THIS Piece of JUNK was my first phone!

nicklmg
9 minutes ago, GodAtum said:

why won't it call now??

The nearest cell tower that it supports is probably between 3 and 20 Mm.

17 hours ago, The Ran said:

My first was a Philips TCD308, from 1997 but it was a hand down from my older sister around 2000-2001. Strange to think that Linus is like 4 years older than me but I had a mobile phone 2-3 years before him. That said I didn't get my first new phone until about 2003-2004, a Sagem MY V-65 which was well ahead of the V100.

medium_2008_5015_0006__0001_.jpg

Ohh, I remember those, I got one free when I signed up for a credit card at freshers week. Would of been beginning of October '98 

Nonstandard ports eh? But Linus, Apple was 100% nonstandard till they realized how superior USB-C was to their junky connectors. Oh wait...

My phone way way back:

audiovox_8610_by_devianb_d89iuzr-pre.jpg

The $120 price tag was expensive for a phone...

Also VMUSA still has the manual ?

https://www.virginmobileusa.com/resources/phones/prepaid/manual/audiovox-vox-8610.pdf

I got my first cell in 1994 it was a Siemens S3+. Have had a bunch of weird phones in my life. Like a proto type of the Nokia banana phone that was the first phone ever to have WAP. It was buggy as hell but worked for some stuff.

my first phone back when sms was still in development
https://www.gsmarena.com/sony_cmd_j6-270.php

#1:- STRIX X470-F GAMING | Ryzen 7 2700X @ 42.50mhZ | Patriot Viper Steel Series 16gb (2x8) 4000 MHz | MSI RTX 2080 GAMING TRIO | ASUS ROG RYUJIN 240 | NZXT S340 ELITE | 2X 1TB 970 EVO PLUS M.2  +  3 X 1TB FIRECUDA 2.5" HYBRID DRIVES | EVGA SUPER NOVA G3 80+GOLD 1000W | AND ENOUGH RGB TO MAKE YOUR EYES MELT 

#2:- GIGABYTE X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING | RYZEN 2700X | AURUS 3200MHz | MSI GTX 1060 6GB | CIT BLAZE MID RED-BLACK | STOCK RYZEN RGB AIR COOLER | 2TB WD HDD + 500GB 970 EVO PLUS

#3:- STRIX X470-F GAMING | Ryzen 7 1800X | DOMINATOR LPX 3000MHz | STRIX 970| COOLER MASTER 240 ML | GAME MAX AURORA MID TOWER | CRUCIAL P1 1TB SSD M.2 + FIRECUDA 1TB HYBRID DRIVE

1 hour ago, Sacredsock said:

Ohh, I remember those, I got one free when I signed up for a credit card at freshers week. Would of been beginning of October '98 

They took credit card sized sim cards too. I remember cutting mine up when I got a "new" phone that took the small sized (at the time) sims.

10 hours ago, TechyBen said:

SE K800

k800allsides.jpg

Can fondly remember when SE phones were all the rage.

Had a W810i myself. Loved it. Expandable storage was via Memory Stick Duo. Wasn't a fan of that at all.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Heres my first three phones in order from left to right - Siemens A50, Siemens MC60, Siemens CF62.

siemens-a50_4e7ac08cdbe05.jpg51M80ZK38ZL._SY450_.jpg5724508398_a31eaa506e.jpg

They were all hand me downs :D 

I thought Linus was older than I am, but if he turned 16 in 2003 he's exactly my age.

My first phone was one of these:  Image result for motorola talkabout cell phone

Those weird Motorola Talkabout flip phones with the battery on the top.

14 hours ago, DildorTheDecent said:

Can fondly remember when SE phones were all the rage.

Had a W810i myself. Loved it. Expandable storage was via Memory Stick Duo. Wasn't a fan of that at all.

Yeah. My friends had a few and my bro. So I'm trying to remember if I had an inbetween model at all... kinda cloudy on that because there were so many around, and I may have gone from a 750-800 for a minor upgrade if it was just £50 or so at the time. :P

On 1/6/2019 at 11:59 PM, Mayushii said:

Heres my first three phones in order from left to right - Siemens A50, Siemens MC60, Siemens CF62.

siemens-a50_4e7ac08cdbe05.jpg51M80ZK38ZL._SY450_.jpg5724508398_a31eaa506e.jpg

They were all hand me downs :D 

And these were my first: Siemens A35, Siemens A50, Siemens CX75. First two were hand me downs. CX75 was bought for my 11th birthday.

exWq5xI.png