Sorry, Apple.. "The Notch" is DEAD!

But Notch isn't

You can take a look at all of the Tech that I own and have owned over the years in my About Me section and on my Profile.

I'm Swiss and my Mother language is Swiss German of course, I speak the Aargauer dialect. If you want to watch a great video about Swiss German which explains the language and outlines the Basics, then click here.

If I could just play Videogames and consume Cool Content all day long for the rest of my life, then that would be sick.

That manual slide looks MUCH more durable than those automatic ones.

Resident Mozilla Shill.   Typed on my Ortholinear JJ40 custom keyboard
               __     I am the ASCIIDino.
              / _)
     _.----._/ /      If you can see me you 
    /         /       must put me in your 
 __/ (  | (  |        signature for 24 hours.
/__.-'|_|--|_|        

3 minutes ago, RollinLower said:

not to mention it looks so satisfying

And the sound

/ _)
/__.-'|_|--|_|        

can I get my damn keyboard sliders back yet? 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

3 minutes ago, Syntaxvgm said:

can I get my damn keyboard sliders back yet? 

Okay grandpa

"And I'll be damned if I let myself trip from a lesser man's ledge"

If anybody at LMG ever sees this - normally I don't mind your somewhat clickbaity titles and thumbnails, but I really really think that if the video is about a specific product then at the very least the name of the product should be part of the title so we have some idea what the video is actually about - something like "Sorry Apple, the Notch is Dead - Xiami M Mix Review". Keep up the good work otherwise! 

Just now, Velcade said:

Okay grandpa

oh, come on. you know phones like the Nokia E7 with a screen that actually tilted up like a little laptop where the coolest thing.

don;t try to deny it ?

I will never understand the hate for the notch. You get used to after less than a week. Also you talk about dual front firing speakers but where on earth are they going to fit a halfway decent speaker when you have to also have the stupid slider in the way?

Main Gaming PC - i9 10850k @ 5GHz - EVGA XC Ultra 2080ti with Heatkiller 4 - Asrock Z490 Taichi - Corsair H115i - 32GB GSkill Ripjaws V 3600 CL16 OC'd to 3733 - HX850i - Samsung NVME 256GB SSD - Samsung 3.2TB PCIe 8x Enterprise NVMe - Toshiba 3TB 7200RPM HD - Lian Li Air

Proxmox Server - i7 8700k @ 4.5Ghz - 32GB EVGA 3000 CL15 OC'd to 3200 - Asus Strix Z370-E Gaming - Oracle F80 800GB Enterprise SSD, LSI SAS running 3 4TB and 2 6TB (Both Raid Z0), Samsung 840Pro 120GB - Phanteks Enthoo Pro

Super Server - i9 7980Xe @ 4.5GHz - 64GB 3200MHz Cl16 - Asrock X299 Professional - Nvidia Telsa K20 -Sandisk 512GB Enterprise SATA SSD, 128GB Seagate SATA SSD, 1.5TB WD Green (Over 9 years of power on time) - Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2

Laptop - 2019 Macbook Pro 16" - i7 - 16GB - 512GB - 5500M 8GB - Thermal Pads and Graphite Tape modded

Smart Phones - iPhone X - 64GB, AT&T, iOS 13.3 iPhone 6 : 16gb, AT&T, iOS 12 iPhone 4 : 16gb, AT&T Go Phone, iOS 7.1.1 Jailbroken. iPhone 3G : 8gb, AT&T Go Phone, iOS 4.2.1 Jailbroken.

12 minutes ago, Hunter259 said:

I will never understand the hate for the notch.

Because its pointless. Just add a bar across the whole screen. You don't gain anything from that tiny amount of extra space.

1 minute ago, poochyena said:

Because its pointless. Just add a bar across the whole screen. You don't gain anything from that tiny amount of extra space.

Or I can move that info up into it's own part of the front so you have some extra real estate. It does make it look more uniform. If the screen just STOPPED on an edge it would look weird.

Main Gaming PC - i9 10850k @ 5GHz - EVGA XC Ultra 2080ti with Heatkiller 4 - Asrock Z490 Taichi - Corsair H115i - 32GB GSkill Ripjaws V 3600 CL16 OC'd to 3733 - HX850i - Samsung NVME 256GB SSD - Samsung 3.2TB PCIe 8x Enterprise NVMe - Toshiba 3TB 7200RPM HD - Lian Li Air

Proxmox Server - i7 8700k @ 4.5Ghz - 32GB EVGA 3000 CL15 OC'd to 3200 - Asus Strix Z370-E Gaming - Oracle F80 800GB Enterprise SSD, LSI SAS running 3 4TB and 2 6TB (Both Raid Z0), Samsung 840Pro 120GB - Phanteks Enthoo Pro

Super Server - i9 7980Xe @ 4.5GHz - 64GB 3200MHz Cl16 - Asrock X299 Professional - Nvidia Telsa K20 -Sandisk 512GB Enterprise SATA SSD, 128GB Seagate SATA SSD, 1.5TB WD Green (Over 9 years of power on time) - Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2

Laptop - 2019 Macbook Pro 16" - i7 - 16GB - 512GB - 5500M 8GB - Thermal Pads and Graphite Tape modded

Smart Phones - iPhone X - 64GB, AT&T, iOS 13.3 iPhone 6 : 16gb, AT&T, iOS 12 iPhone 4 : 16gb, AT&T Go Phone, iOS 7.1.1 Jailbroken. iPhone 3G : 8gb, AT&T Go Phone, iOS 4.2.1 Jailbroken.

