Naga 2014, Imperator 4G or Deathadder (newest)

Arwinnd
Go to solution Solved by maxvons,

Taipan or Rival?

Rival.

The G400s design is pretty unique and exclusive to Logitech and you either like it or hate it now days. back in the day that was their signature design on a good position of their mice but compared to many mic today the grip is a bit awkward.

Also mouse decision is not all about the sensor, the good thing though is that there are more and more mice coming out now with more and more advanced optical sensors. So you should soon be able to find a variety of styles all with 100% optimal sensors. Right now most of these mice are just standard ~5 buttons or so and come in limited designs most being palm or fingertip but the only real ergonomic palm is the Deathadder. Well I guess there is the G602 which I use but that just came relatively recently. The new mice from Roccat and Mionix should shake things up a bit.

I find the Deathadder very uncomfortable for palm grip. A hybrid fingertip/palm grip with the G400s is IMO more comfortable.

Case: Fractal Design R4  Motherboard: Asus Z87-Plus  Processor: Intel i7 4770K  GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X  RAM: Corsair Vengenace Pro 16GB  PSU: Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 10 750W  SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB   Monitor(s): LG 24GM77  Keyboard: Logitech G410  Mouse: Zowie EC1-A  Mousepad: Puretrak Talent White Ed.  Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud II

I find the Deathadder very uncomfortable for palm grip. A hybrid fingertip/palm grip with the G400s is IMO more comfortable.

Well the Deathadder is revered as one of the most comfortable and ergonomic palm grip mice. In my opinion its the only thing that gives a G700s a run for its money. From you describing your grip its likely your grip that is causing the deathadder to be uncomfortable. But your pone example as to who the G400s is still around and nearly completely unchanged since the MX518, which BTW im not saying is a bad thing.

Well the Deathadder is revered as one of the most comfortable and ergonomic palm grip mice. In my opinion its the only thing that gives a G700s a run for its money. From you describing your grip its likely your grip that is causing the deathadder to be uncomfortable. But your pone example as to who the G400s is still around and nearly completely unchanged since the MX518, which BTW im not saying is a bad thing.

For me deathadder is not ergonomic in some cases i find it really hard to use and lift. right side of DA is not how it suppose to be. It is slippery and angled that, your fingers slides off the mouse. Also i find materials of DA 2013 to be awful. 

Btw have you tried imperator? I know that sensor might be not really good coz its laser and Philips but its shape prevents me from buying something else its that good. 

For me deathadder is not ergonomic in some cases i find it really hard to use and lift. right side of DA is not how it suppose to be. It is slippery and angled that, your fingers slides off the mouse. Also i find materials of DA 2013 to be awful.

I find the opposite and think the 2013 is quite high quality compared to the 3.5G.

I find the opposite and think the 2013 is quite high quality compared to the 3.5G.

Can you take picture of how do you hold da? Coz i cant imagine that is comfy.

Can you take picture of how do you hold da? Coz i cant imagine that is comfy.

Sure ill see what I can do but I just take my hand and rest it on the whole mouse just like any other palm mouse.

Here is a pic I did for someone on the SteelSeries Rival which has a very similar shape to the DA but is bigger (longer to be exact). They wanted to see how it fit my hand since I said a DA fit my hand perfect and they said it was considerably too small for them.

IMG_8214.jpg

God and i was nearly ready to buy rival, then u say its similar in shape to DA...  :huh:

God and i was nearly ready to buy rival, then u say its similar in shape to DA...  :huh:

Yes, very similar as its SteelSeries's competition to the DA and the first good product in a while in my opinion. Its slightly skinnier in the front, slightly taller, considerably longer in mouse terms, and has a fatter ass. Due to these changes its less ergonomic but that understandable because it meant to fit a bigger hand but still have a average size hand fit comfortably but its by no means uncomfortable. I quite like the design and the addition of one more button which by default is set to DPI toggle, even though its not in a optimal position in my opinion, sets it apart from the DA a bit more in a good way.

Yes, very similar as its SteelSeries's competition to the DA and the first good product in a while in my opinion. Its slightly skinnier in the front, slightly taller, considerably longer in mouse terms, and has a fatter ass. Due to these changes its less ergonomic but that understandable because it meant to fit a bigger hand but still have a average size hand fit comfortably but its by no means uncomfortable. I quite like the design and the addition of one more button which by default is set to DPI toggle, even though its not in a optimal position in my opinion, sets it apart from the DA a bit more in a good way.

But da has that shape that slips out of my hand so it suck for me.

But da has that shape that slips out of my hand so it suck for me.

Well ill see if i can get yo u pics of how I hold it better but im pretty sure I have bog standard palm grip since nearly every palm grip mouse fits my hand nearly perfectly. If i may as how does it slip out of you hand?

Well ill see if i can get yo u pics of how I hold it better but im pretty sure I have bog standard palm grip since nearly every palm grip mouse fits my hand nearly perfectly. If i may as how does it slip out of you hand?

mwfj1j.jpg

Do you understand now?

Just looook eaat it 

This

razer-deathadder-gallery-1.png
VS 

THIS
razer-imperator-gallery-3.png
you see that valley for ring finger on imperator? There is nothing to hold on on DA. 

Same here, ring finger holder and rubber grip for pinky DA sucks with this 
razer-naga-2014-left-05.png

*snips*

Do you understand now?

Well that is kinda interesting but the main reason I was asking was that the DA doesnt slip out of my hand when I pick it up, the rubber rips on the sides really help with that even more though. I have a feeling that most people dont have a problem with it especially on the 2013 where they added the rubber grips instead of the glossy plastic on the 3.5G. So my guess is that it has more to do it your grip than the mouse, please note this is not a problem or anything its just means that the DA and mice like wont be a good fit for you.

Just looook eaat it 

*snip*

you see that valley for ring finger on imperator? There is nothing to hold on on DA.

You dont have to be that way man I was not being in any way like that to you.

your right there isnt and i have never see another mouse with anything like that ever and i have quite a few.

That looks very close to the Naga 2014's right side but not exactly, the scroll wheel is also the same as the Ourboros. Which mouse is that, because its not the DA 2013.

Well that is kinda interesting but the main reason I was asking was that the DA doesnt slip out of my hand when I pick it up, the rubber rips on the sides really help with that even more though. I have a feeling that most people dont have a problem with it especially on the 2013 where they added the rubber grips instead of the glossy plastic on the 3.5G. So my guess is that it has more to do it your grip than the mouse, please note this is not a problem or anything its just means that the DA and mice like wont be a good fit for you.

You dont have to be that way man I was not being in any way like that to you.

your right there isnt and i have never see another mouse with anything like that ever and i have quite a few.

That looks very close to the Naga 2014's right side but not exactly, the scroll wheel is also the same as the Ourboros. Which mouse is that, because its not the DA 2013.

It is Naga2014... i was saying it is better. 

It is Naga2014... i was saying it is better.

Where did you get that pic from because my Naga 2014 is slightly different than that.

So your saying just having a place to rest your ring finger makes it easier to pick up? I personally think the opposite as that finger really doing much gripping, especially inwards on the mouse which is whats needed to pick it up. If you like that sort of thing check out the Mionix Naos which basically has the same body as the SteelSeries Ikari and has that sort of ledge. They just launched the new 7000 which has the latest optical sensor so it should be quite good. It is on my list of ones to pick up along with the new Roccat models.

Where did you get that pic from because my Naga 2014 is slightly different than that.

So your saying just having a place to rest your ring finger makes it easier to pick up? I personally think the opposite as that finger really doing much gripping, especially inwards on the mouse which is whats needed to pick it up. If you like that sort of thing check out the Mionix Naos which basically has the same body as the SteelSeries Ikari and has that sort of ledge. They just launched the new 7000 which has the latest optical sensor so it should be quite good. It is on my list of ones to pick up along with the new Roccat models.

Ridge where i hold ring finger prevents my pinky finger from slipping out, and in that way mouse is in my hand without even trying to squeeze it. 

Ridge where i hold ring finger prevents my pinky finger from slipping out, and in that way mouse is in my hand without even trying to squeeze it.

There really isnt such a ridge on the naga 2014, at least the one I have, even though it looks like it would in the picture. i dont really squeeze or grip the mouse. If I do do it i dont do it hard and do it unconsciously, either way your going to have trouble finding another mouse like the impredator as I have not seen anything like that before. Also how do you deal with that "4G sensor" which believe is the phillips twin eye as that is the only sensor that I have really ever had issues with and no liked.

There really isnt such a ridge on the naga 2014, at least the one I have, even though it looks like it would in the picture. i dont really squeeze or grip the mouse. If I do do it i dont do it hard and do it unconsciously, either way your going to have trouble finding another mouse like the impredator as I have not seen anything like that before. Also how do you deal with that "4G sensor" which believe is the phillips twin eye as that is the only sensor that I have really ever had issues with and no liked.

It is 3.5 G version. And now im just discovering that there are mouses that are more accurate than mine is ( before i was focusing only on the shape ). I see no problems with that sensor. For example here are my battlereports of BF4 Played on Imperator

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/battlereport/show/1/416703879973309760/291489868/

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/battlereport/show/1/408317054196182272/291489868/

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/battlereport/show/1/413453211958180160/291489868/

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/battlereport/show/1/413762931315973504/291489868/

and this is my profile overview 

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/soldier/1nterfector/stats/291489868/pc/

This is how my Imperator clicker thingy looks like now :D 

2rhmg05.jpg

Its made of metal. 

It is 3.5 G version. And now im just discovering that there are mouses that are more accurate than mine is ( before i was focusing only on the shape ). I see no problems with that sensor. For example here are my battlereports of BF4 Played on Imperator

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/battlereport/show/1/416703879973309760/291489868/

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/battlereport/show/1/408317054196182272/291489868/

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/battlereport/show/1/413453211958180160/291489868/

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/battlereport/show/1/413762931315973504/291489868/

and this is my profile overview 

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/soldier/1nterfector/stats/291489868/pc/

This is how my Imperator clicker thingy looks like now :D 

2rhmg05.jpg

Its made of metal.

I am still more worried about shape, number of buttons, and layout of them far more than the sensor, that was just the one sensor I had issue with. I was quite happy when the revised version of the ouroborus came with the same sensor as the Naga 2014 and not the 4G one.

What did you manage to do break it?

I am still more worried about shape, number of buttons, and layout of them far more than the sensor, that was just the one sensor I had issue with. I was quite happy when the revised version of the ouroborus came with the same sensor as the Naga 2014 and not the 4G one.

What did you manage to do break it?

That plastic was indented and it made my mouse double click. I was repairing it many times, and some time it broke, and i did something from metal and glued it to this plastic leftover. And also i changed microswitch. I have that mouse for a long time. 

I don't know what to do. I think i would be better with good new mouse with good optical sensor, but this shape.... if they would do Imperator 6400 DPI with the same sensor which DA 2013 has.... it would be a dream come true. 

That's a Naga 2014 Left handed Ed....

Case: Fractal Design R4  Motherboard: Asus Z87-Plus  Processor: Intel i7 4770K  GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X  RAM: Corsair Vengenace Pro 16GB  PSU: Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 10 750W  SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB   Monitor(s): LG 24GM77  Keyboard: Logitech G410  Mouse: Zowie EC1-A  Mousepad: Puretrak Talent White Ed.  Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud II

That's a Naga 2014 Left handed Ed....

Ofcourse. Only one pic of this side was from left hand edition. 

I don't know what to do. I think i would be better with good new mouse with good optical sensor, but this shape.... if they would do Imperator 6400 DPI with the same sensor which DA 2013 has.... it would be a dream come true. 

I've told you countless times now. IF you want a mouse similar to the Imperator, but with a better sensor, and even more room for your ring finger. Get the Logitech G400s.