Aesthetics: Is it worth the money?

True1q2w

So I have been building computer for about 6 years and I have never made my PC look pretty. By that I mean I not do cable management, I don't even use side panels. I just like the fact that I can constantly have access to the computer and when I wanna upgrade move it, with everything and set it down and replace easy.  

Pretty much I just wanna ask the community whether they make their PC look pretty, or you don't care and you just throw everything together and if it works it works? Sorry I know this is weird and probably done already on here, but hey, I'm just wondering!?

Have a great night y'all!

Yeah, I care a lot about it, but I also like photographing my stuff.

Though if you don't want to, I'm not going to come to your house and make you.

It's your thing to do whatever you want with.

3P7A2516-Edit.thumb.jpg.d899b31b483a51b46866c229396df57d.jpg

3P7A2988-Edit.thumb.jpg.fd963cbeee9649786592856dcbc36c75.jpg

image.thumb.png.42ea1bea758a0ed31804c8d44e5ab93d.png

3P7A2158-Edit.thumb.jpg.bb37b16a51cc560f984e5abce36d6187.jpg

I don't think this will start a thread war, cable management vs not isn't exactly a spicy debate. Now RGB vs non RGB, that's one that gets people banned.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Just now, fasauceome said:

I don't think this will start a thread war, cable management vs not isn't exactly a spicy debate. Now RGB vs non RGB, that's one that'll get you banned.

or intel vs amd, amd vs nvidia, android vs ios, macos vs windows, asus vs any other company

those are heavy debates that gets you banned easier

1 minute ago, Nicnac said:

I like Apple.

There. Thats should trigger more than half the forum.

@DrMacintosh will have your back

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

I like Apple.

You must love overpaying for everything.

/threadlocked

I like Apple.

I will find you .....

i7 12700k @ 5.1GHz OC (EKWB) / Msi Edge wifi ddr4 / Asus TUF 3080ti (EKWB) / Acer XB327 270HZ, 3x LG 27GL83A-B 144hz, SONY KDL40D3000 Thermaltake P5 / 32gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / Samsung 980 pro 1tb NVMe ssd, Serbrent 1tb NVMe ssd,Samsung 850 EVO 500GB, Samsung 860 PRO SSD (raid), 2 TB Seagate HDDSeasonic TX 1000w titanium/ EK-FC1080 Ti GTX ASUS Strix RGB GPU Block, EK-Supremacy EVO, EK-CoolStream XE 360 [6x120 Thermaltake Ring fans], EK-CoolStream XE 360 slim [6x120 Thermaltake Ring fans],  EK-DDC 3.2 PWM Elite Edition, EK-RES X3 250 RGBMountain Everest custom with Sorbothane sound dampening / Razer Viper Ultimate, Logitec G502 , Logitec G Pro Wireless / Beardynamic DT1990 PRO with Litz wire full conversion to balanced, custom cable in Litz, Dakoni ear pads going through Topping E30 DAC to Singxer SA-1 amp/Sennhieser HD598, Sennhieser GSP 670, Custom Floor Standing Speakers in 5.1, Panasonic amp. Rode NT-USB on Rode boom.

I like a minimal 2 tone colour scheme that isn't bright where you can see water trickling through the carefully shaped tubing, with a dark tint to the glass panel. Removing the front of the case and modding a magnetic 1mm thick dust filter the length the front, so that all you see is a square glass panel with bits inside when viewed from the side, placed below the 3rd monitor, to the side of the other 2 that are stacked.

or in other words, yes. 

i7 12700k @ 5.1GHz OC (EKWB) / Msi Edge wifi ddr4 / Asus TUF 3080ti (EKWB) / Acer XB327 270HZ, 3x LG 27GL83A-B 144hz, SONY KDL40D3000 Thermaltake P5 / 32gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / Samsung 980 pro 1tb NVMe ssd, Serbrent 1tb NVMe ssd,Samsung 850 EVO 500GB, Samsung 860 PRO SSD (raid), 2 TB Seagate HDDSeasonic TX 1000w titanium/ EK-FC1080 Ti GTX ASUS Strix RGB GPU Block, EK-Supremacy EVO, EK-CoolStream XE 360 [6x120 Thermaltake Ring fans], EK-CoolStream XE 360 slim [6x120 Thermaltake Ring fans],  EK-DDC 3.2 PWM Elite Edition, EK-RES X3 250 RGBMountain Everest custom with Sorbothane sound dampening / Razer Viper Ultimate, Logitec G502 , Logitec G Pro Wireless / Beardynamic DT1990 PRO with Litz wire full conversion to balanced, custom cable in Litz, Dakoni ear pads going through Topping E30 DAC to Singxer SA-1 amp/Sennhieser HD598, Sennhieser GSP 670, Custom Floor Standing Speakers in 5.1, Panasonic amp. Rode NT-USB on Rode boom.

