Future New York trip!

ViruZ_HUN

Hello!

My mom just told me that we are going to New York after september this year!. And as you know i may buy a computer there if everything goes fine.

I will buy everything in New York(America) Except the Case becuze it will take to much space so i get it in sweden instead. I was thinking about to put all PC parts inside the Bag, and fully safe, and i will make the Bag almost "Unopenable" for max safety.

SO my question is:

Do someone know a fysical store around New York where i can get all parts in?

and

WHen they will skan a bag full of PC parts, Will the scanner scan the parts as something dangerous?. or is it seen outside the bag that it is just PC parts?

( i want to do this becuze its almost half the price then here in sweden and also we are tripping to New York about the time i want/will get the PC, so why not?)

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

Don't do it. The tsa is murder. 

TSA?

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

i dont know of stores but be sure to tell the people they are pc parts and let them look in the bag. if you give them any hassle they will get angry. 

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

When you go there you have to pack everything in your check-in baggage.

Also won't the TAX officers pull you to the sides when you get back to Sweden?

Command Center:

Case: Corsair 900D; PSU: Corsair AX1200i; Mobo: ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition; CPU: i7-3970x; CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i; GPU: 2x ASUS DCII GTX780Ti OC; RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (8x8) 2133MHz CL9; Speaker: Logitech Z2300; HDD 1: Samsung 840 EVO 500GB; HDD 2: 2x Samsung 540 EVO 500GB (Raid 0); HDD 3: 2x Seagate Barracuda 3TB (Raid 0); Monitor 1: LG 42" LED TV; Monitor 2: BenQ XL2420TE; Headphones 1: Denon AH-D7000Headphones 2Audio-Technica AD1000PRMHeadphones 3Sennheiser Momentum Over-EarHeadsetSteelseries Siberia Elite; Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RBG; Mouse: Steelseries Rival 300; Other: Macbook Pro 15 Retina (Mid-2014), PlayStation 4, Nexus 7 32GB (2014), iPhone 6 64GB, Samsung Galaxy S6 64GB

are you %100 sure about it ? because you have been asking questions about putting a system together for more than 6 months and yet...

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Transportation Security Agency. A division of dhs. Think airport security.

Cant i personally talk with them on same way? before they mess 3000 USD up?

To answer your store question, I've bought a few items from the BH store (http://www.bhphotovideo.com) in Manhattan and there's a Microcenter in Bronx I think. But, of course, like in most cases, buying online is generally cheaper.

Just buy the stuff in your own country. It always works better that way unless you're buying something like a laptop, which is durable and easy to carry.

What are you going to do if something is broken (like DOA)?

What are you going to do if it breaks on the plane or in the scanner or something?

What are you going to do if your airline loses your bag?

Besides, it's tax avoidance, ethics are questionable.

Compatible with Windows 95

When you go there you have to pack everything in your check-in baggage.

Also the won't the TAX officers pull you to the sides when you get back to Sweden?

why would they?, if we already payed a bunch of money to trip from sweden to America?

i want to know all risks..

I think Microcenter is in New York. They often have great deals. I picked up a 4770k for $230 (168 eur) because of them

Isn't frozencpu.com also based in New York?

"You Can't Buy Happiness, But You Can Buy Horsepower, And That's Kind of The Same Thing."

WHen they will skan a bag full of PC parts, Will the scanner scan the parts as something dangerous?. or is it seen outside the bag that it is just PC parts?

You have to declare goods you import in the EU if it is over 430€ / 4300SEK and pay taxes on import (25%) + duty on some items.

If you don't declare goods and you get caught, you might have to pay the taxes at least twice (i.e. 50% or more) or if it is over a certain value (I thin 1000€)  you will have to go to court ;) (i.e. not worth it)

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

I think Microcenter is in New York. They often have great deals. I picked up a 4770k for $230 (168 eur) because of them

Micro Center, fuck yeah.

