New board and CPU without any signal output

Moonded
Go to solution Solved by Peskanova,

Im 99% sure that you need to take the board to any IT shop or take a ryzen 1st gen and update bios. :( You will need a ryzen 1st gen to update bios and make 2nd gen work on that mobo

Hey Guys!

I just got my new MSI B350 Gaming Pro motherboard and the Ryzen 7 2700x with new memory (2x 8GB Vengeance LPX 2400MHz). Right now I can't finish up the build because I don't get any signal output. On the motherboard the CPUs and DRAMs ez debug led are lighted up for 1 or 2 secounds and going off. Everthing in the case including every single fan (either the case or the gpu fan) is working properly. I already tested starting without ram, without GPU, changed GPU with another one (both are working great), hooking up a different monitor on every different output I had.

Does anyboy know what I can do? Also I have already found out it could be a bios problem, thats its to old because it seams like my MB was created back in 2017 but I have no idea if there isnt a newer Bios version on already.

Here I have made a short video how it looks like for me: 

Also sorry for the bad english ?

-- Nerd in almost anything PC related --

--- Not your average Gamer ---

---- Most likely an Idiot ----

Im 99% sure that you need to take the board to any IT shop or take a ryzen 1st gen and update bios. :( You will need a ryzen 1st gen to update bios and make 2nd gen work on that mobo

Case: Corsair 760T  |  Psu: Evga  650w p2 | Cpu-Cooler : Noctua Nh-d15 | Cpu : 8600k  | Gpu: Gygabyte 1070 g1 | Ram: 2x8gb Gskill Trident-Z 3000mhz |  Mobo : Aorus GA-Z370 Gaming K3 | Storage : Ocz 120gb sata ssd , sandisk 480gb ssd , wd 1gb hdd | Keyboard : Corsair k95 rgb plat. | Mouse : Razer deathadder elite | Monitor: Dell s2417DG (1440p 165hz gsync) & a crappy hp 24' ips 1080p | Audio: Schiit stack + Akg k712pro + Blue yeti.

I hope that wouldn't be the problem because I was waiting for the motherboard for more than a week but if this is it than there is no chance around.

You can buy another , there is the same model for your cpu ,  same name but 350-> 450 (better stability for your cpu)

Case: Corsair 760T  |  Psu: Evga  650w p2 | Cpu-Cooler : Noctua Nh-d15 | Cpu : 8600k  | Gpu: Gygabyte 1070 g1 | Ram: 2x8gb Gskill Trident-Z 3000mhz |  Mobo : Aorus GA-Z370 Gaming K3 | Storage : Ocz 120gb sata ssd , sandisk 480gb ssd , wd 1gb hdd | Keyboard : Corsair k95 rgb plat. | Mouse : Razer deathadder elite | Monitor: Dell s2417DG (1440p 165hz gsync) & a crappy hp 24' ips 1080p | Audio: Schiit stack + Akg k712pro + Blue yeti.

5 minutes ago, Moonded said:

I hope that wouldn't be the problem because I was waiting for the motherboard for more than a week but if this is it than there is no chance around.

I'm afraid he's right brother, you'll either have to get a new mobo or get someone to update it.

There is another version of bios 100% sure , and if you have and it shop close they could have a hardware to update bios without cpu , just call to your closest it shop and ask , maybe its done cheap and fast :D 

Alright, i'm going with the option to return the B350 and get the B450 because it can be delivered till tomorrow. (thanks Amazon)

Also thank you two for the quick answers.

Edited by Moonded
Forgot the tanks