ps5 specs

G_K

some YouTube videos about the ps5 have been coming up on the YouTube feature page has the ps5 specs actually been leaked and if so can someone get proof

ps5.jpg

Specs:

CPU: buy a PC

GPU: buy a computer

Ram: buy a PC instead

Storage: still, buy a PC

Price: get a PC

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

1 minute ago, Enderman said:

Specs:

CPU: got both 

GPU: got both 

Ram: got both 

Storage: still, got both 

Price: i can afford both smart ass

The spec rumors seemed to come from Michael Pachter, an industry analyst. However consider he said this:

” I think there will be a streaming device, like a $100 Xbox console that doesn’t run in 4K or 240 frames per second. And then I think there will be a more expensive $400 console that supports 4K, 240 FPS, virtual reality. I don’t know if there will be ‘models’. I don’t think you’re going to get completely different devices,” Patcher said.

Makes me roll my eyes. Well, at least the 240 FPS part (I don't think it's 4K 240 FPS, but just 240 FPS period).

6 hours ago, Brandon Knibbs said:

some YouTube videos about the ps5 have been coming up on the YouTube feature page has the ps5 specs actually been leaked and if so can someone get proof

Nobody has proof at this time to my knowledge.

Its just the usual tech Clickbait stuff.

What we know is that the GPU is based on the upcoming AMD Navi Architecture.

What we know is that the CPU is based on the upcoming AMD Zen 2 architecture.

Bot might or might not be released between next tuesday and next saturday.

So that is known.

What is not known:

• Number of Cores
  • Frequency of the CPU
  • Number of Cores of the GPU
  • How good the GPU actually is.
  • Memory Technology (ie HBM or GDDR5 or GDDR6)
  • Amound of Memory (8-64GiB)
  • the non violating storage (SSD? still HDD?? Integrated flash??)
  • The way the games are delivered. DO they use Bluray, do they switch back to Cartdridges?

So in short its just taking educated guesses.

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

20 minutes ago, KardelSharpeye said:

I think console time is over. Now days it's easier to find information to build computer. Everyone can build computer. We can build gaming computer in Mini ITX form factor so would be portable enough to take computer while traveling with car. 

Games are cheaper in Steam. Even basic games are 60$ in consoles. Over 5-6 years of using console people spend a lot of money to games, paying full price of a game for games that are really bad, basic and not really enjoying to play. If RDR2, GOW, SpiderMan costs 60$, games like Fifa, Just Cause 4 (Which is same game as JC 3 and JC 2), NBA, NFL and many games should cost around 30-40$

With gaming computer no need to buy separate computer for work or other things. I guess it's not good idea to pay 500$ for console and pay 500$ for computer. For 750$ can build really good computer that can play games and do office work.

Oh good sir, on the contrary! I think the time of PCs is over! It's easier than ever to buy a console, everyone can buy a console. They can be bought when you fetch some milk for your morning cereal, and they come in boxes that are superb for travelling using any method whatsoever.

Games are more appreciable on consoles. Each sale silly PCsts pour more and more money into "cheap games" they'll never play. Steam keeps pushing the addiction, rewarding users for the amount of games, and nothing for completing them (instead Steam makes you spend even more money to complete your badge). Oh my Cthulhu, that's some bad practice! Only good reason to buy a console are the yearly sports games, because those are very, very distinct each year, and in no way repetitive and absolutely worthless a month or two after their release.

With gaming console no need to upgrade expensive parts every six months just to make Lemmings run. I guess it's not good idea to pay £4000 for PC to fill some spreadsheets in 4K, when you can get a job for that, and pay under $200 for a machine that's actually fun to play games on.

/s

18 hours ago, Mira Yurizaki said:

The spec rumors seemed to come from Michael Pachter, an industry analyst. However consider he said this:

Makes me roll my eyes. Well, at least the 240 FPS part (I don't think it's 4K 240 FPS, but just 240 FPS period).

You don't think PS5 will have a 9GHz i7 in it?

