Replacing keyboard red LEDS with white ones

Hi, I want to ask a question. I got a mechanical cmstorm keyboard with red LEDS I would like to replace by desoldering them with white ones. 

Is that possible without touching the input signal? Those LEDs are dimmable by the function keys, so would I be able to at least get them working?

As far as the circuit would be concerned, any led would be fine as long as you are at least close to the same rated forward voltage and current as the ones you take out. This can easily be figured out with a multimeter.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz