Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Brandon Knibbs

ps5 specs

Recommended Posts

On 1/4/2019 at 12:06 PM, tatte said:

Oh good sir, on the contrary! I think the time of PCs is over! It's easier than ever to buy a console, everyone can buy a console. They can be bought when you fetch some milk for your morning cereal, and they come in boxes that are superb for travelling using any method whatsoever.

 

Games are more appreciable on consoles. Each sale silly PCsts pour more and more money into "cheap games" they'll never play. Steam keeps pushing the addiction, rewarding users for the amount of games, and nothing for completing them (instead Steam makes you spend even more money to complete your badge). Oh my Cthulhu, that's some bad practice! Only good reason to buy a console are the yearly sports games, because those are very, very distinct each year, and in no way repetitive and absolutely worthless a month or two after their release.

 

With gaming console no need to upgrade expensive parts every six months just to make Lemmings run. I guess it's not good idea to pay £4000 for PC to fill some spreadsheets in 4K, when you can get a job for that, and pay under $200 for a machine that's actually fun to play games on.

 

/s

Ever heard of the new cheap apu atholons? lowspecgamer can get it to play games at 8K! at 30 fps 

Link to post
Share on other sites

t h e p s 5 w i l l r u n a c u s t o m z e n 2 a p u a n d p r o b a b l y a b o u t m a t c h a 2 0 6 0

 

I don't get why everybody is unreasonably excited about this thing. It's just not that interesting. They're still with AMD and everything lines up for them to be running Zen 2 by the time it's released. It'll have a Vega/Navi graphics chip in there and offer solid performance at a good price. It's just another console, people. It's not going to have some 4K 60FPS RTX on BS just because you'd like it if it did.


"uhhhhhhhhhh yeah id go with the 2600 its a good value for the money"

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nnfancois said:

Ever heard of the new cheap apu atholons? lowspecgamer can get it to play games at 8K! at 30 fps 

a. You're replying to sarcastic comment that is marked as such

b. What the hell game is he doing that on? Minecraft? With fast graphics?  It might play a single super easy to run game at absolutely potato settings at that resolution at that framerate. It's not going to play games in even the same remote range as that. Try 720p 25FPS.


"uhhhhhhhhhh yeah id go with the 2600 its a good value for the money"

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, 2SidedPolygon said:

a. You're replying to sarcastic comment that is marked as such

b. What the hell game is he doing that on? Minecraft? With fast graphics?  It might play a single super easy to run game at absolutely potato settings at that resolution at that framerate. It's not going to play games in even the same remote range as that. Try 720p 25FPS.

1.You sir dont understand a sarcastic comment if you say i dont r/woooosh

and 2. and actually the   atolons can play games well sometimes at 1080p 30fps (depending wich title of course) 

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, nnfancois said:

1.You sir dont understand a sarcastic comment if you say i dont r/woooosh

and 2. and actually the   atolons can play games well sometimes at 1080p 30fps (depending wich title of course) 

a. How?

b. Very few at very low settings. It's still a pretty mediocre experience that's not even on par with a console


"uhhhhhhhhhh yeah id go with the 2600 its a good value for the money"

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, 2SidedPolygon said:

a. How?

b. Very few at very low settings. It's still a pretty mediocre experience that's not even on par with a console

a.I was being sarcastic also 

b.and i quote from your post " What the hell game is he doing that on? Minecraft? With fast graphics?  It might play a single super easy to run game at absolutely potato settings at that resolution at that framerate. It's not going to play games in even the same remote range as that. Try 720p 25FPS"  how about seching up benchmarks before saying stuff like that even on the lowest at 720p you can gta v at 55-60 fps  and i think he capped the fps at 60 so think before you speak, and just serch suff up and im not going to respond to you anymore


 
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nnfancois said:

a.I was being sarcastic also 

b.and i quote from your post " What the hell game is he doing that on? Minecraft? With fast graphics?  It might play a single super easy to run game at absolutely potato settings at that resolution at that framerate. It's not going to play games in even the same remote range as that. Try 720p 25FPS"  how about seching up benchmarks before saying stuff like that even on the lowest at 720p you can gta v at 55-60 fps  and i think he capped the fps at 60 so think before you speak, and just serch suff up and im not going to respond to you anymore


 

Please link me to those benchmarks. Also, there was nothing implying that your comment was sarcastic.


"uhhhhhhhhhh yeah id go with the 2600 its a good value for the money"

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, 2SidedPolygon said:

Please link me to those benchmarks. Also, there was nothing implying that your comment was sarcastic.

He gave you the /s

 

Apparently it's up to you to know....


Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, SkilledRebuilds said:

He gave you the /s

 

Apparently it's up to you to know....

well i thought replying sarcastically to a sarcastic comment,that they would know but i guess not,plus im not very social irl so im not very good with social skills 

 

1 hour ago, 2SidedPolygon said:

Please link me to those benchmarks. Also, there was nothing implying that your comment was sarcastic.

 

and  finally 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't quite believe Boot Sequence earlier tonight when he said "raytracing for audio", so I decided to search it on the Audiokinetic website. But it's true...

 

Turns out because certain acoustic waveforms (such as Spatial/Binaural Audio) when visualised are like 3d landscapes, they can be processed with raytracing algorithms the same way as graphical computations.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Some of the specs have been leeked from the web and it seems interesting for gaming. The processor is going to be a apu (which seems normal for a console, right?) Wrong!! This apu is going to be a apu from a desktop which mean it going to be powerful and close to a pc. Better GPU and ram.

The apu will be a 8 "ZEN" cores with 16 threads and is being made with 7NM Technology.
The gpu is going to be a custom navi gpu which could be a 1060 or higher and being develop with help from amd or nvidia. Which we know you can have a amd processors that can work, with a nvidia cards for an example.

Ram could even be a GDDR6 ram which is something to talk about, as the ps4 only had GDDR4.

This is something that has been done before with microsoft Xbox 1 and I believe this could be something to do with crose platform gaming as nintendo and microsoft are crose platforming. Which microsoft have done with the xbox and pc already, connecting console and pc gamers from many games today. I think sony are going to do the same as the specs can hold up with the crose platforming which is already proven from the xbox 1. If this is the case we could see a big jump in console gaming and change it.

But, we need to be realilistic and this is speculation, I'm not 100% sure that this could happen, so keep your eyes on the web and update on this thread, as well I.


Thunder87

CPU: intel i5-4690k overclocked 4.2ghz MOBO: ASUS Z97 Sabertooth Mark 2  RAM: 16Gb of DDR3 Hyper-x Fury GPU: 2 x MSI Geforce GTX 970 O.C. (S.L.I. connected) CASE: AnTec 1200 Case STGE: SSD 350Gb, Green HHD 1TB PSU: Corsair |TX650|, DSP: ASUS 24" Wide Screen Monitor and Samsung 22" WATERBLOCK: Corsair H80i KBD: Corsair K30 MOUSE: R.A.T 3 SPKR: LogiTech 5.1 Surround Sound Speakers Z506, Corsair 7.1 Surround Headphones Wireless OS: Windows 10 Professional

Link to post
Share on other sites

8/16 cpu

a Navi card

 

it will

blow us away performance wise ps4<PS5

 

gonna be awesome but don’t expect a launch till Q3 2020 (before Xmas)


 

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x 1.35V @ 4.1GhZ  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX (2*8) 16GB 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2Nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Stormseeker9 said:

8/16 cpu

Just going to help you about knowing a cpu and apu. cpu and apu are different and are called an accelerated processing unit (APU). I'll send you the link so you can read about it more, if you like me to send it. Glad your happy about it.