2 minutes ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

Well, Sony hasn't achieved a liftoff despite of their best efforts so far, so a 9GHz i7 definitely sounds like something they might try next. In a 2cm thick slab of course.

1 hour ago, KardelSharpeye said:

I think console time is over. Now days it's easier to find information to build computer. Everyone can build computer. We can build gaming computer in Mini ITX form factor so would be portable enough to take computer while traveling with car. 

Games are cheaper in Steam. Even basic games are 60$ in consoles. Over 5-6 years of using console people spend a lot of money to games, paying full price of a game for games that are really bad, basic and not really enjoying to play. If RDR2, GOW, SpiderMan costs 60$, games like Fifa, Just Cause 4 (Which is same game as JC 3 and JC 2), NBA, NFL and many games should cost around 30-40$

With gaming computer no need to buy separate computer for work or other things. I guess it's not good idea to pay 500$ for console and pay 500$ for computer. For 750$ can build really good computer that can play games and do office work.

Nonsense. The only console where games stay $60 is Switch. On PS4 and XB1 game prices drop quick. God of War cost me $22 on PSN (and was as low as $17 on Black Friday). Horizon Zero Dawn with all the DLC was available for $10 at Black Friday and is $14 right now on PSN. Spiderman is $40 right now at Target and will be $30 soon enough. The only two games I have seen hold $60 price tags long on PS4 are Red Dead Redemption 2  and Persona 5 (though P5 is regularly available for $30 now).

1 minute ago, KardelSharpeye said:

I can't wait that much for price drop. I am a bit hardcore gamer.

So what, big AAA games launch at $30 on Steam?

8 minutes ago, KardelSharpeye said:

As you see on top I said even basic games costs 60$ in consoles.

Games like 428 Shibuya Scramble, Ar Nosurge, Asterix & Obelix, Dark math, Dead or Alive 5, Demon Gaze 2, Ghostbusters, GodWars future past costs 60$. These all are shitty games that should be 20-30$.

Way to cherry pick a grab bag of crap, especially games like Ar Nosurge that are long out of print. I showed you the games people want to play on PS4 are for sale for great prices.

44 minutes ago, KardelSharpeye said:

This is what I wrote before.

Games are cheaper in Steam. Even basic games are 60$ in consoles.

I guess now you understand it. These games are basic like phone games, like windows app store games, like most of nintendo games and they charge 60$ for these.

You can't tell to people which games to play. These are in store. Mostly console guys never do a research for a game or read the review. They just spend 60$ for a crap game.

I understand that you're really uniformed with your console games are so expensive shtick. I buy smaller non AAA games for $2 to $6 all the time off PSN and older used games for $5 to $10 all the time from Gamestop, flea markets, pawn shops, etc. I don't know why PC gamers think they're the only ones whose platform has good sales and that people only pay $60 for PS4/XB1 games. Just take the L already.

1 hour ago, KardelSharpeye said:

This is what I wrote before.

Games are cheaper in Steam. Even basic games are 60$ in consoles.

I guess now you understand it. These games are basic like phone games, like windows app store games, like most of nintendo games and they charge 60$ for these.

You can't tell to people which games to play. These are in store. Mostly console guys never do a research for a game or read the review. They just spend 60$ for a crap game.

I know this'll shock you, so please sit down, but consoles have regular sales too. Additionally, the second hand market for discs work rather well as well. While PCs have dropped optical disks and thereby resale value of games for the most part, used $5 disc games are still very much a thing on consoles.

I understand how confusing looking at the console world can be, the fear of cost is what has kept me from expanding to PS4, but once you're in, follow the news and understand what's available on your platform. It's crazy cheap, especially if you pick a sub $200 Xbox. Yo dawg nah, we don't have Steam, bro, pero we haves one store (instead of 84 publisher stores) and dude, sales come every one fifth of an blink of an eye. We good yo!

19 hours ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

I've checked Steam in the past during a AAA launch and found the games were the same $60 price as on console. Can you give me some specific examples?

