can't post status update from the sidebar

Go to solution Solved by Ashley MLP Fangirl,

oh it just appeared... 

i've had that before where it's gone and if i refresh it comes back... this time it took about 5 refreshes for it to come back. 

941888937_Screenshotfrom2018-12-3021-27-45.png.342dae481f83cc255fa8336fd4733261.png

the option to post a status update isn't there. 

Chromium Version 71.0.3578.98 (Official Build) Manjaro Linux (64-bit)

my system is up-to-date. i just checked it. 

She/Her

oh it just appeared... 

i've had that before where it's gone and if i refresh it comes back... this time it took about 5 refreshes for it to come back. 

She/Her

@colonel_mortis Hey,

Whilst on the topic of posting/creating a Status-Update(s) as explained above, I just wanted to say that I have also encountered this too, at least once or twice and found an additional issue(?).

After posting/creating the Status Update successfully, My editor doesn't want to clear at all; it just keeps on restoring the previous content every time which I assume isn't meant to happen? Even if I close Google Chrome and re-open it, the text is still there. I've even tried resetting a setting or two in Google Chrome but it still shows.

Hey I'm Xiauj ^_^ Wassup :3

3 minutes ago, Xiauj said:

@colonel_mortis Hey,

Whilst on the topic of posting/creating a Status-Update(s) as explained above, I just wanted to say that I have also encountered this too, at least once or twice and found an additional issue(?).

After posting/creating the Status Update successfully, My editor doesn't want to clear at all; it just keeps on restoring the previous content every time which I assume isn't meant to happen? Even if I close Google Chrome and re-open it, the text is still there. I've even tried resetting a setting or two in Google Chrome but it still shows.

Yeah, I'm aware of that too, and will report it.

HTTP/2 203

18 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

Ah ok sweet, thank you in advance sir! ❤️

14 hours ago, Xiauj said:

Ah ok sweet, thank you in advance sir! ❤️

Does the Clear Editor(garbage can icon) button work? That's what I've been using ever since, even after having the same experience as you, thinking that it could be working as intended. 

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

5 minutes ago, Godlygamer23 said:

Does the Clear Editor(garbage can icon) button work?

Err.., Kind of :| Sometimes it clears with no issues at all and sometimes it decides to be awkward and not clear itself (..as it normally should do) which shouldn't be happening, I assume.

When it doesn't work however...,  things like refreshing the page and closing Google Chrome completely won't work and yet the text is still there which shouldn't be happening, lol. I would have thought the box should remain fully empty after pressing "Clear editor" but nope, it still remains there for Me sometimes.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/31/2018 at 12:09 AM, Xiauj said:

@colonel_mortis Hey,

On 12/31/2018 at 12:13 AM, colonel_mortis said:

Hey @colonel_mortis, just wanted to ask if there is any update regarding this issue with the editor? ? It's still happening somewhat commonly and I've also found another issue which is a bit awkward/common.

At completely random times, My space-bar will go 100% 'dead' (not-active at all) when typing something after clearing the editor and typing out a new one and this means that I have to refresh the page/chrome-tab at least 2 or 3 times for it to behave normally again. Sometimes I have to manually click somewhere else in the editor with my mouse-cursor and that will fix it but not always. The same issue has happened not as much, but with the Enter key(s) when I want to say.. put some text 1 or 2 lines down from the first part, lol xD Dunno why this is happening!

6 hours ago, Xiauj said:

Hey @colonel_mortis, just wanted to ask if there is any update regarding this issue with the editor? ? It's still happening somewhat commonly and I've also found another issue which is a bit awkward/common.

This issue has been fixed by IPS, and will be applied here once that version is released and we move to it. However, that is likely to be several months, possibly 6+, away.

6 hours ago, Xiauj said:

At completely random times, My space-bar will go 100% 'dead' (not-active at all) when typing something after clearing the editor and typing out a new one and this means that I have to refresh the page/chrome-tab at least 2 or 3 times for it to behave normally again. Sometimes I have to manually click somewhere else in the editor with my mouse-cursor and that will fix it but not always. The same issue has happened not as much, but with the Enter key(s) when I want to say.. put some text 1 or 2 lines down from the first part, lol xD Dunno why this is happening!

I've not heard of that before. If you place the caret in the middle of a word after that happens, does it still have no effect?

HTTP/2 203

5 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

This issue has been fixed by IPS

A phrase I don't think I've ever heard before...

While on the topic of the editor, when I do ctrl+A on mobile, I get this:

Screenshot_Chrome_20190115-075559.thumb.png.c12620d68905d269dec6338f76d57421.png

Not sure if its chrome mobile, the forums, or what, but a good while ago it wasn't an issue.

1 hour ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

when I do ctrl+A on mobile

?

chrome mobile does some weird stuff with keycodes iirc, so while that isn't what I would expect to happen, there's probably not much that can be easily done.

HTTP/2 203

10 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

This issue has been fixed by IPS, and will be applied here once that version is released and we move to it. However, that is likely to be several months, possibly 6+, away.

I've not heard of that before. If you place the caret in the middle of a word after that happens, does it still have no effect?

Correct. Still no effect(s) taking place. Like I said, pretty odd issue how it becomes 'dead' but yeah, it's been happening on several browsers. Chrome & Firefox mostly for Me if that also helps :) Latest version. Windows 10 as the OS.

Have tried testing/pretend-writing for about an hour straight the other day and it was fine then, seems as if it's only on Desktop(s) which triggers it for some odd reason and this was on My phone (iOS).

Edited by Xiauj
Reworded the second section