Brand new oldscool computer?

Issogamer

Kndof wanting to fab a computer with specs similar to like a modle m ...

But like not using a rasburry pi. And acctually mapping pcb and ordering parts and chips and such.

Anyone interested? Idc how hard this will be or what ever naysayers may want to rip me apart. I really want to do this if this intrests you in anyway even just in suggesting cipsets or what have you. Or tips and tricks. Because i have "no" experience. I have built computers and done plenty of reaserch. Im trying to do this as a way of learning and developing some relarionahips with people where i can get nerdy with. With or with out people help. I will develop a "computer" using specs from those days mimicking this modle m idk. Would love some wisdom.

32 minutes ago, Issogamer said:

a computer with specs similar to like a modle m

If I remember correctly, Model M is only the keyboard to IBM PC.

Anyway, if you really want to build an actual hobby terminal/old-school PC, you should start with IBM PC. They are well-documented and has a active and passionate community behind it, plus most of there component can be found for cheap.

For starters, there's a kit of IBM PC 5150 clone available that includes circuit board and all parts for less than $200. I suggest you take a look.

52 minutes ago, Issogamer said:

not using a rasburry pi.

Don't reject emulation. It's the best way of getting to know an electronic without having to own the actual thing. It's also much cheaper and space efficient.

"Mankind’s greatest mistake will be its inability to control the technology it has created."