And yet ANOTHER attack on apple by LMG, despite samsung having the latest "notch" news and trying to innovate by changing the shape of the notch.

Why? "Because attacking apple is COOL and it gets us VIEWS!!! Some of our most viewed recent videos are those which specifically have "apple" in the title, even more so if we make it obvious that they suck!"

So much for unbiased tech reporting.

Just more evidence for "LMG is an ENTERTAINMENT channel, not a tech channel. If you want actual tech news and reviews go elsewhere." 

EDIT: Also, no consumer actually gives a shit about the notch. It's a "feature" implemented by the manufacturers to inflate the price of their phones. At first it was like "hey we have a screen that goes all the way over here, but with a little notch, and now it's like "oh we got rid of the notch and we're charging more for that too."

29 minutes ago, Hunter259 said:

I will never understand the hate for the notch. You get used to after less than a week. Also you talk about dual front firing speakers but where on earth are they going to fit a halfway decent speaker when you have to also have the stupid slider in the way?

I couldn't get used to the notch at all, especially when watching videos in fullscreen. Dual speakers would have been nice, but speakers on about any phone suck and I would rather use headphones or earbuds, IMO needing to use a 3.5mm dongle with this Mi Mix 3 is worse than not having dual speakers.

Just now, Blademaster91 said:

I couldn't get used to the notch at all, especially when watching videos in fullscreen. Dual speakers would have been nice, but speakers on about any phone suck and I would rather use headphones, IMO needing to use a 3.5mm dongle with this Mi Mix 3 is worse than not having dual speakers.

I never watch them in full screen. Notch annoys the shit out of me. Only place it does. 2:1 videos do wonders. Gets the video RIGHT to the edge of the notch. Of course coming from an iPhone 6, even in zoomed out mode I have quite a bit extra video watching area.

The reason why I didnt buy the Mi Mix 2 was no headphone jack. This one doesn't do me good either plus they put that camera hump thing again ugh.

Video breakdown:

1000% best phone ever no major problem

50% take note Samsung

50% why the notch and no TouchID Apple?

50% take note Samsung

25% MIUI sucks 

100% Am in love with Xaomi

50% take note samsung

10% btw we snuck in a phone review here

Most of these phone reviews are just comparing to other phones, we want to know about this phone, no mention of using it for a week or so like other reviewers? We don’t care about other companies when we are looking at a review for this phone, it just makes your reporting look incredibly bias.

Everything I learn front the video I could have just read on a fact sheet. 

55 minutes ago, Fez_Boy said:

That manual slide looks MUCH more durable than those automatic ones.

until you get sand or dust in it. that will scratch the glass in front of the camera's and such, and it won't move nearly as smooth anymore. 

She/Her

6 minutes ago, firelighter487 said:

until you get sand or dust in it. that will scratch the glass in front of the camera's and such, and it won't move nearly as smooth anymore. 

don't bring it to the beach? ?‍♂️

/ _)
/__.-'|_|--|_|        

1 minute ago, Fez_Boy said:

don't bring it to the beach? ?‍♂️

if you have a case on your phone just look at the charging port, and how much junk is around it. that's the amount of crap that your phone is exposed to with normal use. you normally don't see it on the screen or anything because it's wiped clean everytime you pull it out of your pocket, but the charging port if you have a case on it gets dirty. 

that's what'll happen to that sliding mechanism as well. 

She/Her

5 hours ago, RorzNZ said:

it just makes your reporting look incredibly bias.

LMG is incredibly biased.... toward whomever is currently sponsoring their videos. 

Also against Apple..... cause views and anti-apple fanboys. 

6 hours ago, corrado33 said:

And yet ANOTHER attack on apple by LMG

yeah there's a conspiracy on youtube to attack oh the poor apple who hasn't done anything but sell overpriced shit, poor little thingies they don't deserve this!!! oh gosh people is SO cruel nowadays and especially Linus, someone do something pleaseee this is very sad, siri play 1hr sad violin :(

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

6 hours ago, Hunter259 said:

I'll take a bezel thanks, looks less ? than the notch...

Also

image.png.33d71af78db2fcb4ee04ee0793500fe2.png

5 hours ago, RorzNZ said:

Most of these phone reviews are just comparing to other phones, we want to know about this phone, no mention of using it for a week or so like other reviewers? We don’t care about other companies when we are looking at a review for this phone, it just makes your reporting look incredibly bias.

It could be worst...

Still waiting on a real review...

6 minutes ago, Egg-Roll said:

I'll take a bezel thanks, looks less ? than the notch...

Also

image.png.33d71af78db2fcb4ee04ee0793500fe2.png

It could be worst...

Still waiting on a real review...

They are just trying to cash in on the meme ? review ? train lol

Firmware implementation is more important, on iPhones it just replaces the sb, which is there anyway, either way you lose screen estate. Just horrible experience when non-native apps don’t use this approach.