Which monitor?

BigChimp97

Hi guys

I'm thinking about buying the Acer H236Hl or the Asus Vs238HR, and just wondering what you guys thought about the monitors. Which one would be the better option, and if there are other recommendations you have then please reply with them, the maximum i'm willing to pay is £150

I've found the Acer H236HL for £148 - http://www.ebuyer.com/454930-acer-h236hl-23-full-hd-led-monitor-um-vh6ee-001

But i've found the Acer H236HLBmjd for £143.98

Whats the difference between the h236hl and the h236hlbmjd?

And also i found the Asus VS238HR for £132.98

I will also mainly be gaming, but I don't want a TN panel.

Thanks guys :)

Edit: I've also found an LG monitor here -http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/computing/monitors-and-projectors/pc-monitors/lg-23ea63v-full-hd-23-ips-led-monitor-21324850-pdt.html

CPU Intel i7-6700k | Motherboard ASUS Maximus Hero VIII | GPU MSI GTX 970 | RAM 16 GB Corsair Vengeance 3000Mhz | Cooling Noctua NH-D15 | Storage 240GB Crucial M500; 2TB Seagate Barracuda | PSU EVGA 850w | Case Phatek Enthoo Pro M Acrylic

It is a good monitor. It is IPS and also has thin bezels.

Quote me to get a reply!

It is a good monitor. It is IPS and also has thin bezels.

sorry mate, just updated the thread :P

CPU Intel i7-6700k | Motherboard ASUS Maximus Hero VIII | GPU MSI GTX 970 | RAM 16 GB Corsair Vengeance 3000Mhz | Cooling Noctua NH-D15 | Storage 240GB Crucial M500; 2TB Seagate Barracuda | PSU EVGA 850w | Case Phatek Enthoo Pro M Acrylic

sorry mate, just updated the thread :P

I'd say go for the Acer because of the bezel.

Quote me to get a reply!

I've seen that video and it does look like a great monitor but Acer really confuse me -.- what's the difference between the normal H236HL, the H236HLbid and the H236HLbmjd? Are there any major differences the note down when thinking about buying them?

I've seen that video and it does look like a great monitor but Acer really confuse me -.- what's the difference between the normal H236HL, the H236HLbid and the H236HLbmjd? Are there any major differences the note down when thinking about buying them?

I have no idea tbh, if it is within your budget just get it. 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

Both the H236HL and the H236HLbmjd are within my budget in my region..... but the H236HLbmjd is slightly cheaper

I've found out that the Bid doesnt have speakers however the normal one does

So should i go with the Asus or the Acer?

So should i go with the Asus or the Acer?

Acer

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

Get a Korean 1440p Ocable monitor.. :)

I'd rather not tbh, I'd rather get a proper branded one.

Ok play at 1080p then.I will never 1080p game again.And they have less input lag.

Ok play at 1080p then.I will never 1080p game again.And they have less input lag.

I'd rather get a product from a company that I can trust, I also don't exactly have the best graphics card so gaming at 1440p isn't exactly viable for me on the games that I play :/

I'd rather get a product from a company that I can trust, I also don't exactly have the best graphics card so gaming at 1440p isn't exactly viable for me on the games that I play :/

For future the have Squaretrade you can buy with Korean monitor.If anything happens they will give full refund for 3 years.. :)

They also use rejected panels so it's highly likely that your going to get dead pixels :/ most Korean knock offs also have terrible input lag........ I've just been reading up in them, so you have me intrigued I'll give ya that much haha, but it's just my personal preference to get it from a trusted company.

So the Acer, ASUS or LG??

Response time for all is 5ms. Input lag is 10ms

Response time for all is 5ms. Input lag is 10ms

Ignore what the specs say. the way the ms is measured changes depending on who you're asking. 

Get this instead: http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/computing/monitors-and-projectors/pc-monitors/aoc-i2369vm-full-hd-23-led-monitor-with-mhl-21408588-pdt.html

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Ignore what the specs say. the way the ms is measured changes depending on who you're asking. 

Get this instead: http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/computing/monitors-and-projectors/pc-monitors/aoc-i2369vm-full-hd-23-led-monitor-with-mhl-21408588-pdt.html

Looks good :) why would you recommend this over the others? (General question, sorry if it sounds rude)

Looks good :) why would you recommend this over the others? (General question, sorry if it sounds rude)

It has a thin physical bezel with the mask like the Acer monitor does.

It's also cheaper and has a matte screen which is a win for me but matte/gloss is a preference thing.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

It has a thin physical bezel with the mask like the Acer monitor does.

It's also cheaper and has a matte screen which is a win for me but matte/gloss is a preference thing.

Hmmm apparently glossy monitors have better picture quality and are brighter, is this true?

Hmmm apparently glossy monitors have better picture quality and are brighter, is this true?

...Sort of?  

In general, a glossy screen has a better contrast, brighter colors (more saturated), and better viewing angles. A glossy screen may look more vibrant to watch movies or play games. The major disadvantage of a glossy screen is the reflection of a light and other objects. Sometimes it is not easy to adjust the screen to make it less reflective. Glare may interfere with color perception. Also in print, supersaturated colors will not show up. Many visual designers find that the glossy screens present unrealistic colors and overly contrasted images and sometimes photographs cannot be accurately matched to the final print.

A matte screen has an anti-glare coating that diffuses ambient light. A side effect of the coating is a slight blurring, reduced contrast, and a narrow viewing angle.

They also don't get dirty as easily which means you can touch the screen with less worries for leaving prints.

They each have their pros and cons so it depends on preference which you prefer.