New Cpu Water Cooling System Not Working Properly

Hey everybody, I've been concerned about my new water cooling system. On two days ago i got a Cooler Master ML240L RGB Water-cooling system on my AMD FX-8320E. Before i installed it my cpu temp was around 50°c but now its reaching temperatures from 65°to 80°C. My frame rate on two games have dropped from 100ish to 6-20fps and on every other game i don't get above 60 or 70fps. I don't know what is wrong at all, I've tried adding more thermal paste too and it did nothing. Should i get a new water cooler? is it a tubing problem? I need all the help i can get. Thank you.

Does your case allow you to look inside, glass, plastics, large vent, etc.?

When you say 'Added more thermal paste' that's kind of a red flag, did you completely remove the existing thermal paste from both the CPU cooler and CPU? Then add - literally a rice grain would work fine, you don't need to add more and more. I'm pretty sure adding a lot more inhibits the cooling but that's if you really make it excessive. 

Have you checked that the fans on the radiator are working? And that they are blowing air the correct way? Also, I had a problem where my pump failed before and that caused it to get to like 90*C instantly, however, if you're able to boot up games and such without a problem it most likely isn't a failed pump.

Edit: Sorry, I might be slightly over-exaggerating with 'completely remove the existing thermal paste' but that's what I do whenever I change thermal paste even if it's only been on for like... Well after I put on the CPU cooler xD

1 hour ago, flya00 said:

Does your case allow you to look inside, glass, plastics, large vent, etc.?

Yes

1 hour ago, vK 3 1 RON said:

When you say 'Added more thermal paste' that's kind of a red flag, did you completely remove the existing thermal paste from both the CPU cooler and CPU? Then add - literally a rice grain would work fine, you don't need to add more and more. I'm pretty sure adding a lot more inhibits the cooling but that's if you really make it excessive. 

Have you checked that the fans on the radiator are working? And that they are blowing air the correct way? Also, I had a problem where my pump failed before and that caused it to get to like 90*C instantly, however, if you're able to boot up games and such without a problem it most likely isn't a failed pump.

Edit: Sorry, I might be slightly over-exaggerating with 'completely remove the existing thermal paste' but that's what I do whenever I change thermal paste even if it's only been on for like... Well after I put on the CPU cooler xD

Sorry I meant I reapplied it? but yes the fans are working 

15459713612773087663825808889701.jpg

On 12/27/2018 at 10:38 PM, flya00 said:

are you sure its working even

The fans work but I just dont know if the block is doing its job. That's why I made this post 

Also I put that picture in here just to show where its placed. I'll post a picture of the pc on tomorrow

Really I am stupid when it comes to cooling and stuff but I just wanna help lol

6 hours ago, flya00 said:

Really I am stupid when it comes to cooling and stuff but I just wanna help lol

lol its alright

Touch the CPU Block while your PC is on (with a load like a game) and feel if there is any vibration.

Do you have fans on the top as intake? The radiator fans are running as exhaust right now. So no fresh air for the card, which in turn would run hotter and lower clock speeds. Same could be said for the cpu. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

14 hours ago, Mick Naughty said:

Do you have fans on the top as intake? The radiator fans are running as exhaust right now. So no fresh air for the card, which in turn would run hotter and lower clock speeds. Same could be said for the cpu. 

I have 1 fan on top and other on the back then the radiator at the front. But i cant move where my radiator is 

20 hours ago, YaTrippin said:

Touch the CPU Block while your PC is on (with a load like a game) and feel if there is any vibration.

Its vibrating a little bit

1 hour ago, 23GaritoJ said:

I have 1 fan on top and other on the back then the radiator at the front. But i cant move where my radiator is 

I’m saying the fans on the radiator are facing the wrong way. 

Unless you don’t use the side panel and have a box fan on the system. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

1 hour ago, Mick Naughty said:

I’m saying the fans on the radiator are facing the wrong way. 

Unless you don’t use the side panel and have a box fan on the system. 

Just took them off and they look like they were on correct 

2 minutes ago, 23GaritoJ said:

Just took them off and they look like they were on correct 

So.. you want them pushing air through the rad and out the front of the case?

2 minutes ago, Mick Naughty said:

So.. you want them pushing air through the rad and out the front of the case?

Whoops I did do a bit of research and I had the fans on the wrong way like you said. Sorry!

I flipped the fans and i went to bios. Cpu temp started at 65. And right now it's already at 80..

Seems like you have a bigger issue. Cpu's should never see that temp in bios or at idle. 

Do you have a mobo software installed for controlling fan speeds?

Need to check the signal of the pump, you can see it in the bios normally.

Which kit is this exactly as the images aren't matching that kit, and when it does the fans don't. Are those retention brackets closed?

37 minutes ago, Mick Naughty said:

Seems like you have a bigger issue. Cpu's should never see that temp in bios or at idle. 

Do you have a mobo software installed for controlling fan speeds?

Need to check the signal of the pump, you can see it in the bios normally.

Which kit is this exactly as the images aren't matching that kit, and when it does the fans don't. Are those retention brackets 

Ok so I asked for the ML240L and instead got the LC240E. 

• I dont have a software like that installed, only thing that i can change fan speed with is bios 

• my pc is on right now and it's making a weird noise. It goes up and down (noise level) Its a just a loud humming sound I havent heard it make yet

• I'm unable to check the signal of the pump from my bios for some reason. I looked everywhere in it

So which header are the fans plugged into? And which header is the pump plugged into?

Is the additional power cable plugged into the psu? 

Is the retention bracket closed correcting on the pump mount?

Also you did pull the plastic of the cold plate of the cpu block before installation?

It's not clear which is which. There are two wires coming from my cpu block. One goes into my sysfan 2. The other leads to the back of my pc that connects a wire to that which leads to a three way splitter. I can add pictures if needed. Then my cpufan leads to a two way connector. Sorry I dont know the names but then again I can add pictures but anyways that leads to my radiator fans. I'm guessing the wiring is wrong. They just fit perfectly with the fan slots. I could move the other cpublock wire to my other sysfan but idk if thatll help. I did pull the plastic off the back. I dont know what you mean by the retention bracket, I searched it up and couldnt find anything useful.

Ok, the pump will have a wire that plugs into a fan header, normally cpufan. Then your fans need to plug into another one, normally which ever is close. The manual will tell you the name of each and where its located. Its also printed on the board. They each have another cable for the rgb but that isn't important right now.

So if the fans are using a spliter that makes them go into on header, make sure its plugged into the board. The same with the pump, plug it into the board.

The software you use should show two fans and two speeds.

The retention bracket would be labeled in the instructions for the cooler. Look at the pump, above and below it are little black levers that swing back and forth. They need to be going in the correct direction for proper force and retention. So double check that.