Other ways to cool this old GPU?

ChristerJohn

I am currently using an old GTX 760 (Korean Brand - Emtek, dual fans)

I'm still waiting my funds to purchase higher and products so I need to stay with this gpu for a longer period of time.

My temps before applying thermal paste reaches 98 Celsius and after applying paste it reaches 82-85 Celsius (higher sometimes on hot days), 50-60 Celsius when idle or just booted up

We don't have AC installed yet but I doubt it is going to help during heavy loads. I removed a side panel of the case because I'm getting higher temperatures when the components are enclosed even with fans. I don't want to watercool the pc because it will affect my funds and is not worth for older components

Are there any temporary solutions to cool this GPU? Thanks.

https://www.aliexpress.com/w/wholesale-mosfet-heatsink.html and be sure your fans are ok , you can use an AIO for the gpu and a single fan for the vrm's.

Examples of alternate gpu cooling :

Case: Corsair 760T  |  Psu: Evga  650w p2 | Cpu-Cooler : Noctua Nh-d15 | Cpu : 8600k  | Gpu: Gygabyte 1070 g1 | Ram: 2x8gb Gskill Trident-Z 3000mhz |  Mobo : Aorus GA-Z370 Gaming K3 | Storage : Ocz 120gb sata ssd , sandisk 480gb ssd , wd 1gb hdd | Keyboard : Corsair k95 rgb plat. | Mouse : Razer deathadder elite | Monitor: Dell s2417DG (1440p 165hz gsync) & a crappy hp 24' ips 1080p | Audio: Schiit stack + Akg k712pro + Blue yeti.

2 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

you could try undervolting it a bit... but is it 82-85 constant or 85 tops?

Yes. On GPU dependent/heavy games. It reaches 85 degrees (very rarely 89) and 82 on well balanced and optimized games. The Temps range of 82-89 is constant which is weird to me because it seems like it's capped.

4 minutes ago, campy said:

Just point a fan at it, high 80's under load isn't the worst but isn't ideal, it won't hurt the card.

Pointing a huge fan on it doesn't reduce the numbers but cools the surrounding areas of the pc. I don't know why it's not going down even a litte bit

id throw an Arctic Accelero Mono Plus at it, cheap and pretty good

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

8 minutes ago, ChristerJohn said:

Yes. On GPU dependent/heavy games. It reaches 85 degrees (very rarely 89) and 82 on well balanced and optimized games. The Temps range of 82-89 is constant which is weird to me because it seems like it's capped.

Pointing a huge fan on it doesn't reduce the numbers but cools the surrounding areas of the pc. I don't know why it's not going down even a litte bit

well, undervolting would be something then...

3 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

well, undervolting would be something then...

I'll give that a try. Thanks.

11 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

id throw an Arctic Accelero Mono Plus at it, cheap and pretty good

Never knew those coolers existed. I'll consider it. Thanks.