I am in NY, and I prefer the one in Long Island. Good service, good stock.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

They will probably open the bag but they probably won't confiscate anything.

But if the total cost is over a certin amount (I think its $1000) you will probably need to pay taxes

<p>Wires Suck :angry:
!fY0|_|(4|\|R34[)7#!5PMM37#3(0[)3:1337 70833|\|73R3[)!|\|49!\/34\|/4Y 4|\|[)93741!f3

To ship over the computer hardware internationally will really eat your budget.

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

There should be no problem on the american side of things and there is absolutely no reason to make your bag impossible to open, that does nothing but add to suspicion. Your problem is when you get back to Sweden. If the tax officers at the Swedish airport pulls you aside and asks you to open your bag you will promptly be asked to pay 25% in VAT and up to 20% in import tax, essentially making buying parts in USA nothing but an extra hassle.

Cant i personally talk with them on same way? before they mess 3000 USD up?

I wouldn't try. They are very paranoid. They might fear a bomb in the psu or a knife in the gpu. It is up to you. You can call them and ask about the rules and use that information.  

Don't buy anything in the electronics stores around Time Square. Most of those live off ripping off turists.

Also be carefull. If you import for more than around 300€ you can be taken aside by the Swedish customes they force you to pay. You will have to pay a fee, the full retail tax on those items, the import tax, and if you don't declare the items also a big fine.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

Micro Center, fuck yeah.

I am in NY, and I prefer the one in Long Island. Good service, good stock.

I wish we had them over here in Washington.

I have a frys here but it's an hour and a half drive =/

Good thing I can order from Amazon and pick it up 20 minutes later.

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide

Just buy the stuff in your own country. It always works better that way unless you're buying something like a laptop, which is durable and easy to carry.

What are you going to do if something is broken (like DOA)?

What are you going to do if it breaks on the plane or in the scanner or something?

What are you going to do if your airline loses your bag?

Besides, it's tax avoidance, ethics are questionable.

I dont know

I dont know

I dont know

I am just asking if its safe becuze i save lots of money

The thing is, you will need to pay tax on it, basically "Sweden needs to make money from your ventures in the U.S."

Basically you will need to declare your products right?

Command Center:

Case: Corsair 900D; PSU: Corsair AX1200i; Mobo: ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition; CPU: i7-3970x; CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i; GPU: 2x ASUS DCII GTX780Ti OC; RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (8x8) 2133MHz CL9; Speaker: Logitech Z2300; HDD 1: Samsung 840 EVO 500GB; HDD 2: 2x Samsung 540 EVO 500GB (Raid 0); HDD 3: 2x Seagate Barracuda 3TB (Raid 0); Monitor 1: LG 42" LED TV; Monitor 2: BenQ XL2420TE; Headphones 1: Denon AH-D7000Headphones 2Audio-Technica AD1000PRMHeadphones 3Sennheiser Momentum Over-EarHeadsetSteelseries Siberia Elite; Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RBG; Mouse: Steelseries Rival 300; Other: Macbook Pro 15 Retina (Mid-2014), PlayStation 4, Nexus 7 32GB (2014), iPhone 6 64GB, Samsung Galaxy S6 64GB

I wouldn't try. They are very paranoid. They might fear a bomb in the psu or a knife in the gpu. It is up to you. You can call them and ask about the rules and use that information.  

Please don't spread false information, there is absolutely nothing standing in the way of taking computer hardware with you on a plane.

There should be no problem on the american side of things and there is absolutely no reason to make your bag impossible to open, that does nothing but add to suspicion. Your problem is when you get back to Sweden. If the tax officers at the Swedish airport pulls you aside and asks you to open your bag you will promptly be asked to pay 25% in VAT and up to 20% in import tax, essentially making buying parts in USA nothing but an extra hassle.

I dont know

I dont know

I dont know

I am just asking if its safe becuze i save lots of money

Please read this, you will save nothing.