https://www.gamingscan.com/apu-vs-cpu-vs-gpu/


Thunder87

CPU: intel i5-4690k overclocked 4.2ghz MOBO: ASUS Z97 Sabertooth Mark 2  RAM: 16Gb of DDR3 Hyper-x Fury GPU: 2 x MSI Geforce GTX 970 O.C. (S.L.I. connected) CASE: AnTec 1200 Case STGE: SSD 350Gb, Green HHD 1TB PSU: Corsair |TX650|, DSP: ASUS 24" Wide Screen Monitor and Samsung 22" WATERBLOCK: Corsair H80i KBD: Corsair K30 MOUSE: R.A.T 3 SPKR: LogiTech 5.1 Surround Sound Speakers Z506, Corsair 7.1 Surround Headphones Wireless OS: Windows 10 Professional

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Thunder87 said:

Just going to help you about knowing a cpu and apu. cpu and apu are different and are called an accelerated processing unit (APU). I'll send you the link so you can read about it more, if you like me to send it. Glad your happy about it.

https://www.gamingscan.com/apu-vs-cpu-vs-gpu/

I understand that an APU from amd is basically a cpu + integrated graphics.

 

but in my opinion I think this time round we will see a cpu + GPU. 

 

That is is what I meant 


 

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x 1.35V @ 4.1GhZ  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX (2*8) 16GB 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2Nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Stormseeker9 said:

I understand that an APU from amd is basically a cpu + integrated graphics.

 

but in my opinion I think this time round we will see a cpu + GPU. 

 

That is is what I meant 

Ah okay


Thunder87

CPU: intel i5-4690k overclocked 4.2ghz MOBO: ASUS Z97 Sabertooth Mark 2  RAM: 16Gb of DDR3 Hyper-x Fury GPU: 2 x MSI Geforce GTX 970 O.C. (S.L.I. connected) CASE: AnTec 1200 Case STGE: SSD 350Gb, Green HHD 1TB PSU: Corsair |TX650|, DSP: ASUS 24" Wide Screen Monitor and Samsung 22" WATERBLOCK: Corsair H80i KBD: Corsair K30 MOUSE: R.A.T 3 SPKR: LogiTech 5.1 Surround Sound Speakers Z506, Corsair 7.1 Surround Headphones Wireless OS: Windows 10 Professional

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Thunder87 said:

The processor is going to be a apu (which seems normal for a console, right?)

No, we don't know yet.

What we do know is "Zen2 based" that's it.

If they just pack a CPU Die right next to the I/O or GPU Die or integrate it, we don't know.

 

26 minutes ago, Thunder87 said:

Wrong!! This apu is going to be a apu from a desktop which mean it going to be powerful and close to a pc. Better GPU and ram.

Yeah, wrong because not confirmed. 
All that is: 8C/16T Zen2, NAVI based GPU. That's it.

 

26 minutes ago, Thunder87 said:

The gpu is going to be a custom navi gpu which could be a 1060 or higher and being develop with help from amd or nvidia. Which we know you can have a amd processors that can work, with a nvidia cards for an example.

Look, they have the PS4 PRO.

Do you think that the PS5 will have less power or even just being equal to PS4 PRO?

So that is the baseline that gets to be beaten...

Meaning probably more than 2048 Shaders...

 

My guess would be around 3072 as that's almost double the Shaders of the PS4 PRO + a slight increase such as 1,5GHz Clockrate (instead of 911MHz)...

 

26 minutes ago, Thunder87 said:

Ram could even be a GDDR6 ram which is something to talk about, as the ps4 only had GDDR4.

The PS4 had GDDR5, 4 was EOL for years at that time. The XBox had DDR3...

But GDDR6 is more probable. There are some rumors with 8GiB HBM2 + 16GiB GDDR6, but I don't believe it.

26 minutes ago, Thunder87 said:

This is something that has been done before with microsoft Xbox 1

Nope, at that time SGRAM wasn't that prominent and it was just normal Standard DDR-SDRAM

 

26 minutes ago, Thunder87 said:

and I believe this could be something to do with crose platform gaming as nintendo and microsoft are crose platforming.

It already is. There are Games that allow Consoles and PC Players to play together.


The first one was Final Fantasy XIV, that allowed that on Playstation 3. And there might even have been many more PS3 Games that allowed that.

