Upscaling video and audio

This may be under the wrong category so sorry

My friend needs help with his project video he put it under google drive to make sure it doesnt get deleted but when it put it on his drive it downscaled it to 240p and the worst audio I have ever heard

Is there someway i can pop it into sony vegas and fix it??

MY MAIN BUILD AT FATHERS HOUSE!

Spoiler

CPU: AMD FX-8300 3.3GHz 8-Core Processor CPU COOLER:  Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P ATX AM3+ Motherboard

RAM: 32gb ddr3

Hard Drive:  Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

Graphics Card:  MSI Radeon RX 470 DirectX 12 Radeon RX 470 ARMOR 4G OC 4GB 256-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card

Case: Rosewill TYRFING ATX Mid Tower Case

Network Adapter:  TP-Link TL-WN781ND PCI-Express x1 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi Adapter

Case Fans:  Corsair Air Series AF140 Quiet Edition 67.8 CFM 140mm Fan (PLUS THE STOCK CASE FAN)

Monitor:  Asus VG248QE 24.0" 1920x1080 144Hz Monitor

Keyboard:  Thermaltake CHALLENGER PRIME Wired Gaming Keyboard

Mouse:  MSI Interceptor DS B1 Wired Optical Mouse

Speakers: Logitech Z200 0W 2ch Speakers

On 1/6/2019 at 5:29 PM, Lilninjsways said:

This may be under the wrong category so sorry

My friend needs help with his project video he put it under google drive to make sure it doesnt get deleted but when it put it on his drive it downscaled it to 240p and the worst audio I have ever heard

Is there someway i can pop it into sony vegas and fix it??

To be honest, rather than trying to engineer some sort of software solution, the best course of action is simply to have your friend re-upload it to some other file hosting service that has minimal compression/downscaling of the file. 

On 1/12/2019 at 8:36 AM, LyondellBasell said:

To be honest, rather than trying to engineer some sort of software solution, the best course of action is simply to have your friend re-upload it to some other file hosting service that has minimal compression/downscaling of the file. 

Google drive shouldn't compress photos or videos from what I know. Only exception is if it's uploaded automatically from phone and a setting isn't changed, it's downscaled to 1080p and maybe lower bitrate. 

So I bet it's just the sharing process or downloading process that did compression. Or it was that bad to begin with.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

On 1/12/2019 at 7:22 PM, Mihle said:

Google drive shouldn't compress photos or videos from what I know. Only exception is if it's uploaded automatically from phone and a setting isn't changed, it's downscaled to 1080p and maybe lower bitrate. 

So I bet it's just the sharing prosess or downloading prowess that did compression. Or it was that bad to begin with.

This ^^ 

I use Google Drive all the time to move 4k video files between people remotely and never have issue with compression.  Something in the chain is screwing up but it isn't Google Drive.

You will never recover or repair a damage or compressed video/sound file to make it a good quality by today's standards.  It is all just 1s and 0s and a lot of those bits of data are simply gone, you cannot just make them up out of thin air.  You need to go to the source and confirm that file is good, then figure out why it is compressing so horribly if it is.  

Did you friend text it to Google Drive? I don't even know if that is a possible thing but I know on my Pixel 2 if I text a video to a person it compresses quite a lot and the image/sound quality becomes terrible.  However using the Google Drive app and uploading my images, videos, and audio files to the Drive has never caused me any compression issues.

Ryzen 7 2700X , Asus Prime X570-Pro, Bykski CPU Block, AMD Vega 56, Barrow GPU block, g.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB PC2800, Dual EKWB SE360 Radiators, Corsair RM750x PSU. All in a Lian-Li PC011 Dynamic XL case.