(Completed) Project: WhiteNoise

Hey Guys! I'm back!

What a 2018! And as usual, I just finished another project sponsored by EVGA, Thermaltake and Zadak511, and I am here to share it with you guys. This project got delayed a bunch of times but in the end  I got it done before the end of 2018. Let's start shall we?

This project is called "WhiteNoise", and the theme of the project is based on a NHL team, the Winnipeg Jets! I got inspired to do this project after watching the Winnipeg Jets go against the Nashville Predators last year in the playoffs. Looking at their official uniforms, I thought, why not make a case mod with their theme? Blue, White, Gray and a little bit or Red? Sure! So, I asked EVGA if they would like to throw in their DG-76 computer case to be murdered by me. A week after asking, well, they've sent me these. They were kind enough to send a DG-76, x2 GtX 1080 with Hydro Copper Blocks, 850PQ power supply, some awesome sleeved power supply cables (blue and white), power links and some awesome poster.

Wb2wzftl.jpg

m3K5wsil.jpg

And Zadak511 stepped in and threw in a 64GB kit of their Zadak MOAB RGB ram sticks with some swags included! And Apacer global jumped in too and threw in one of their M.2 128GB SSD for the project.

WEucxqLl.jpg

Now, for the main "star" of the butchery.. laugh.gif

vcjfoLBl.jpg

lxTQdWAl.jpg

qy8YXDPl.jpg

AxoyUV2l.jpg

eXYGo0al.jpg

ODHknXXl.jpg

Ch2efU8l.jpg

BUbISfql.jpg

Bj9d5yKl.jpg

37K8swwl.jpg

8SJ7LJKl.jpg

jBaVXfzl.jpg

Now, originally, my plan was to flip the whole case so the front panel will be the bottom,

WXiGuBLl.jpg

Remove the part of the case that has mounting holes for reservoir and slap x2 360mm radiator, which sadly didn't work.

Uq9KP0Tl.jpg

qoYRQvIl.jpg

This would have work, but if I went this route, I would need to either cut some breathing holes on the right side panel or make a replacement for the let tempered glass with holes on it for exhausting air from the radiator fans.

bDzvI3wl.jpg

So, I ended up with the easier way. One 360mm radiator on front. 

simcsScl.jpg

And before dismantling the DG-76, someone rang the doorbell, and this was in the front door.

s7VkHIwl.jpg

And after that, I decided to dismantle some parts of the DG-76, mainly the power supply shroud and the motherboard tray since I wanted those to remain white, and the rest will be blue.

2lry2tCl.jpg

Aaaand off to the backyard we go! This was around October, and the temperature around here is getting colder. I was planning on doing some more cutting on the computer case, but if I remembered correctly, I only had 2 more days before the weather goes down to below zero.

1QaJiQ3l.jpg

While waiting for the fresh coat of paint to dry up a little bit, I went ahead and did some cutting on the plastic front panel. Now, I wanted to do a push/pull config for the radiator, and I want to have the fans pulling to be outside the case. That is impossible to do unless you trim off this tab with magnet that holds the front dust cover and trim a little bit of the bottom too. after doing those, well, time to give this a blue bath!

eY8pHAOl.jpg

zQa4AKSl.jpg

SoO2bsQl.jpg

8pmTMU5l.jpg

Now, a few days after I have torn the DG-76 to pieces, I ordered some White Delrin PC case feet from MNPCTech.com . These looks and feels premium and thought would go nicely for this build. Installing them was a breeze too.

7wlfzJWl.jpg

The DG-76's original feet has 2 mounting holes for each. Conveniently, those holes are almost the exact, same size as the included mounting screws for the White Delrin case feet! just need to file those hole a little bit and the screws just slide in. How convenient is that! 

t9HiStxl.jpg

KkVQvUEl.jpg

bOpruJXl.jpg

While waiting for the top, front and back plastic panels to dry up, I spewed some paint on the right metal panel and some of the random accessories for the build. The hydro copper block, the Thermaltake CL360 Radiator and the sli bridge. Aaaaaaand....