20 hours ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

No, because Sony works with AMD and it is (almost??) Certain, that it will have a NAVI GPU and AMD is in front of Intel right now with 7nm...

Anyway, I expect something with 3,5GHz or so..

Though its also possible that Sony goes allout and goes with 4,5GHz but rather improbable...

20 hours ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

Yakuza...

The first game was coming for 19,99€ on steam while the PS4 game still cost like 54,99€ or so...

Sometimes Games are more expensive on PS4, like 4 Goddess Online and Shining Resonance.

But mostly the bigger productions are the same price on both systems.

31 minutes ago, Kawaii Koneko said:

I've checked Steam in the past during a AAA launch and found the games were the same $60 price as on console. Can you give me some specific examples?

Assasin's creed Odyssey, Shadow of the Tomb Raider.

All are 10€ more in the Playstation Online shop HOWEVER Retail prices are usually lower than the Online prices. For example: God of War. It was ~60€ locally, 70€ online.

I'm only talking about the Standard Edition without anything, not the ultra expensive Premium Editions (ie Croft Edition for 100€).

44 minutes ago, Stefan Payne said:

Yakuza...

The first game was coming for 19,99€ on steam while the PS4 game still cost like 54,99€ or so...

Yakuza 0 on PS4 has been $19.99 MSRP for months now in the US. Since before the PC version launched.

1 hour ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

Yakuza 0 on PS4 has been $19.99 MSRP for months now in the US. Since before the PC version launched.

I remember the "Preorder" time of Yakuza 0, wich was under 20€ or so on Steam (IIRC the usual 10% Preorder rebate or even more) while it remained at the old, high price on PSN.

Anyway:
The thing where console can shine is innovating input devices.

Nintendo does that well.

Sony is OK too, though a bit behind Nintendo.

And both have unique features, the shakey Joycons with all that shit integrated, motion controls since Wii or WiiU and Sony also has Motion Controls since the Playstation 3. And a small touchpad...

That is not possible on the PC!

And will never really happen and if, it takes hundreds of years to do.

Been there, done that...

• 2 months later...

Yes, here I necro again, but AFAIK it's relevant:

1. AMD's upcoming "Arcturus" architecture (in addition to Navi) could be a candidate for upcoming XBOXs and Playstations.3mxH81xQvyyVM3CP.jpghttps://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=AMD-Radeon-Arcturus
  2. Apaptive Shading support in upcoming consoles: Adaptive shadinghttps://www.pcgamesn.com/amd/amd-variable-rate-shading-patent-navi-next-gen-consoles
  3. The following images & Reddit posts says it all:Xbox Scarlet 'leak'https://www.pcgamesn.com/amd/next-gen-microsoft-xbox-sony-playstation-consoles-more-pc-than-ever
  • PSX "Scarlett" APU performance details (and if not, for a high-end Zen gaming/workstation CPU with an integrated graphics?)
  • 8 Cores (with hyperthreading?)
  • 16 or 24 threads?
  • Max Clock Speed: 3.301Ghz
  • L3 Cache: 32MB
  • L4 Cache: 1GB
  • 802.11ax WiFi support
  • HDMI 2.0 support
  • "Arcturus12" GPU = 12nm transistor node? (or if like "Vega VII" = Vega v2.0 it could be 7nm, but a codename for "Arcturus v1.2")
  • Max GPU Core Clock: 1400Mhz
  • Max VRAM Clock: 1650Mhz
  • Included VRAM: 22GB
  • GPU rendering hardware configuration: 64CU/64ROPs?/256TMUs?/4096 Shaders

https://www.pcgamesn.com/amd/amd-next-gen-zen-navi-console-chip-playstation-5

LNH9-Fzj?format=jpg&name=600x314

https://gearnuke.com/ps5-hardware-specs-leaked-amd-custom-silicon/

Hope this helps the HYPE! ;)

Just some thoughts on it.

This is just me being whiny. Noticed one of the article titles about how consoles are becoming "more like PCs" and I'm thinking... Why does it matter? 

