SSD wrong format

Go to solution Solved by Neftex,

shift+f10

diskpart

list disk

select disk X (X = number of the one you want)

clean

exit

exit

refresh

I went to reinstall windows today but it turns out that the SSD is formatted wrongly. How do I make it good again? 

Cheers!

IMG_20181227_162233.jpg

Do the reinstall again and format correctly this time.

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

You should be able to just format the SSD from the windows install screen. You'll have to create a partition (and delete the rest, if you don't need them) and just install windows to it, it'll do the formatting

PC: Screw day theme users, I guess ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

CPU: R9 3900X @ 4.375GHz All Core MoBo: ASRock X470 Taichi RAM: 2x16GB Mushkin Redline @ 3200MHz 16-18-18-36 GPU: GTX 1080TI FE @ 2088MHz Cooling: Single 60x360mm rad w/ Scythe Kaze Flex, dual 45x540mm external rads passive, Nickel Plexi EKWB blocks, Alphacool VPP755V3 + Watercool Heatkiller Tube 250, Aquacomputer Quadro Case: Inter-Tech 4U 4129-N PSU: Corsair RM1000x Storage: 1TB Samsung 980 M2 SSD, 1TB Seagate Barracuda  Q1 SSD Network: Mellanox ConnectX-3 10G

NAS & Proxmox:

CPU:  Epyc 7302 MoBo: Supermicro H11SSL-i RAM:  8x32GB @ 2666MHz Samsung Registered ECC  Cooling: Enermax Liqtech TR4 II 360 w/ Corsair ML120 Case: InterTech 4F28 PSU: Seasonic Focus PX-650 Storage: 8x6TB HGST + 2x1TB WD Blue SN570 + 2x16GB Intel Optane SSDs Network: Mellanox ConnectX-3 10G

ML-Compute Server:

CPU:  i5 10600K MoBo: MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus RAM: 4x8GB HyperX Fury @ 2133MHz8 GPU: Gainward GTX 1080TI Golden Sample Cooling: Single 30 Case: RackMax 2U 8-Bay Storage Case Storage: 512GB Patriot P300 + 4x2TB Seagate Ironwolf NAS Network: Intel Quad 1G

Laptop: Acer Travelmate B117 (absolutely low power, but 12h battery life :D)

Phone: Oneplus Nord

Peripherals:

Monitor: LG 34UC79G + 27GL63T Keyboard: KBDFans 65Rev2 Mouse: Logitech G603 Mousepad: Cheap-ass GMB Mouspad Headphones: AKG K7XX  Other stuff: Novation Launchpad MK2, Aune T1 USB DAC/Amp, Behringer UMC202HD + Audio Technica AT2020 Condenser Mic

Cameras:

DSLR: Canon EOS 600D (Magic Lantern OS) Action Cam: GoPro Hero 3 Silver

Mountainbike:

Frame: Banshee Legend MKIII Fork: Marzocchi 380 C2R2 Titanium Rear shock: Rock Shox Vivid Air/Coil (switched depending on how I feel) Wheels: Spank Spike Race 33 Tires: Maxxis Minion DHR2/DHF Brakes: Magura MT5 Calipers with Shimano XT Levers Deraileur: Shimano Zee, Casette reduced to 6 Speed Crankset: Truvativ Descendant + 38T FSA Chainring Wheight: 16.4kg w/o pedals

You format a storage device via the installation tool itself, it will do it for you with the "format" button.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

2 minutes ago, Supportsneedlove said:

I went to reinstall windows today but it turns out that the SSD is formatted wrongly. How do I make it good again? 

Cheers!

Windows usually will happily let you reformat the drive in something it likes.

WHat version of Windows and what's the SSD format currently?

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

The windows installer wil automatically make like 3-4 partitions on your SSD dont worry about that. Those are needed...

9 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

You format a storage device via the installation tool itself, it will do it for you with the "format" button.

Pressed it, didn't help. Uploaded a picture of it.

shift+f10

diskpart

list disk

select disk X (X = number of the one you want)

clean

exit

exit

refresh

MSI GX660 + i7 920XM @ 2.8GHz + GTX 970M + Samsung SSD 830 256GB

27 minutes ago, Supportsneedlove said:

Pressed it, didn't help. Uploaded a picture of it.

If my danish serves me, it's saying you need to make the disk GTP, where the disk is currently formatted MBR. There is usually an "advanced" option on that screen where you delete the existing format, and allow Windows to reformat it as it sees fit

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

A solution that always works for me, at the screen from the picture remove all volumes, then just click the disk then click next.
It will automagicly fill it with the right partitions. No need to really look there anyway if you dont know what it is.

-Disclaimer dont blame me of you losing files thats what happens when you remove partitions :) -