Did you clean install to the new SSD?

And is there any important data on the old SSD?


Primary PC: Lazarus https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Pf6fBb (Windows 10 Home)

HTPC: *name pending*https://pcpartpicker.com/list/bz62P3 (Windows 10 Home)
Server: Dell Precision T7500 - Dual Xeon X5660's, 44GB ECC DDR3, Radeon HD 6350 (Windows 10 Pro)
Oher PCs:          

*name pending* - i7-920, MSI-X58 Platinum SLI, 12GB DDR3, EVGA GTX 260 + EVGA GTX 260 Core 216 in SLI - https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Nknj6s (Windows 7 Pro)

HP DC7900 - Core 2 Duo E8400, 4GB DDR2, Radeon HD 5350 (Windows Vista)

Compaq Presario 5000 - Pentium 4 1.7Ghz, 1GB DDR, Nvidia GeForce 2 MX400 (Windows XP)
Compaq Presario 8772 - Pentium MMX 200Mhz, 48MB PC66, 6GB Quantum HDD, "8GB" HP SATA SSD adapted to IDE (Windows 98 SE)

In progress project PCs:

*name pending* - Pentium G4400, 8GB DDR3, Asus H110

*name pending* - AMD A4-6300, 8GB DDR3

*name and purpose pending* - AMD Ryzen 5 2400G

*name and purpose pending* - Asus Strix 1070

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
8 minutes ago, Eastman51 said:

Did you clean install to the new SSD?

And is there any important data on the old SSD?

I did the installation from my old windows, instead of booting from my usb. (I think thats the error right there)

My old os is still intact. I can still boot into it

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ruo94 said:

I did the installation from my old windows, instead of booting from my usb. (I think thats the error right there)

My old os is still intact. I can still boot into it

I would make a USB, and select custom/advanced install and delete all the partitions off both SSDs. Then your old SSD will be clean for use as a drive, and your new SSD will be freshly setup as the boot drive


Primary PC: Lazarus https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Pf6fBb (Windows 10 Home)

HTPC: *name pending*https://pcpartpicker.com/list/bz62P3 (Windows 10 Home)
Server: Dell Precision T7500 - Dual Xeon X5660's, 44GB ECC DDR3, Radeon HD 6350 (Windows 10 Pro)
Oher PCs:          

*name pending* - i7-920, MSI-X58 Platinum SLI, 12GB DDR3, EVGA GTX 260 + EVGA GTX 260 Core 216 in SLI - https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Nknj6s (Windows 7 Pro)

HP DC7900 - Core 2 Duo E8400, 4GB DDR2, Radeon HD 5350 (Windows Vista)

Compaq Presario 5000 - Pentium 4 1.7Ghz, 1GB DDR, Nvidia GeForce 2 MX400 (Windows XP)
Compaq Presario 8772 - Pentium MMX 200Mhz, 48MB PC66, 6GB Quantum HDD, "8GB" HP SATA SSD adapted to IDE (Windows 98 SE)

In progress project PCs:

*name pending* - Pentium G4400, 8GB DDR3, Asus H110

*name pending* - AMD A4-6300, 8GB DDR3

*name and purpose pending* - AMD Ryzen 5 2400G

*name and purpose pending* - Asus Strix 1070

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×