PS4/XBONE Menu Lag

Has anyone been having issues while in their menus on either console, with either lagging or completely being frozen and just shuts down. Its been happening more and more on my PS4 rather than my xbox. Ive been told to rebuild the database which I have done multiple times with no change. I'm also not using much space on the system either, there's only a couple games installed at the moment, mainly because I hardly use it right now since A: nothing has been coming out that I'm interested in and B: Because of this issue. My system in connected directly to internet with over 100Mb/s but not matter what I do this issue keeps getting worse. 

If anything, the menu system on my PS4 Pro is much more responsive than the Xbox 1X. Sounds like something else is going on.  When do you experience the latency?

Gaming - AMD TR 3970X | ASUS ROG Zenith Extreme II | G.SKILL Neo 3600 64GB | Zotac Nvidia 2080 Ti AMP | 2x Sabarent 1TB NVMe | Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD | Phanteks Enthoo 719 | Seasonic Prime Ultra Platinum 1000w | Corsair K70 RGB Lux | Corsiar M65 | 2x ASUS Rog PG279Q | BenQ EW3270U | Windows 10 Pro | EKWB Custom loop

ITX - Intel i7-10700k | Asus ROG Z490-I Gaming | G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 3200 32GB | EVGA 2080 Super| Samsung 970 Evo 1TB | Samsung 860 Evo 1TB SSD | NZXT H1| Windows 10 Pro

HTPC - Intel i9-9900k | Asus ROG Maximus XI Code | G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 3200 32GB | EVGA 1070 | Samsung 970 1TB | WD Blue 1TB SSD | NZXT H700  | EVGA G3 1000W | Corsair H150i | Windows 10 Pro

Servers - SuperMicro 846 | 2x 2695L V2 | 128GB | Chelsio 10Gbe | Chelsio 40Gbe | 24 x 6TB | FreeNas - SuperMicro 826 | 2 x 2695L | 128GB | Chelsio 10Gbe | Chelsio 40Gbe | 8 x 10TB | 847 24 x 1TB SSD | Windows Server 2019

Work - Dell XPS 15 9560 | i7-7700HQ | 32 GB RAM | 1TB NVMe | 4k dsiplay

I can figure two things. Overheating or hard drive failure. I'm personally leaning more towards hard drive failure.

20 hours ago, Moruial said:

Has anyone been having issues while in their menus on either console, with either lagging or completely being frozen and just shuts down.

Sounds like the Harddrive might be dying. And its a good idea to replace it with a different one.

To do that on PS4 all you need is a FAT32 formatted USB Stick and the Firmware on it in the x:\PS4\UPDATE Folder. Remember: The bigger of the two that's a bit hidden on the buttom of the page.

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

Swap that pos laptop drive out for a nice SSD, load times on some games are greatly improved (Destiny 2 and FF15 for example)

On 1/6/2019 at 2:54 PM, Xplo1t said:

If anything, the menu system on my PS4 Pro is much more responsive than the Xbox 1X. Sounds like something else is going on.  When do you experience the latency?

All the time, no matter how many things are installed, no matter how much it's used. It constantly happens. 

On 1/6/2019 at 4:45 PM, Stefan Payne said:

Sounds like the Harddrive might be dying. And its a good idea to replace it with a different one.

To do that on PS4 all you need is a FAT32 formatted USB Stick and the Firmware on it in the x:\PS4\UPDATE Folder. Remember: The bigger of the two that's a bit hidden on the buttom of the page.

I haven't had ny problems with the heart drive, no failures or corruption. Its been lagging since I got the pro. 

On 1/7/2019 at 12:08 PM, kol said:

Swap that pos laptop drive out for a nice SSD, load times on some games are greatly improved (Destiny 2 and FF15 for example)

That was the plan originally \, but never got around to it. Not a fan of destiny. I loved final fantasy 15 till they decided to screw over customer by releasing extra content and having to pay for it even though I bought the season pass. 

Once I get my PC running, I probably won't be touching either console except for KH3. 

Yes. I have noticed this on the PS4 base, XBox One OG, and XBox One X. I doubt my hard drive is failing on all three systems. It isn't horrible lag and it isn't all the time. It's just sometimes it lags a bit. On the X it seems to happen if I suddenly quit a game and try to navigate the dash right away. Sometimes there is even a delay pulling up the secreens I navigate to. I haven't done anything to address it though because I've been lazy.

It is also worth noting that I've hardly played my PS4 lately except for a VR game here and there. I've just been playing a lot of multiplats lately and the X is the place to play them. Plus I've been achievement hunting. My point is that I'm not sure how it has been performing with recent updates. Maybe it has gotten better and to be honest, there seems to be considerably less lag on the PS4 base than on my One X.

I've also been having an odd problem on the One X where sometimes I try to launch the YouTube app and I keep getting an error message after several seconds. The only way to fix it seems to be to do a full reset.