Not sure if simultaneous mulit-threading will be a thing considering it can make performance more variable. Though the Xbox 360's CPU and the main processor core on the PS3's CPU had SMT. 

On 3/10/2019 at 4:54 AM, Mira Yurizaki said:

This is just me being whiny. Noticed one of the article titles about how consoles are becoming "more like PCs" and I'm thinking... Why does it matter? 

Exactly.

And its not that true. THe PS4 does some weird shit with the ARM SOC and the AMD APU.

So basically the ARM is the I/O Processor that probably also does some encryption.

Not sure if simultaneous mulit-threading will be a thing considering it can make performance more variable. Though the Xbox 360's CPU and the main processor core on the PS3's CPU had SMT. 

It might be configurable for the Software. Due to the Architecture, SONY can on the fly switch some hardware things on/off.

But on AMD its not that big of a Problem due to their architecture.

Its not real Hyper Threading like on the Netburst architecture where its used to hide some holes in the pipeline...

On 3/10/2019 at 4:31 AM, Results45 said:

Yes, here I necro again, but AFAIK it's relevant:

1. AMD's upcoming "Arcturus" architecture (in addition to Navi) could be a candidate for upcoming XBOXs and Playstations.

No, its too late.

They need a couple of Months to bake that into silicone, test it, ship it to Developers as Devkits and so on.

So its navi. Arcturus is too late.

Though some Arcturus Features are probable.

PS: while writing this I was firing up the XBox One X again...

And it also gave me a slap in the face as it was updating - for like 15min or so...

On 3/9/2019 at 7:54 PM, Mira Yurizaki said:

Just some thoughts on it.

Well consoles released in the US are always going to fall in the "midrange" equivalent of gaming PCs (GPU performance wise), but it's not like Microsoft or Sony are going to ship devices with stock Windows or anything.

But then from China.......

Spoiler

didnt realise the ps4 is soo outdated, and I am yet interested in one game so far.... sen no kiseki

so what is the specs to run ps5 emu....in 8 yrs maybe

save yourself the disappointment and buy a pc

(◣_◢) Ryzen 5 3600,   Aorus X370 K7,   XPG 16GB 3200,   Gigabyte 2070 Windforce Corsair RM650x,   LG 32GK650F-B 31.5" 144Hz QHD FreeSync VA,   Kingston 120GB SSD,   Samsung 1TB 860 QVO,   2TB HDD,   Fractal Design Meshify C,   Corsair K63 Wireless,   Corsair Gaming M65 PRO,   Audio Technica ATH M50x,   Windows 10 ProCorsair H100x 240mm.  (◣_◢)

(◣_◢) Ryzen 5 1600,   Noctua NH-L12S,   Gigabyte GTX 1060 6G,   ASUS Prime B350 Plus,   HyperX Fury 8GB DDR4 (2666MHz - 1.3v),   SilverStone ET550-B,   Kingston 120GB SSD 2TB HDD,   Cougar MX330,   Windows 10 Pro.  (◣_◢)

• 2 weeks later...

Zen 2 + Navi is definitely the way both consoles are going to go.

That's great since with how well console games typically get optimized, I think native 4k60 is possible. It won't be on high settings, but I wouldn't be surprised if the Navi they drop in the PS5 can pump out Vega 64/gtx 1080~ performance.

It would need to if it wants to feel like a real upgrade over the xbox one x / PS4 Pro.

Desktop:

AMD Ryzen 7 @ 3.9ghz 1.35v w/ Noctua NH-D15 SE AM4 Edition

ASUS STRIX X370-F GAMING Motherboard

ASUS STRIX Radeon RX 5700XT

Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x 8GB) DDR4 3200

Samsung 960 EVO 500GB NVME

2x4TB Seagate Barracuda HDDs

Corsair RM850X

Be Quiet Silent Base 800

Elgato HD60 Pro

Sceptre C305B-200UN Ultra Wide 2560x1080 200hz Monitor

Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum Keyboard