RAM clearance Dark Rock 4

Teun_VV
Go to solution Solved by WoodenMarker,
2 hours ago, Dunk said:

There will be more ram clearance than the pro 4.

It's about the same. 

29bee0afb7b1c1cf3266774c2f25eeb6.png

Hey, I was looking and can’t find anywhere what the clearance is. I have found that the clearance of the Dark Rock Pro 4 is 40,5mm. Is it the same for the non pro version?

- Teun

I'm pretty sure the Dark Rock Pro 4 is much bigger than the Dark rock 4. Just by looking at the cooler itself I think it would be more closer to the same size as the cooler master hyper 212 (granted it maybe be a little wider than the 212) There will be more ram clearance than the pro 4.

Main PC

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~i7 3770k 4.3ghz Arctic Freezer 33 Esports-Edition

~GTX 1080 MSI AERO (I literally paid £330 for this) 

~Samsung 860 EVO 500gb | WD Blue 1TB

~Kingston HyperX 2133Mhz DDR3 4x8gb

~Corsair SPEC-03 Red

Acer Aspire 5338 (2009 Laptop)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Intel Celeron T3000 (Dual-Core @ 1.8ghz)

GM45 iGPU (Mobile Intel 4 Series Express Chipset Family)

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

Hynix 4GBx2 1066mhz(800mhz)

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (used to be on Vista)

I have no professionalism if you call 1 year with 3d modelling and unity "professional."

I asked my friend "So how many things do you have rgb so far?" He responded, "The only things that I have RGB is my GPU, CPU cooler, Keyboard, Mouse, Mousepad, Laptop, Ram, Motherboard, SSD, case fans, PSU, cheapo-RGB leds, razer phone 2 and "

2 hours ago, Dunk said:

There will be more ram clearance than the pro 4.

It's about the same. 

29bee0afb7b1c1cf3266774c2f25eeb6.png

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

3 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

It's about the same.

For fan, yes. But DRP4 fins overhang first RAM slot where DR4 doesn't. I'm in shock that you didn't note that o.O

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

22 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

For fan, yes. But DRP4 fins overhang first RAM slot where DR4 doesn't. I'm in shock that you didn't note that o.O

I was just referring to the clearance below the bottom fin since 40.5mm was quoted. The DRP4 cutout above the first ram slot allows ram up to 45-46mm. For 40mm of clearance below the fan on the DR4, the cooler also ends up being ~170mm tall.

I glossed over the fan being able to be mounted on the other side in pull and that the DR4 heatsink not even hanging over ram. I think it's due to having seen so many people deciding to not use the closest ram slot to fit the front fan on the DR3 and DR4. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.