Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
CommodoreMartin

Screen Tearing on Chrome Videos

Youtube is has been really glitchy lately, does it work on firefox?, I feel bad for you being forced to use IE.

CPU: FX-6300 @ 4.4 ghz GPU: MSI 7950 Motherboard: Asrock 970 Extreme R2  RAM: Teamgroup Elite Black 8GB 1600mhz

Case: Corsair 300r Windowed Storage: 60GB Corsair SSD boot, 1TB WD Black storage PSU: Corsair GS600 Displays: AOC 22", Acer 24" both 1920x1080 60hz

Cooling: Coolermaster V8 cpu cooler Keyboard: QPAD MK50 Cherry MX Blue Mouse: Logitech G500s  Mouse Pad: Corsair MM400 Sound: Sennheiser G4ME ONE headset, Audio Technica ATH M50s

Posted · Original PosterOP

Youtube is has been really glitchy lately, does it work on firefox?, I feel bad for you being forced to use IE.

i have to install fire fox. its not just youtube. Any video I watch in that browser does it

Made an account just to respond to this, usually I just lurk. I am having this EXACT same problem. The tearing goes away if you disable Chrome's pepflashplayer Flash plugin via "Chrome://plugins" (for me at least), but the problem I have when I do that is that every video I open in a new tab is just a blank black box with audio. 

I have tried:
Disabling both Chrome's pepflashplayer and external Flash - Nothing
Disabling/Re-enabling hardware acceleration - Nothing
Updating Graphics Drivers - Nothing
Clearing Cache/cookies - Nothing
Re-installing Chrome - Worked, temporarily.

According to some threads on support forums, Google rolled out an update to Chrome that was unstable and was supposed to stay on the Beta channel. I'm currently on version 32.0.1700.76 m. When I re-installed Chrome, the version had been reverted to 32.0.1700.63 m, which I can only assume was a stable version. But Google had automatically updated to the most recent version a day later. 

Posted · Original PosterOP

Made an account just to respond to this, usually I just lurk. I am having this EXACT same problem. The tearing goes away if you disable Chrome's pepflashplayer Flash plugin via "Chrome://plugins" (for me at least), but the problem I have when I do that is that every video I open in a new tab is just a blank black box with audio. 

I have tried:

Disabling both Chrome's pepflashplayer and external Flash - Nothing

Disabling/Re-enabling hardware acceleration - Nothing

Updating Graphics Drivers - Nothing

Clearing Cache/cookies - Nothing

Re-installing Chrome - Worked, temporarily.

According to some threads on support forums, Google rolled out an update to Chrome that was unstable and was supposed to stay on the Beta channel. I'm currently on version 32.0.1700.76 m. When I re-installed Chrome, the version had been reverted to 32.0.1700.63 m, which I can only assume was a stable version. But Google had automatically updated to the most recent version a day later. 

i did not have pepflashplayer but reinstalling it work temporarily but its back. Do you know anything about when it will be fixed in an update? 

i did not have pepflashplayer but reinstalling it work temporarily but its back. Do you know anything about when it will be fixed in an update? 

Unfortunately no, it seems the problem only arose when they released the update with the new "Metro" scroll bars.