Not for me. I like my rigs to be plain business boxes on the outside. Who am I impressing, all of two people on a forum? I build my rigs to be used and abused, not to jerk off my e-peen on Reddit.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

Cable management is about more than aesthetics.

I am not one for RGB, I have a windowless case and cant see anything of my rig as its mostly behind a monitor.

I did spend ages on cable management though as its important for good airflow.

If how it looks is important to you then yes, its worth it. If you are not going to look inside your case then just go windowless and spend the money elsewhere or not at all.

i5 8600 - RX580 - Fractal Nano S - 1080p 144Hz

See my PC is without side panels so air goes right through them. Ik dust and all but i get it out

2 minutes ago, handymanshandle said:

Not for me. I like my rigs to be plain business boxes on the outside. Who am I impressing, all of two people on a forum? I build my rigs to be used and abused, not to jerk off my e-peen on Reddit.

If thats what you think building a nice looking PC is about i can see why you wouldn't. 

internal2.jpg

pan4.jpg

The whole point of the build was that it was centered around a $1800 tempered glass chassis and displayed in my living room so yeah, you could say aesthetics was important to me xD

CPU: i7 6950X  |  Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ed. 10  |  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Special Edition 3200 MHz (CL14)  |  GPUs: 2x Asus GTX 1080ti SLI 

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1 TB M.2 NVME  |  PSU: In Win SIV 1065W 

Cooling: Custom LC 2 x 360mm EK Radiators | EK D5 Pump | EK 250 Reservoir | EK RVE10 Monoblock | EK GPU Blocks & Backplates | Alphacool Fittings & Connectors | Alphacool Glass Tubing

Case: In Win Tou 2.0  |  Display: Alienware AW3418DW  |  Sound: Woo Audio WA8 Eclipse + Focal Utopia Headphones

I like my to at least be a box with all the panels.

Current: R2600X@4.0GHz\\ Corsair Air 280x \\ RTX 2070 \\ 16GB DDR3 2666 \\ 1KW EVGA Supernova\\ Asus B450 TUF

Old Systems: A6 5200 APU -- A10 7800K + HD6670 -- FX 9370 + 2X R9 290 -- G3258 + R9 280 -- 4690K + RX480

My PC looks pretty decent. I wouldn't say that the cable management is the most amazing you'll ever find, but it certainly looks pretty decent. I personally do not care for RGB, and I hate that it's getting harder to find components that do not have RGB, mostly because I'm paying for a premium for something I won't even really use, and if I have them off, it makes the board look worse because of the material that's used where the lighting is located. 

When done correctly, RGB can look decent, but when it's overdone(which is subjective), it looks terrible. I prefer to have a classy looking PC, and RGB can just straight up ruin it, and really, just excessive lighting. I do care about having my PC look good, but it's more on the understated side since I'm using a Define R5 at the moment.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

29 minutes ago, NIneEyeRon said:

I did spend ages on cable management though as its important for good airflow.

You missed the video with luke testing that theory? 

27 minutes ago, HOOTSMON said:

If thats what you think building a nice looking PC is about i can see why you wouldn't. 

Keyword: I

I don't have anything to prove by building a PC revolved around looking flashy. Whether or not you want to do so is none of my business, but for me, I build my rigs to take on what I need them to, not as a showpiece.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

I'll do some cable managements, to make sure a wild cable won't suddenly decide to throw itself in a fan out of nowhere (had this happen before... was fine for months and suddenly I start hearing a racket from my case... a fan cable had apparently "moved" by itself into a fan... I dunno how, it's magic or something).
But other than that, I don't care for aesthetics inside the computer case.
I'll get whatever works and fit my budget, regardless of the color.
I don't have or want a side window, I prefer having a side intake fan for better GPU cooling.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro