• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Supportsneedlove

SSD wrong format

shift+f10

diskpart

list disk

select disk X (X = number of the one you want)

clean

exit

exit

refresh

You should be able to just format the SSD from the windows install screen. You'll have to create a partition (and delete the rest, if you don't need them) and just install windows to it, it'll do the formatting

PC

CPU: i7 6850k @ 4.4GHz MoBo: MSI X99A SLI Plus Ram: 4×8GB HyperX Fury @ 2800MHz GPU: GTX 1080ti FE @ 2088MHz Cooling: Dual 60x360mm rad + Nickel Plexi EKWB blocks, Corsair ML120, Aquaero 5LT Case: Lian Li PC O-11 Dynamic PSU: Seasonic M12 2 Evo 850W + Custom DIY Cables Storage: 250GB 970Evo + 512GB Crucial + 2x 120GB Kingston SSDs + 4x 2TB Seagate Ironwolf in Raid 5 Coming Soon: -

Laptop: Acer Travelmate B117 (absolutely low power, but 12h battery life :D)

Phone: Oneplus 2 64GB

Peripherals:

Monitor: LG 34UC79G Keyboard: Corsair K63 Wireless Mouse: Logitech G603 Mousepad: HP Omen 300 Headphones: AKG K7XX  Other stuff: Novation Launchpad MK2, Aune T1 USB DAC/Amp, Definitive Audio MX1024 mixing board, cheap-ass XLR condenser mic

Cameras:

DSLR: Canon EOS 600D (Magic Lantern OS) Action Cam: GoPro Hero 3 Silver

Mountainbike:

Frame: Banshee Legend MKIII Fork: Marzocchi 380 C2R2 Titanium Rear shock: Rock Shox Vivid Air/Coil (switched depending on how I feel) Wheels: Spank Spike Race 33 Tires: Schwalbe Magic Mary/Onza Ibex Brakes: Magura MT5 Deraileur: Shimano Zee Crankset: Truvativ Descendant + 38T FSA Chainring Wheight: 16.4kg w/o pedals

You format a storage device via the installation tool itself, it will do it for you with the "format" button.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k (won) - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Kill Trident Z RGB - Force MP500 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - The venerated Hyper 212 Evo (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G2 650W - Black and green theme, Razer branwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

Linux Proliant ML150 G6:

Xeon X5560 - 24GB ECC DDR3 - MSI GTX 650 - some 7200RPM SATA II thing - Ubuntu (at the moment)

Feel free to critique my website. I am but a young entrepreneur.

2 minutes ago, Supportsneedlove said:

I went to reinstall windows today but it turns out that the SSD is formatted wrongly. How do I make it good again? 

Cheers!

Windows usually will happily let you reformat the drive in something it likes.

WHat version of Windows and what's the SSD format currently?

So rise up, all ye lost ones, as one, we'll claw the clouds

Posted · Best Answer

shift+f10

diskpart

list disk

select disk X (X = number of the one you want)

clean

exit

exit

refresh

MSI GX660 + i7 920XM @ 2.8GHz + GTX 970M + Samsung SSD 830 256GB

27 minutes ago, Supportsneedlove said:

Pressed it, didn't help. Uploaded a picture of it.

If my danish serves me, it's saying you need to make the disk GTP, where the disk is currently formatted MBR. There is usually an "advanced" option on that screen where you delete the existing format, and allow Windows to reformat it as it sees fit

So rise up, all ye lost ones, as one, we'll claw the clouds

A solution that always works for me, at the screen from the picture remove all volumes, then just click the disk then click next.
It will automagicly fill it with the right partitions. No need to really look there anyway if you dont know what it is.

-Disclaimer dont blame me of you losing files thats what happens when you remove partitions :) -