rtx 2080 ftw3 or gtx 1080ti

I need to upgrade my graphics card but I'm not sure what graphics card to save up for. I play at 4k so I'm not sure ive been told to just wait for a new graphics card because its not a big increase of performance to spend that kind of money 

also can I use a HDMI to display port to play 1440 at 60 fps? I'm using a 4k tv to play games because I have consoles connected to it as well

They perform pretty similar. I'd get the 2080 for better support over time, or the 1080Ti if it's at least $50 less.

-----> Official Unofficial Favorite Keyswitch Type Survey <-----

OWNER OF THE FASTEST INTEL iGPU ON LTT UNIGINE SUPERPOSITION [lol]

GAMING RIG "SNOWBLIND"

CPU i5-13600k | COOLING Corsair H150i Elite Capellix 360mm (White) | MOTHERBOARD Gigabyte Z690 Aero G DDR4 | GPU Gigabyte RTX 3070 Vision OC (White) | RAM  16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB (White)SSD Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | PSU ASUS STRIX 850W (White)CASE  Phanteks G360a (White) | HEADPHONES  Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro | KEYBOARD Zoom75 (KTT Strawberry w/ GMK British Racing Green keycaps) | MOUSE  Cooler Master MM711 (White) MONITOR HP X32 1440p 165hz IPS

WORK RIG "OVERPRICED BRICK"

Mac Studio (M2 Ultra / 128GB / 1TB) | HEADPHONES  AirPods Pro 2 | KEYBOARD Logitech MX Mechanical Mini | MOUSE  Logitech MX Master 3S MONITOR 2x Dell 4K 32"

SECONDARY RIG "ALCATRAZ"

CPU i7-4770K OC @ 4.3GHz | COOLING Cryorig M9i (review| MOTHERBOARD ASUS Z87-PROGPU Gigabyte 1650 Super Windforce OC | RAM  16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3 1600 MHzSSD Samsung 860 Evo 512GB | HDD Toshiba 3TB 7200RPMPSU EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750WCASE  NZXT H230 | HEADPHONES  Sony WH-1000XM3  | KEYBOARD Corsair STRAFE - Cherry MX Brown | MOUSE  Logitech G602 MONITOR LG 34UM58-P 34" Ultrawide

HOLA NIGHT THEMERS

GET YOUR ASS ON NIGHT THEME

OTHER TECH I OWN:

MacBook Pro 16" [M1 Pro/32GB/1TB] | 2022 Volkswagen GTI | iPhone 14 Pro | Sony a6000 | Apple Watch Series 8 45mm | 2018 MBP 15" | Lenovo Flex 3 [i7-5500U, HD5500 (fastest on the forum), 8GB RAM, 256GB Samsung 840 Evo] | PS5, Xbox One & Nintendo Switch [Home Theater setup] | DJI Phantom 3 Standard | AirPods 2 | Jaybird Freedom (two pairs) & X2 [long story, PM if you want to know why I have 3 pairs of Jaybirds]

1 minute ago, Shiv78 said:

They perform pretty similar. I'd get the 2080 for better support over time, or the 1080Ti if it's at least $50 less.

ok yea I would be looking for used for a 1080 cuz on amazon they are like 2 grand

2 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

2080 xc or even black could get the job done pretty well too...

now its 50 50 for graphics cards hmmm

Just now, Sir_Dusk said:

now its 50 50 for graphics cards hmmm

nah. i think both are good choises. i just want to tell you that you probably don't need that high end of a 2080

1 minute ago, LukeSavenije said:

nah. i think both are good choises. i just want to tell you that you probably don't need that high end of a 2080

ok I will look around for 1080ti

1 minute ago, Sir_Dusk said:

I don't think that's what he was implying. I also think the 2080 is a better choice.

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu

yep, evga cards are great btw

Just now, mxk. said:

I don't think that's what he was implying. I also think the 2080 is a better choice.

true. i was implying to get or a lower tier 2080 or a second hand 1080 ti. both are great cards.

Just now, LukeSavenije said:

true. i was implying to get or a lower tier 2080 or a second hand 1080 ti. both are great cards.

yea they are good my gtx 1070 ftw is awesome I like the colors of the rgb they can make systems look awsome

yea they are good my gtx 1070 ftw is awesome I like the colors of the rgb they can make systems look awsome

you know the xc have rgb now too?

you know the xc have rgb now too?

no I didn't good to know

no I didn't good to know

the ftw line is really only for extreme overclockers, as it has dual bios support, overkill cooling, the xc ultra is a really nice card to have.

the ftw line is really only for extreme overclockers, as it has dual bios support, overkill cooling, the xc ultra is a really nice card to have.

ohhhhhhhhhhhhh ok yea I just keep my cards mostly stock ok good to know

So i play at 4k and go the 2080. The promise of DLSS in the future is too good to pass up. Essentially it gives you better 4k speeds. This feature the 1080ti won't have. 

I had a zotac amp 2080 for 700 that did 2050 MHz 

curently have the flag ship msi trio x oc that only averages 2035mhz

u don’t need a top line Turing card 

Nvdia locked them down to much so ur not paying for extra performance 

-13600kf 

- 4000 32gb ram 

-4070ti super duper