Sony just didn't allow it for the PS4 but only to XBox, not PC. That was _ALWAY_ Possible and never closed.

Since somewhere last year, they even allow that as well.

26 minutes ago, Thunder87 said:

Which microsoft have done with the xbox and pc already,

Microsoft were the ones who didn't allow Cross Plattform Play with the 360 by the way. They were the ones who introduced most of the bad stuff - like paying for online Play.

And even today, you have to have Live Gold for Free to play Online games. You don't on Playstation and PC.

I haven't tried Switch (yet) though...

 


"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Stormseeker9 said:

but in my opinion I think this time round we will see a cpu + GPU. 

possible but only in an MCM, not seperate Chips.


"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Stefan Payne said:

possible but only in an MCM, not seperate Chips.

I did a 1 minute google and couldn’t find what you mean by MCM.

 

sorry if this makes me dumb 😅😂


 

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x 1.35V @ 4.1GhZ  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX (2*8) 16GB 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2Nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Stormseeker9 said:

I did a 1 minute google and couldn’t find what you mean by MCM.

Multi Chip Module


Basically Ryzen 3600, Threadripper, Epyc, XBox 360 Slim Chip and many more.


"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Stefan Payne said:

Multi Chip Module


Basically Ryzen 3600, Threadripper, Epyc, XBox 360 Slim Chip and many more.

Oh basically multi chiplets on one chip?

 

if so, thanks for the clarification. An informative post !


 

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x 1.35V @ 4.1GhZ  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX (2*8) 16GB 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2Nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Stormseeker9 said:

Oh basically multi chiplets on one chip?

Yeah, can be whatever.

In the XBox 360 Case it was DRAM/ROPs in one die and the rest in the other one.

 

Here we might see seperate CPU and GPU Dies...


"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Stefan Payne said:

No, we don't know yet.

What we do know is "Zen2 based" that's it.

If they just pack a CPU Die right next to the I/O or GPU Die or integrate it, we don't know.

 

Yeah, wrong because not confirmed. 
All that is: 8C/16T Zen2, NAVI based GPU. That's it.

 

Look, they have the PS4 PRO.

Do you think that the PS5 will have less power or even just being equal to PS4 PRO?

So that is the baseline that gets to be beaten...

Meaning probably more than 2048 Shaders...

 

My guess would be around 3072 as that's almost double the Shaders of the PS4 PRO + a slight increase such as 1,5GHz Clockrate (instead of 911MHz)...

 

The PS4 had GDDR5, 4 was EOL for years at that time. The XBox had DDR3...

But GDDR6 is more probable. There are some rumors with 8GiB HBM2 + 16GiB GDDR6, but I don't believe it.

Nope, at that time SGRAM wasn't that prominent and it was just normal Standard DDR-SDRAM

 

It already is. There are Games that allow Consoles and PC Players to play together.


The first one was Final Fantasy XIV, that allowed that on Playstation 3. And there might even have been many more PS3 Games that allowed that.

Sony just didn't allow it for the PS4 but only to XBox, not PC. That was _ALWAY_ Possible and never closed.

Since somewhere last year, they even allow that as well.

Microsoft were the ones who didn't allow Cross Plattform Play with the 360 by the way. They were the ones who introduced most of the bad stuff - like paying for online Play.

And even today, you have to have Live Gold for Free to play Online games. You don't on Playstation and PC.

I haven't tried Switch (yet) though...

 

Think you need to what this video.

Everything I look into is reliable information with research I take from news articles and best real facts information from the day. I always check the release date on YouTube and never go to a channel that is giving fake information as it is fake news. 

I also look to this site for information as well making sure that all the information is correct and contacting the site admin to valiy the information.

https://www.ps5playstation5.com/specs/

 

Where you said the ps4 pro is crose platform ready, i never said it in the ps4 pro wasnt. contradiction lead to assuming and trying to act like the master of information doesn't make you look good. I would like to state that I used the word "speculation" as i speculated that this might be true or not fact and in the video it does say 2020 for the console release.

