Radiator/Fans question

Hi folks looking for some tips please as to how to go about this.

I have a Corsair Carbide 540 Air case, currently I have a 240mm radiator at the top of the case (exhaust fans) (ek predator AIO cooler), 2 x 120mm intake fans at the front and 1x 120mm radiator (MSI Seahawk 1080 GPU) that is exhausting out the back through the radiator

however I am looking to upgrade my GPU currently

I love the look of the Gigabyte Aorus 2080 ti Waterforce xtreme, however this is a 240mm radiator instead of the 120mm I have currently on my 1080

so to do this I would need to mount this to the only place that could facilitate this which would be the front of the case.

So the question is, if I changed the rear to a 120mm intake fan, would this be enough if i kept the top radiator the same (exhaust) and did the 2 fans exhausting through the 240mm radiator on the front. 

hopefully this makes sense, i have attached a couple of pics, one of the case barebone and one of the setup currently, lighting perhaps not ideal so ive also tried using the flash.

Would this work? 

Silent is the biggest thing as I game in the bedroom and the wife hates noise, which is why i initially changed away from fan cooling when i bought the 1080 seahawk card

Or do you have a better idea?

case.JPG

current setup.jpg

current (flash).jpg

17 minutes ago, Owen Chief said:

Or do you have a better idea?

Buy a better case.  Define S2

"And I'll be damned if I let myself trip from a lesser man's ledge"

27 minutes ago, Velcade said:

Buy a better case.  Define S2

I do love the cable management in that I can just throw everything in the back of it out of sight and it looks nice and clean at the front though. This case has served me well since i got it in 2015 i think it was

what case were you thinking of?

10 minutes ago, Owen Chief said:

I do love the cable management in that I can just throw everything in the back of it out of sight and it looks nice and clean at the front though. This case has served me well since i got it in 2015 i think it was

what current GPU do you have

10 minutes ago, ZeusXI said:

what current GPU do you have

MSI Seahawk 1080 

1.JPG

Just now, Owen Chief said:

MSI Seahawk 1080 

in my opinion, the 1080 is fine. 2080 TI isnt worth the price. 

15 minutes ago, ZeusXI said:

in my opinion, the 1080 is fine. 2080 TI isnt worth the price. 

Where I do appreciate people's opinion on the matter, its totally off topic on what I am actually asking.

would running 1 intake (from the rear) and 4 exhausts (2 top, 2 front) be feasible? 

or would it be better to run intakes on the radiator at the front from inside the case

it would mean 1x 140mm fan is creating cool air for the radiators which seems like a big ask, but not pulling in any warm air from the radiators would be better for the components inside surely?

I have no plans to overclock anything, so this is based on stock speeds. my cpu currently idles around 25 and full load under aida64 was around 65c maxing out at 70c to give you an idea of current case temps

Run 3 120's in the front as intake. Mount the 240 for the gpu there. Turn up all 3 fans a bit more than the cpu's 240 and rear 140. 

Also consider push pull for the gpu rad if the time comes.

Get what ever card you want and keep the 540 it being the best case ever.

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

2 hours ago, Owen Chief said:

It's in my comment.

The Define S2 (or R6 for that matter)  The Gigabyte 2080ti is a badass card my dude.  I just wouldn't sell yourself short on CPU cooling.  Seems easier to just upgrade your case.

"And I'll be damned if I let myself trip from a lesser man's ledge"

13 hours ago, Mick Naughty said:

Run 3 120's in the front as intake. Mount the 240 for the gpu there. Turn up all 3 fans a bit more than the cpu's 240 and rear 140. 

Also consider push pull for the gpu rad if the time comes.

Get what ever card you want and keep the 540 it being the best case ever.

see you get me :) I love this case, but i understand why people might want a bit more length to the case. I'm going to go with your idea, with desk space and a few other factors I want to try avoiding switching case if i can

may need to come back on and will update

edit - not sure i could do push pull as the aorus card is 290mm in length, will be struggling for space i think with a push pull

Could put the fans on the outside. Sucks it filtering them but i do it on one of mine. 

Plenty of room. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/4/2019 at 1:00 PM, Mick Naughty said:

Could put the fans on the outside. Sucks it filtering them but i do it on one of mine. 

Plenty of room. 

Hi Mick, 

I know its a bit late but it all fitted great, and i just wanted to say thanks, I love this case and im glad I stuck with it. It was a little bit close but i still have 1.5cm of space and the ambient and all other temps are great so it has no effect and I didnt have to put fans on the outside. I took your advice and changed to 3x 120 fans at front (added a seperate one above the 240mm radiator that came with the aorus 2080ti) and a larger 140mm exhaust to the rear of the case

Take care buddy

IMG_20190106_172217.jpg

IMG_20190117_000338.jpg

IMG_20190117_025447.jpg