Naga 2014, Imperator 4G or Deathadder (newest)

Arwinnd
Go to solution Solved by maxvons,

Taipan or Rival?

Rival.

No it is not. Optical is much much better. You know nothing

Its evident that your the one who knows nothing. Laser is and has been more precise than Optical and that is widely acknowledged. 

YOU might not. but optical is better, its a fact

Laser is better, fact.  Stop spreading false information.

I love my DA, although I wish it had on the fly dpi switching, and the rubber grips will get sticky or slippery.

Its evident that your the one who knows nothing. Laser is and has been more precise than Optical and that is widely acknowledged. 

Laser is better, fact.  Stop spreading false information.

How is laser better than optical?

Case: Fractal Design R4  Motherboard: Asus Z87-Plus  Processor: Intel i7 4770K  GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X  RAM: Corsair Vengenace Pro 16GB  PSU: Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 10 750W  SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB   Monitor(s): LG 24GM77  Keyboard: Logitech G410  Mouse: Zowie EC1-A  Mousepad: Puretrak Talent White Ed.  Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud II

Well I've haven't used the deathadder but have had the last three generations of Naga's and absolutely LOVE them!

<p>Mobo - Asus P9X79 LE ----------- CPU - I7 4930K @ 4.4GHz ------ COOLER - Custom Loop ---------- GPU - R9 290X Crossfire ---------- Ram - 8GB Corsair Vengence Pro @ 1866 --- SSD - Samsung 840 Pro 128GB ------ PSU - Corsair AX 860i ----- Case - Corsair 900D

I've got now old imperator ( which i use for long time ) and new DA. I was thinking about returning DA. What can I do, to help me decide? 

I've got now old imperator ( which i use for long time ) and new DA. I was thinking about returning DA. What can I do, to help me decide? 

I would just use the Imperator, or maybe buy the Steelseries Rival. The Rival makes it so that your pinky and ring finger a bit more apart from each other, and not super close like on the DA.

Case: Fractal Design R4  Motherboard: Asus Z87-Plus  Processor: Intel i7 4770K  GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X  RAM: Corsair Vengenace Pro 16GB  PSU: Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 10 750W  SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB   Monitor(s): LG 24GM77  Keyboard: Logitech G410  Mouse: Zowie EC1-A  Mousepad: Puretrak Talent White Ed.  Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud II

I would just use the Imperator, or maybe buy the Steelseries Rival. The Rival makes it so that your pinky and ring finger a bit more apart from each other, and not super close like on the DA.

People are telling tales about how awesome sensor in DA 2013 is. How can I check if it's true? 

People are telling tales about how awesome sensor in DA 2013 is. How can I check if it's true? 

You could perform some tests. The sensor in the Rival is even better though.

I still don't know what to do...  :(

Just trust sources. The DA2K13 sensor is very good.

Just trust sources. The DA2K13 sensor is very good.

But what is better in it, than Imperator 3.5 G?

But what is better in it, than Imperator 3.5 G?

It has 0 acceleration and 0 prediction. The Imperator uses a laser sensor which suffers from at least some acceleration and maybe prediction.

It has 0 acceleration and 0 prediction. The Imperator uses a laser sensor which suffers from at least some acceleration and maybe prediction.

But what should i do, when i really like the shape of imperator? 

But what should i do, when i really like the shape of imperator? 

Just keep it? It's not that the sensor is bad. Even pro's play with mice that have flawed sensors... It's just that optical sensors are better on paper (most of them), but it really doesn't matter in the real world. You could check out some other mice from other brands with optical sensors though, and see if you like the shape of them better than your Imperator and the DA. Like the Logitech G400s, Steelseries Rival, Mionix Naos 7000, Mionix Avior 7000 etc. 

When i lift DA it slips out of my hand on the left side, and i really don't like this f... right side solution, where it is no ergonomic at all. 

When i lift DA it slips out of my hand on the left side, and i really don't like this f... right side solution, where it is no ergonomic at all. 

Then return it. Not everyone likes the DA. I like it, but it's too short for me because I like to palm and rest my fingers on the buttons. I think the G400s would be better for you, since it has a place to put your ring finger, and it has the same shape on the left side as the Imperator.

Deathadder 2013 for the win. That thing is a really nice mouse.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

I f... hate this, coz da has great sensor and i kind of feel it, but i can't just tame it coz of this stupid right side. 

I f... hate this, coz da has great sensor and i kind of feel it, but i can't just tame it coz of this stupid right side. 

Are you a lefty?

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Are you a lefty?

No, right side of the mouse, which is bumpy ( but should be indented ) slips out of my hand. And I really hate materials of it. Its like rice paper or something. Really awful for me. You say G400S, but is it worth to try another? 

material which palm side of old imperator is made of, is like sucking to my hand. Really nice, i can like let go of holding the mouse on its sides and it can still be lifted by me. So awesome.

No, right side of the mouse, which is bumpy ( but should be indented ) slips out of my hand. And I really hate materials of it. Its like rice paper or something. Really awful for me. You say G400S, but is it worth to try another? 

I see. Maybe the G700s?

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Spoiler

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

I sent DA back. Could you help me with choosing mouse that has similar shapes to imperator ( especially this right side with indention and ridge witch prevents mouse from slipping out of your hand. ) I think optical, because when laser i would choose just imperator 4g. 

I sent DA back. Could you help me with choosing mouse that has similar shapes to imperator ( especially this right side with indention and ridge witch prevents mouse from slipping out of your hand. ) I think optical, because when laser i would choose just imperator 4g.

Logitech G400s. Steelseries Rival could also work since it has very grippy sides and more space for your ring finger and pinky than the DA.

So G400S vs Rival 

first rival is better at price

second rival is better at sensor ( right? )
third rival is better with microswitches 

and... where rival is worse? Maybe it doesnt have that ridge to hold ring finger.