YLKJWapl.jpg

517Wm3al.jpg

LolZBTNl.jpg

RVNTMzXl.jpg

zC6AVqZl.jpg

JQoEsRol.jpg

At this point, there is just no way for me to be able to more paint jobs since the temperature outside is well below 0c, so I opted with using Vinyl stickers for the Winnipeg Jets logos for the build. As much as I wanted to do paint instead of stickers, It just won't work. I tried, but things just got ugly and I ended up sanding the paint down. But in the end, the vinyl sticker worked pretty well.

tDXsZU3l.jpg

This is Thermaltake's W4 pacific water block. Again, vinyl sticker for the Jets logo. But after doing the logo, I realized I screwed up something.

VvL4GTgl.jpg

For the logo to stay upright like this, I need to rotate the whole block, which sadly won't work. The mounting bracket and the holes are just waaaaaay off. LOL! 

AhCk4uwl.jpg

Now if I took the sticker off and rotate it upright, well, the logo won't look good anymore. So in the end, I ended up changing the logo.

8ldAhFFl.jpg

Aaaaaand, after a few days of waiting, everything dried up well.

ytjqClXl.jpg

rCPvflSl.jpg

fYu3xohl.jpg

nMfKgzLl.jpg

As I have mentioned, after the blue paint job, I could not do anymore painting outside, so I ended up with using Vinyl stickers and a little bit of clear coating.

X11eIegl.jpg

BVi7NNml.jpg

Now, a couple months back before I started this project, I ended up dismantling half of my CNC machine to try to get it leveled as much as I could. Office life got busier than ever, so the cnc was out of commission when I started this project. Now, I am not a huge fan of front panels that doesn't have any breathing holes on it and instead have gaps all around the side for air to be either pulled in or exhaust out. I wanted to make a custom front panel for the project, so I ended up contacting one of my buddies, killRMODZ to do a solid for me and make the custom front panel. After a very short noticed, and a few exchanges of emails about the design, this is what we ended up with. The bottom piece is actually a gpu support in the form of a hockey stick.

7ysuUeNl.jpg

nrJug4Pl.jpg

Now, all I need to do is to drill some mounting holes for the front panel, and the front will be completed!

Hgq5RaMl.jpg

mCUsqTAl.jpg

Looks awesome in my opinion! And now, if ever, I will be comfortable using the front as the front intake and won't worry about not having enough airflow!

kmpqFSwl.jpg

And I think that was all the stuff that I need to do before putting the thing together. Got all the panels painted up, logos on them, why don't we put the thing together then? Shall we?

7R5FxlRl.jpg

YUr9wAAl.jpg

MXMvEsSl.jpg

lDO2cRhl.jpg

7i6BorRl.jpg

WLJb92Xl.jpg

bCHth9ul.jpg

491yVgzl.jpg

82BXAfIl.jpg

rPCmqjJl.jpg

KO8fsRyl.jpg

0ckrhIil.jpg

ZZ43758l.jpg

Sooooo, back when I was making a list for the stuff that I will be using for thermaltake, I screwed up that list. Instead of asking 3 sets of Thermaltake Riing Trio fans, I ended up writing 1 set of 120mm and 3 sets of 140mm fans (stupid I know). In this project, I will need at least 6 fans for the push/pull config. It's a good thing that Thermaltake sent me one of the Floe AiO coolers which has 3 120mm fans. So I ended up using those since the 140mm wont fit either inside the case or outside the front panel.

Cr4NfnBl.jpg

W8qlcSVl.jpg

Time to do the hard line tubing! Although after finishing up one bottle of beer, I fell asleep and ended up doing the hard line loop the next day. I have a very, VEEEERY low alcohol tolerance, so usually, one bottle of beer is enough to knock me off.

p0Petmgl.jpg

Now, after doing the whole loop, I filled it up and discovered I have a bad leak on the cpu block fitting. And by the looks of it, I didn't tighten the fitting enough. The coolant got on the motherboard just a little bit, probably a drop or two. So I needed to drain the whole loop, and blow dry the board. And in hindsight, it was actually good since I realized, I needed to add one more drain valve on the tube from the GPU's going to the radiator.

TwmcvEcl.jpg

And for the coolant, Thermaltake was kind enough to send these baby for the project.

