Consoles, Phones, Laptops, Oh My! - WiFi Module Vulnerability allows attackers to run code on a wide range of devices

rcmaehl
7 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

If you have your own router and everywhere in your house has a good signal to that router it works but again that isn't always the case. 

If u buy a cheap router ( Or Razer) you get cheap WiFi. Never had a problem with range or connectivity with Netgear.

Just now, RorzNZ said:

If u buy a cheap router ( Or Razer) you get cheap WiFi. Never had a problem with range or connectivity with Netgear.

Yeah I had a nice netgear but a thick brick wall don't give af. You have to understand that it was a fireplace so it was extra thick.  

Just now, Brooksie359 said:

Yeah I had a nice netgear but a thick brick wall don't give af. You have to understand that it was a fireplace so it was extra thick.  

See if you can get a repeater probably. One of these days with the trends you’ll end up like me with WiFi only devices.

Just now, RorzNZ said:

See if you can get a repeater probably. One of these days with the trends you’ll end up like me with WiFi only devices.

I did get a repeater. Didn't fix the problem. I tried for about 3 months to get wifi to work but ended up just using a powerline adapter to run Ethernet to my computer. Fixed all of my issues.  

17 hours ago, RorzNZ said:

Chad 4G LTE

Everywhere 

Unlimited and cheap

*cries in third world ridiculously expensive GPRS*

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

Nice source @rcmaehl . Most of it went over my head but I've saved it to look deeper into it later on. It sounds like the vulnerability that has been known in part since 2017. Google's Project Zero team, it's amazing how these vulnerabilities are discovered and then the understanding of it grows over time through many people's input and research. Fascinating.