EKWB MLC-Phoenix with CPU + 4 GPU

EKWB has 40% off all of the MLC items currently and I wanted to get a 280mm MLC-Phoenix (since 360mm is end of life) and I will be adding another 360mm rad to it.

My question actually has to do with this link https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-qdc-10mm-black

If you scroll down then it says 

• Do not use more than four (4) sets of QDC's in a typical custom loop system (with two water blocks and two radiators).

It would require that I need 7 sets to do Quad GPUs + CPU. Is something bad going to happen if I use more than 4? I don't get it.

image.png.5390d1b8c717e75e0c24d2e566d0b6a2.png

The two pumps might not have enough flow to cool all those gpus like that.I'd just custom loop it and get better cooling and less likely a leak or dead pump.

Well EK's pump slowed down on me...so did this one to about 2700rpm...that's through 3/8" id....that's still ok but yeah it slowed down.....And yeah the Byski Block.  they made the mini heat killer....It's some kind of examples like Barrow does and Nickel. 

Id rather Brass and Copper....stuff now and kits their doing aluminum....

It's mixed but that is some big brass on the gpu….why not it's cheap..a dollar or two a fitting...

sJHAhVJ[1].jpg

2600x 4.3ghz-Loop

Msi X470 gaming plus

EVGA SuperSC CL16 3200 16gb

gtx 1060

pny nvme 480gb

mushkin eco3 480gb

Sound Blaster Audigy FX

Cooler Master GXII Pro 750w.

Get a real pump and it won’t be an issue. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

for the GPUs you'd NOT want to use the phoenix pipework + QDCs as it would just be too much to interconnect them all, instead youd rip off the pipes/fittings and replace it with a terminal:

https://www.ekwb.com/shop/water-blocks/vga-blocks/multiple-block-connectivity

that way youd only have pipes/fittings IN on GPU1 and OUT on GPU4

i assume the reason they reccomend not too many QDC fittings is the flow restriction, the connectors dont have anywhere near that same low as a standard fitting due to their design so i'm guessing if you add too many it will start to slow the flow down. plus the pump on the phoenix is a teeny tiny one so i doubt it can flow huge amounts of water. 

based on what youve described id reccomend doing a pretty much custom loop and just buying the phoenix kit if its on huge discount to strip for parts. its basically just an EK Rad, Vardar Fans, fan controller, pipes, fittings housed in a bit frame containing a mini-res and mini pump.

or better still drop the QUAD GPU and just buy a single card :)

16 minutes ago, Jay Deah said:

or better still drop the QUAD GPU and just buy a single card

for 4 GPUs, you could probably get 2 2070s an run NVlink

I'm gonna go find my own tech support...

with BLACKJACK and HOOKERS!

(Welcome to LTT Forums)