 

On the site also it does say the following:

  • "CPU: 8 core/16 threads at 3.2Ghz with a Zen2 architecture
  • GPU: Navi-based with AMD next-gen features at 12.6 to 14.2 teraflops
  • Memory: 24GB total with 20GB GDDR6 at 880GB/S and 4GB DDR4 for the operating system
  • 2 TB SSD"

I would like to show you these images.20190605_012730.thumb.jpg.a42eb1ff1d8805a30fae9142d40166bf.jpg

Yep I'm sure I have a PlayStation and pc.

 

Including about final fantasy XIV FOR ps3 as I owned it. I know you may know that it was on the ps4 and the last final fantasy went well in my eyes. How that lead to you argument about the ps5 confused me as this is about specs and not games.

 

As for the specs with the Xbox 1 rethink what you said as the SGRAM you clam to say is in the hardware. It was DDR3 at 8gb.

Link to the specs of the xbox 1 hardware in the following:

https://uk.ign.com/wikis/xbox-one/Xbox_One_Hardware_Specs

And yes I know that the cpu and a gpu are in the xbox 1 and I didn't list the specs for the xbox one as it had no relevance to the thread. 

 

The PlayStation 4 spec did have GDDR5 thanking you for correcting me but look at the specs for the standard and the pro in the following links.

https://uk.ign.com/wikis/playstation-4/PlayStation_4_Hardware_Specs

https://www.cnet.com/products/sony-playstation-4-pro/specs/

You said SGRAM. However, on this site it specs for the ram is GDDR5 SDRAM. Including I didn't explaining that it was or wasn't crose platform ready where the cores was at 8/8 threads. Where the xbox 1 pro compared to the ps4 pro is 0.2 ghz more then the ps4 pro.

https://www.cnet.com/news/xbox-one-x-vs-ps4-pro/

The xbox 1 pro was able to do crose platform as the specs were better. The ps4 didn't do crose platform as it wasn't announced at E3 or anywhere and it wasn't made for crose platforming as the ps5 was in development only when the ps4 pro was release.

 

Also I never said that the ps5 wasn't less powerful however, I think it more powerful then it proasessor and even more so with the ps5 pro. What made you think that is just unreal to me. Your answer to your ghz to mhz is listed on the specs webpage. 

 

You don't have a ps4 by the looks of it, as the ps+ gives you free games for all ps+ members and this was explained on the E3 Sony ps4 announcement and at PlayStation live stream event. 

 


Thunder87

CPU: intel i5-4690k overclocked 4.2ghz MOBO: ASUS Z97 Sabertooth Mark 2  RAM: 16Gb of DDR3 Hyper-x Fury GPU: 2 x MSI Geforce GTX 970 O.C. (S.L.I. connected) CASE: AnTec 1200 Case STGE: SSD 350Gb, Green HHD 1TB PSU: Corsair |TX650|, DSP: ASUS 24" Wide Screen Monitor and Samsung 22" WATERBLOCK: Corsair H80i KBD: Corsair K30 MOUSE: R.A.T 3 SPKR: LogiTech 5.1 Surround Sound Speakers Z506, Corsair 7.1 Surround Headphones Wireless OS: Windows 10 Professional

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Thunder87 said:

Think you need to what this video.

No, I won't.

I don't give a damn about anything that doesn't come from official sources.

And that is what Cerny has said and was presented in some circles.

There is the Playstation Presentation about Loading SPeed. 

 

And that's all we really know:

- rediculously fast SSD. Possibly/probably PCie 4.0 SSD as Cerny said its faster than anything seen today

- 8C/16T Zen2 based CPU Part

- NAVI GPU Part.

ANYTHING ELSE IS SPECULATION!!

There is no truth to it!

 

but its safe to assume that the GPU will be much much faster than Playstation 4 PRO or XBoner and that there will be more memory.

So 12GiB is the lowest end -> 16GiB is the bare minimum, total 24-32GiB.