NkXPUpVl.jpg

0xJW8sDl.jpg

ErggXl6l.jpg

Aaaand after doing some leak test, and testing if the board is still alive (which I already knew the board was fine), it's time to wrap this baby up!

Rd5ogFYl.jpg

AI8ovtnl.jpg

imR8YbNl.jpg

ghFAu50l.jpg

KExWjXol.jpg

Zy5dnJCl.jpg

Thermaltake's Pacific C-Pro fittings is one of the easiest fittings that I have used so far. And they went really well with the project. They actually sent over some blue fittings too but after asking the wife which color to go, I ended up with the one fitting.

txH0qAZl.jpg

S9nWZzQl.jpg

28T9rtgl.jpg

PNxwtz6l.jpg

2EROR8pl.jpg

iZf0ViCl.jpg

n6S2xDBl.jpg

vlmxMPol.jpg

z9FqjRWl.jpg

8Uy26MVl.jpg

rx8qf2kl.jpg

Aaaaaand, time to turn this baby on!

wAVktFIl.jpg

Kf3R6uzl.jpg

z988y3Vl.jpg

HwPALVYl.jpg

SuMiPsgl.jpg

crOGYYyl.jpg

1LUfpHSl.jpg

obJO83Wl.jpg

crOGYYyl.jpg

HbuME7Ql.jpg

6qlLYc0l.jpg

980OwnJl.jpg

9p9byQ5l.jpg

3tdMzbTl.jpg

axZaKxxl.jpg

And that's it for this project! After some delays, small problems here and there, this was still a fun project for me! Now I can officially say, I am a HUGE Winnipeg Jets fan now! To the sponsors, thank you very much for the support! I hope you guys had fun going through this work log and hopefully, learn a little bit too. Have a happy new year and see on the next project!

Holy shit this is beautiful! I love the sky blue and I was planning to do something similar. You've inspired me to do a lot more painting!

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu

4 minutes ago, kazuma said:

I am a HUGE Winnipeg Jets fan now!

That's pretty obvious. Nice build btw, looks dope.

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

5 hours ago, mxk. said:

Holy shit this is beautiful! I love the sky blue and I was planning to do something similar. You've inspired me to do a lot more painting!

Thanks man! If you are planning on doing more painting, I am hoping you don't have "white stuff" scattered outside yet. Or at least have a proper "paint booth" and don't be like me. LOL

5 hours ago, r2724r16 said:

That's pretty obvious. Nice build btw, looks dope.

Thanks! For the record, I wasn't a fan of hockey till last playoffs. After watching the Jets go against Nashville, I became a fan. LOL
That series was intense AF. 

Just now, kazuma said:

Thanks man! If you are planning on doing more painting, I am hoping you don't have "white stuff" scattered outside yet. Or at least have a proper "paint booth" and don't be like me. LOL

Frick, well sounds like I'll be buying a huge cardboard box as my booth, or just being really careful on a day that isn't windy.

aorus pro z390

evga 3070 ultra

2 minutes ago, mxk. said:

Frick, well sounds like I'll be buying a huge cardboard box as my booth, or just being really careful on a day that isn't windy.

Well, the cardbox booth didn't work well for me. It did' for a little bit, until the winds started to b*tch out again on me. Whenever I would hold an aerosol paint outside, the winds would pick up. 

3 hours ago, kazuma said:

Well, the cardbox booth didn't work well for me. It did' for a little bit, until the winds started to b*tch out again on me. Whenever I would hold an aerosol paint outside, the winds would pick up. 

That's really unfortunate.. I have 4ish months, I'm sure I can figure something out or get lucky with the wind.

aorus pro z390

evga 3070 ultra

14 minutes ago, Mnpctech said:

nice detailing, very well done and clean!

Thanks Bill! Those case feet really looked well on this one! 

Extremely cool, I love your documentation style. Solid photography accompanied by simple captions. The build went really well, just just a couple small bumps. But every worthwhile road has a bump or two ;)

You did really well aye!

15 hours ago, LaserLion said:

Extremely cool, I love your documentation style. Solid photography accompanied by simple captions. The build went really well, just just a couple small bumps. But every worthwhile road has a bump or two ;)

You did really well aye!

Thanks for going through the worklog! I really appreciate that.