Dell XPS M1530 Overheating (google failed to help) (No Solution-End)

Hey guys, i got this Dell XPS M1530 from 2008, it have decent specs etc. but problem is overheating and shutting off. There is no dust in fan and i applied new paste (4 times to be correct because i am desperate and i wanted to be sure its done right..). I installed Windows 10, instalation went ok without any shutdowns. But when im in OS and cpu load is about 15% to 30% max (win updates) i have idle 76-81 °C(mobo etc is hot af too)! And plus when i tried to google anything about it so many people had the same problem back then. So you guys are my last chance to save me and to get my money(im IT student, i need money for living :D but that is not main point). Thank you for help ..

A fan could have broken. No way an update causing 30% usage is enough to justify above 70 at idle. Something just isn't actuve un your cooler.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Just now, fasauceome said:

A fan could have broken. No way an update causing 30% usage is enough to justify above 70 at idle. Something just isn't actuve un your cooler.

Already checked, fan is spinning and working properly.

4 minutes ago, Besty said:

Already checked, fan is spinning and working properly.

Spinning is one thing, but that doesn't mean it works properly.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

12 minutes ago, Besty said:

Dell XPS M1530

EDIT

Nevermind, thought it was a desktop. It's a laptop...

Best I can offer is prop up the back with a book, and ensure enough air gets under the laptop and into the system to cool it

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

1 minute ago, fasauceome said:

...how can a fan spin, but not work properly? Unless the blades have been removed, a fan is only ever meant to spin to work. Do you mean the fan controller?

1 minute ago, fasauceome said:

Yes but what can i do about it ? What more?

Do you have access to a Flash Drive and another computer to install a lightweight linux distro on? I would try something minimal and then monitor the temps from a different OS.

1 minute ago, Radium_Angel said:

If you run it with the side panel off, what happens? Perhaps there is nowhere for the airflow to go, so the CPU cooler is recirculating hot air

With or without, still the same..

1 minute ago, NinJake said:

Do you have access to a Flash Drive and another computer to install a lightweight linux distro on? I would try something minimal and then monitor the temps from a different OS.

Yes i have my main pc. So you think it can be OS problem? Because the load on laptop is not intense, i can try that but even if i got it runnin' with another OS ok my customer wants a Win 8/10.

7 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

Well the fan acording to sound and HWmonitor is running over 4000 RPM.

4 minutes ago, Besty said:

Yes i have my main pc. So you think it can be OS problem? Because the load on laptop is not intense, i can try that but even if i got it runnin' with another OS ok my customer wants a Win 8/10.

I would try something like puppy linux off a USB drive just to eliminate that load of windows updates and then eventually start stress testing it while monitoring the system. There's only so much you can do with a system from 2008.

1 minute ago, NinJake said:

I would try something like puppy linux off a USB drive just to eliminate that load of windows updates and then eventually start stress testing it while monitoring the system. There's only so much you can do with a system from 2008.

I gonna try this then. I will send update when i make some progress, thank you so much people for help love ya!

18 minutes ago, Wufflez said:

...how can a fan spin, but not work properly? Unless the blades have been removed, a fan is only ever meant to spin to work. Do you mean the fan controller?

A fan can be damaged to spin slower than usual. Resistance in the form of some debris can stick in the fan hub.

Primary PC:

43 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

A fan can be damaged to spin slower than usual. Resistance in the form of some debris can stick in the fan hub.

Not the case.

24 minutes ago, Besty said:

Not the case.

Does the laptop get super loud when it starts getting hotter?

Primary PC:

• 3 weeks later...

So guys, the laptop failed to work, kept overheating and will be no use anymore, thank for help thought!