 

1 hour ago, Thunder87 said:

On the site also it does say the following:

  • "CPU: 8 core/16 threads at 3.2Ghz with a Zen2 architecture
  • GPU: Navi-based with AMD next-gen features at 12.6 to 14.2 teraflops
  • Memory: 24GB total with 20GB GDDR6 at 880GB/S and 4GB DDR4 for the operating system
  • 2 TB SSD"

Yeah, no. That's total bullshit without any hard evidence.

The only thing that is safe is is NAVI Based GPU, 8C/16T CPU. And a "crazy fast SSD". That's it.

Everything else is Speculation. 

Its more probable that they use GDDR6 for various reasons. HBM is just too expensive.

 

1 hour ago, Thunder87 said:

I would like to show you these images.

Yep I'm sure I have a PlayStation and pc.

And?
I have PS2, 3, 4 XBox 360, One X, Nintendo Gamecube, WiiU, a new new 3DS XL and the Switch.
And also a couple of PCs...

 

Still I don't believe anything not from official sources. We can speculate but we should mention that.
There are not much facts about PS5, especially since we don't even have NAVI Desktop.

 

We need Navi desktop however to give an educated guess.

A 128bit (or 256bit) SI Card with 2048 Shader would be awesome.

That can be compared to Tahiti, Tonga and Polaris.

1 hour ago, Thunder87 said:

As for the specs with the Xbox 1 rethink what you said as the SGRAM you clam to say is in the hardware. It was DDR3 at 8gb.

Link to the specs of the xbox 1 hardware in the following:

https://uk.ign.com/wikis/xbox-one/Xbox_One_Hardware_Specs

And yes I know that the cpu and a gpu are in the xbox 1 and I didn't list the specs for the xbox one as it had no relevance to the thread. 

I was talking about the Original XBox, not the new 2013 Version.

The XBox One (sucessor to the 360) had just normal DDR3-SDRAM.

 

Though I'd scrapped that one and made the slim based on the one X SOC with GDDR5...

 

1 hour ago, Thunder87 said:

You said SGRAM. However, on this site it specs for the ram is GDDR5 SDRAM.

Yeah, SGRAM as in Synchroneous Graphics RAM. 

The kind that usually came in a QFP Package, before BGA was common. Though it seems the Wikipedia Article is wrong and the XBox, with the Intel/nVIdia Chips, indeed used 64MiB SGRAM and not SDRAM wich is claimed by Wikipedia...

 

And Micron calles it:

GDDR5 SGRAM MT51J256M32 – 16 Meg x 32 I/O x 16 banks, 32 Meg x 16 I/O x 16 banks

 

Well, SGRAM means Synchroneous Graphics RAM....

 

1 hour ago, Thunder87 said:

The xbox 1 pro was able to do crose platform as the specs were better.

1) its "CROSS PLATTFORM"

2) no, there was no Xbox 1 PRO. ITs XBox One X.

3) that has nothing to do with it. It was a policy decision from Sony.

Though personally, in Shooter, I'd close it off as well or ask the Developers to do it - Controller Players vs. Mouse/Keyboard Players. What System theyre on is irrelevant. 

 

1 hour ago, Thunder87 said:

The ps4 didn't do crose platform as it wasn't announced at E3 or anywhere and it wasn't made for crose platforming as the ps5 was in development only when the ps4 pro was release.

It did. And there were some PC-PS4 Games as well. Though PS4 <-> XBox was the Problem. or rather what they didn't allow at the time.

 

1 hour ago, Thunder87 said:

Check the the videos online

I don't give a damn what other people speculate. And its exactly that:
SPECULATION

And who cares if its one Chip or three?? AMD will deliver it...

 

1 hour ago, Thunder87 said:

and there is still take about a apu and cpu the gpu is going to navi gpu (in the list specs)

Yes, and?
What difference does it make if it looks like this:

http://xhoba.x86-guide.com/en/collection_divers/Xbox-360-GPU-ATI--X02056-Xenos-cpu-no9.html

 

or that:

https://www.anandtech.com/show/13829/amd-ryzen-3rd-generation-zen-2-pcie-4-eight-core

 

 


"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Stefan Payne said:

No, I won't.

