Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gregoriou

Ram fiasco this time?

Posted · Original PosterOP

My cpu currently bottlenecks my gpu to high hell (I3-6100 vs 1070) i was planning to purchase the 1070 and a ryzen 2600 but lads gave it as a gift to me(1070) so for the time being i have a bottlenecking system. I have a single 8 stick of ram and i was wondering, dual channel ram 16 gb could potentially help my cpu resulting in a more stable performance?

You'll need an i7 in my opinion, plain quad cores are honestly no good, let alone a dual core with HT. Look for a used 6700 or 7700 if you can.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k (won) - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Kill Trident Z RGB - Force MP500 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - The venerated Hyper 212 Evo (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G2 650W - Black and green theme, Razer branwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

Linux Proliant ML150 G6:

Dual Xeon X5560 - 24GB ECC DDR3 - GTX 750 TI - old Seagate 1.5TB HDD - Dark moded Ubuntu (and Win7, cuz why not)

EVGA G3 threadSeasonic Focus threadUserbenchmark (Et al.) is trash explained, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 minute ago, fasauceome said:

You'll need an i7 in my opinion, plain quad cores are honestly no good, let alone a dual core with HT. Look for a used 6700 or 7700 if you can.

Sir i know i need to upgrade, my question is. Will for the time being a dual channel help my bottlenecking system?

1 minute ago, Gregoriou said:

Sir i know i need to upgrade, my question is. Will for the time being a dual channel help my bottlenecking system?

No sorry. Core count is what's hurting you.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k (won) - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Kill Trident Z RGB - Force MP500 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - The venerated Hyper 212 Evo (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G2 650W - Black and green theme, Razer branwashed me.

Linux Proliant ML150 G6:

Dual Xeon X5560 - 24GB ECC DDR3 - GTX 750 TI - old Seagate 1.5TB HDD - Dark moded Ubuntu (and Win7, cuz why not)

EVGA G3 threadSeasonic Focus threadUserbenchmark (Et al.) is trash explained, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

I have seen benchmarks where there is an absurd bottleneck like mine, with dual channel there were drastic differences because i guess the faster ram helped the cpu hence the gpu used more load?

9 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

No sorry. Core count is what's hurting you.

I have seen benchmarks where there is an absurd bottleneck like mine, with dual channel there were drastic differences because i guess the faster ram helped the cpu hence the gpu used more load?

16 minutes ago, Gregoriou said:

Dual Channel is good, but I don't believe it's quite enough. Although, I believe you should get both dual channel and an i7, so might as well get dual channel first and see if it reaches a satisfying level of performance.

Primary PC:

Linux Proliant ML150 G6: