Naga 2014, Imperator 4G or Deathadder (newest)

Arwinnd
Go to solution Solved by maxvons,

Taipan or Rival?

Rival.

I won't buy any other mouse, coz i cant know if it fits my hand.

Mionix Naos/Avior 7000?

two different shapes very ergonomic with a 7000 DPI optical sensor

:/

So G400S vs Rival 

first rival is better at price

second rival is better at sensor ( right? )

third rival is better with microswitches 

and... where rival is worse? Maybe it doesnt have that ridge to hold ring finger. 

Rival does have a better sensor indeed. With microswitches you mean mouse 1 and 2 button switches, right? If so, they are not really "better", they're just different. Personally, I like both the G400s and Rival's buttons. The buttons on the Rival do have a more satisfying click though. The Rival does not have the ridge to hold the ring finger, but it does have enough room for your ring finger and pinky on the side (way more than the DA), and with the Rival you use both your ring finger and pinky to lift the mouse. With the G400s, you only use your pinky, which is something many people can't deal with. 

Btw, how long is your hand from base of palm to tip of middlefinger? 

Case: Fractal Design R4  Motherboard: Asus Z87-Plus  Processor: Intel i7 4770K  GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X  RAM: Corsair Vengenace Pro 16GB  PSU: Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 10 750W  SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB   Monitor(s): LG 24GM77  Keyboard: Logitech G410  Mouse: Zowie EC1-A  Mousepad: Puretrak Talent White Ed.  Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud II

Rival does have a better sensor indeed. With microswitches you mean mouse 1 and 2 button switches, right? If so, they are not really "better", they're just different. Personally, I like both the G400s and Rival's buttons. The buttons on the Rival do have a more satisfying click though. The Rival does not have the ridge to hold the ring finger, but it does have enough room for your ring finger and pinky on the side (way more than the DA), and with the Rival you use both your ring finger and pinky to lift the mouse. With the G400s, you only use your pinky, which is something many people can't deal with. 

Btw, how long is your hand from base of palm to tip of middlefinger? 

About 19,5 to 20 cm. 

About 19,5 to 20 cm. 

You palm your mouse right?

Case: Fractal Design R4  Motherboard: Asus Z87-Plus  Processor: Intel i7 4770K  GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X  RAM: Corsair Vengenace Pro 16GB  PSU: Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 10 750W  SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB   Monitor(s): LG 24GM77  Keyboard: Logitech G410  Mouse: Zowie EC1-A  Mousepad: Puretrak Talent White Ed.  Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud II

Yes mostly.

I'd say go for the Rival then. I can't fully palm the G400s without halfway fingertipping it or halfway clawgripping. The Rival fits me perfectly for palm grip with about 1cm to spare on the right mousebutton. I have 19.5cm hands.

I'd say go for the Rival then. I can't fully palm the G400s without halfway fingertipping it or halfway clawgripping. The Rival fits me perfectly for palm grip with about 1cm to spare on the right mousebutton. I have 19.5cm hands.

You know, but i need to be sure before i buy it. I don't know... I don't want to return another mouse to the same shop. Its kind of duchy. 

You know, but i need to be sure before i buy it. I don't know... I don't want to return another mouse to the same shop. Its kind of duchy. 

You'll just have to trust me. I have given you my recommendation and all the information I can give you. If you want a comfortable palm mouse that fits your hands with a great sensor, get the Steelseries Rival. If  you want something that will not fit your hands for a palm grip, with a good sensor, get the G400s.

Here are some pictures for reference. 

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BzML7JEj89VAbGF3ZmhxYlhBcWs&usp=sharing

As you see, I overreach the G400s quite a bit with a palm grip.

I just hate this ring and pinky finger close together thing. One of the advantages of imperator that ridge.

I just hate this ring and pinky finger close together thing. One of the advantages of imperator that ridge.

Then go for the G400s. It has a ridge for the ring finger.

How should i test mouse for acceleration? 

You can place your mouse right next to your keyboard, and turn 180 degrees, then turn back again really fast, and see if you land in the same place. Almost all laser sensors have acceleration anyway. The Imperator 4G doesn't, but it does have a Z-axis bug.

You can place your mouse right next to your keyboard, and turn 180 degrees, then turn back again really fast, and see if you land in the same place. Almost all laser sensors have acceleration anyway. The Imperator 4G doesn't, but it does have a Z-axis bug.

I;ve got 3.5 G version it doesnt bother me that z axis bug. 

I;ve got 3.5 G version it doesnt bother me that z axis bug. 

I don't think the 3.5G version has a Z axis bug.

I don't think the 3.5G version has a Z axis bug.

It has, but they did corection to it. So it doesnt bother me. 

It has, but they did corection to it. So it doesnt bother me. 

Keep it then, or buy something else. Your choice.

Keep it then, or buy something else. Your choice.

So u say imp 3.5g has no correction and acceleration?

Up to you both the naga 2014 and deathadder 2013 are great. You comparing a minimalistic mouse vs one with a pad of 12 buttons on the side, thats not really a call I can make for you.

I don't know if it does.. I would think it does, since it's laser.

I would just go for the G400s. It has a similar design to the Imperator, but with a way better sensor.

I've got the M10 from Tt-esports and its great, got it for $50, its got full customizeability for any hand size

I would just go for the G400s. It has a similar design to the Imperator, but with a way better sensor.

The G400s design is pretty unique and exclusive to Logitech and you either like it or hate it now days. back in the day that was their signature design on a good position of their mice but compared to many mic today the grip is a bit awkward.

Also mouse decision is not all about the sensor, the good thing though is that there are more and more mice coming out now with more and more advanced optical sensors. So you should soon be able to find a variety of styles all with 100% optimal sensors. Right now most of these mice are just standard ~5 buttons or so and come in limited designs most being palm or fingertip but the only real ergonomic palm is the Deathadder. Well I guess there is the G602 which I use but that just came relatively recently. The new mice from Roccat and Mionix should shake things up a bit.