URGENT! PC MALFUNCTION

So I upgraded my PC today. I installed a brand new ASUS ROG STRIX 1060 6gb, Thermaltake AIO Liquid cooler and 16gb DDR4 3000mhz Memory. It booted fine and worked fine for a few hours. The CPU and GPU load were both fine, and the GPU didn't go past 70c. I played Minecraft for an hour or so and the fans didn't spin on the GPU (but this is expected because it isn't a very demanding game). The fans do work because they span up in Overwatch. While playing Minecraft all of a sudden my monitors go blank and the computer makes noises like a jet engine. I would assume its a fan or fans spinning up super fast. I panicked and held down the power button and then unplugged the PSU. What could of caused this? Is it catastrophic and what do I do?

17 minutes ago, Gamer1012 said:

what do I do

Plug it back in, power up the system. See if it POSTS.

Did you OC anything? If so, turn that off.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

I'd advise getting something like MSI afterburner or GPU-Z / CPU-Z to monitor your thermals and usage. Obviously also do basic checks like 'is the gpu properly seated and connected'. 

Another thought, could be the pump - any software you can get to monitor that would be good, they're usually pretty quiet so it's hard to tell that between the regular fans unless you can control it via software. 

A more simpler problem could be just the fan curve is a bit messed up right now - something like MSI afterburner allows you to set custom ones, basically, it could be saying. "Right, 60C, okay." "70C okay." "71C. AH IT'S MELTING 100% POWER TO FANS!" And this could be exactly the same for any of the fans, the motherboard's default curves might just not be any good for e.g. the new liquid cooler fans on the radiator.

Edit: Before doing my stuff, it's probably wise to listen to Radium_Angel and see if it posts again, want to check for fried stuff. 

40 minutes ago, vK 3 1 RON said:

I'd advise getting something like MSI afterburner or GPU-Z / CPU-Z to monitor your thermals and usage. Obviously also do basic checks like 'is the gpu properly seated and connected'. 

Another thought, could be the pump - any software you can get to monitor that would be good, they're usually pretty quiet so it's hard to tell that between the regular fans unless you can control it via software. 

A more simpler problem could be just the fan curve is a bit messed up right now - something like MSI afterburner allows you to set custom ones, basically, it could be saying. "Right, 60C, okay." "70C okay." "71C. AH IT'S MELTING 100% POWER TO FANS!" And this could be exactly the same for any of the fans, the motherboard's default curves might just not be any good for e.g. the new liquid cooler fans on the radiator.

Edit: Before doing my stuff, it's probably wise to listen to Radium_Angel and see if it posts again, want to check for fried stuff. 

It goes without saying, but I guess I should say it anyway...open the case up and ensure nothing leaked out before you power it up...

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

1 minute ago, Radium_Angel said:

It goes without saying, but I guess I should say it anyway...open the case up and ensure nothing leaked out before you power it up...

Haha! Yeah, I hope he did the obvious and opened it up, it kinda went straight past me - I assumed that would've been spotted it in 'make sure gpu is seated' but It would've been better for me to say about that too! 

OK, so the stage I'm at now, is power supply issue. Thermals are fine BTW 25c on CPU when this happens and like 30c on GPU. When I have the GPU plugged in and I unplug the case fans (powered by molex because they are rgb), it works. But when I have both plugged in it doesn't even boot. And same for if I have case fans and no GPU. I have a TX550M PSU btw