I don't give a damn about anything that doesn't come from official sources.

And that is what Cerny has said and was presented in some circles.

There is the Playstation Presentation about Loading SPeed. 

 

And that's all we really know:

- rediculously fast SSD. Possibly/probably PCie 4.0 SSD as Cerny said its faster than anything seen today

- 8C/16T Zen2 based CPU Part

- NAVI GPU Part.

ANYTHING ELSE IS SPECULATION!!

There is no truth to it!

 

but its safe to assume that the GPU will be much much faster than Playstation 4 PRO or XBoner and that there will be more memory.

So 12GiB is the lowest end -> 16GiB is the bare minimum, total 24-32GiB.

 

Yeah, no. That's total bullshit without any hard evidence.

The only thing that is safe is is NAVI Based GPU, 8C/16T CPU. And a "crazy fast SSD". That's it.

Everything else is Speculation. 

Its more probable that they use GDDR6 for various reasons. HBM is just too expensive.

 

And?
I have PS2, 3, 4 XBox 360, One X, Nintendo Gamecube, WiiU, a new new 3DS XL and the Switch.
And also a couple of PCs...

 

Still I don't believe anything not from official sources. We can speculate but we should mention that.
There are not much facts about PS5, especially since we don't even have NAVI Desktop.

 

We need Navi desktop however to give an educated guess.

A 128bit (or 256bit) SI Card with 2048 Shader would be awesome.

That can be compared to Tahiti, Tonga and Polaris.

I was talking about the Original XBox, not the new 2013 Version.

The XBox One (sucessor to the 360) had just normal DDR3-SDRAM.

 

Though I'd scrapped that one and made the slim based on the one X SOC with GDDR5...

 

Yeah, SGRAM as in Synchroneous Graphics RAM. 

The kind that usually came in a QFP Package, before BGA was common. Though it seems the Wikipedia Article is wrong and the XBox, with the Intel/nVIdia Chips, indeed used 64MiB SGRAM and not SDRAM wich is claimed by Wikipedia...

 

And Micron calles it:

GDDR5 SGRAM MT51J256M32 – 16 Meg x 32 I/O x 16 banks, 32 Meg x 16 I/O x 16 banks

 

Well, SGRAM means Synchroneous Graphics RAM....

 

1) its "CROSS PLATTFORM"

2) no, there was no Xbox 1 PRO. ITs XBox One X.

3) that has nothing to do with it. It was a policy decision from Sony.

Though personally, in Shooter, I'd close it off as well or ask the Developers to do it - Controller Players vs. Mouse/Keyboard Players. What System theyre on is irrelevant. 

 

It did. And there were some PC-PS4 Games as well. Though PS4 <-> XBox was the Problem. or rather what they didn't allow at the time.

 

I don't give a damn what other people speculate. And its exactly that:
SPECULATION

And who cares if its one Chip or three?? AMD will deliver it...

 

Yes, and?
What difference does it make if it looks like this:

http://xhoba.x86-guide.com/en/collection_divers/Xbox-360-GPU-ATI--X02056-Xenos-cpu-no9.html

 

or that:

https://www.anandtech.com/show/13829/amd-ryzen-3rd-generation-zen-2-pcie-4-eight-core

 

 

👌


Thunder87

CPU: intel i5-4690k overclocked 4.2ghz MOBO: ASUS Z97 Sabertooth Mark 2  RAM: 16Gb of DDR3 Hyper-x Fury GPU: 2 x MSI Geforce GTX 970 O.C. (S.L.I. connected) CASE: AnTec 1200 Case STGE: SSD 350Gb, Green HHD 1TB PSU: Corsair |TX650|, DSP: ASUS 24" Wide Screen Monitor and Samsung 22" WATERBLOCK: Corsair H80i KBD: Corsair K30 MOUSE: R.A.T 3 SPKR: LogiTech 5.1 Surround Sound Speakers Z506, Corsair 7.1 Surround Headphones Wireless OS: Windows 10 Professional

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×