Stutter with a gtx 1060 6gbs

Coltonw023456
16 hours ago, bdubbs said:

Try changing the Windows Power settings to max and see. i had an issue with my Ryzen this fixed recently. 

tried that 

16 hours ago, JoostinOnline said:

What game did you have running at low, and what frame rate were you getting?

well all games i have at low setting or high if i have it all the way low it will stutter so bad if i put it up a little bit it gets better but if i max it too much it will stutter like hell thats because my PC is not able to run stuff at max and i know that but nromally 60 FPS with V sync if i dont use V sync i get 100 or 70fps but screen tearing i get with out V sync so i put V sync on i tried fast and half still the same issue 

Perhaps he should try DDU in safe mode.  Boot back up and install latest nVidia WHQL drivers and see how it is.  If it's still happening then something is up with your hardware situation.  

Asus Sabertooth x79 / 4930k @ 4500 @ 1.408v / Gigabyte WF 2080 RTX / Corsair VG 64GB @ 1866 & AX1600i & H115i Pro @ 2x Noctua NF-A14 / Carbide 330r Blackout

Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface / KRK Rokits 10" / Sennheiser HD 650 / Logitech G Pro Wireless Mouse & G915 Linear & G935 & C920 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk / NF-A14 Int P12 Ex
AOC 40" 4k Curved / LG 55" OLED C9 120hz / LaCie Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / Crucial m4 500GB / Asus M.2 Card

What kind of monstrosity of GPU do you have? 1060 6 gbs? There are 1060 with 3 GB or 6 GB VRAM. Gb/s is a transfer rate. If that is the case, your card is at fault as it (should) have a internal transfer rate of 8 Gbps (Memory transfer rate) and 192 GB/s (Memory bandwidth).

Sorry for being a dick, but use the right terminology is important. In this case it literally is two completely different meanings. Just as there is a difference if you are using Gigabit (Gb) or GigaByte (GB).  

2 hours ago, SuperExcel said:

Are you playing games in fullscreen or windowed mode?

fullscreen

2 hours ago, Mattias Edeslatt said:

What kind of monstrosity of GPU do you have? 1060 6 gbs? There are 1060 with 3 GB or 6 GB VRAM. Gb/s is a transfer rate. If that is the case, your card is at fault as it (should) have a internal transfer rate of 8 Gbps (Memory transfer rate) and 192 GB/s (Memory bandwidth).

Sorry for being a dick, but use the right terminology is important. In this case it literally is two completely different meanings. Just as there is a difference if you are using Gigabit (Gb) or GigaByte (GB).  

sorry im just kinda new to this and just looks here https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814500454 im not even sure anymore im kinda lost to what your saying

8 hours ago, Turtle Rig said:

Perhaps he should try DDU in safe mode.  Boot back up and install latest nVidia WHQL drivers and see how it is.  If it's still happening then something is up with your hardware situation.  

i tried that still the same issue 

Have you tried lowering the resolution?

No worries about the above, I was on a spree yesterday fueled by whiskey, coffee and a back pain... ? LOL... But using the right terminology is kind of important.

You have a good setup and there should be no stuttering if you don't trying to choke the card with to high resolutions and all the graphical fluff on max. With a 1060 there are no Giga-Rays for you, LOL

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/29/2018 at 1:17 AM, Mattias Edeslatt said:

Have you tried lowering the resolution?

No worries about the above, I was on a spree yesterday fueled by whiskey, coffee and a back pain... ? LOL... But using the right terminology is kind of important.

You have a good setup and there should be no stuttering if you don't trying to choke the card with to high resolutions and all the graphical fluff on max. With a 1060 there are no Giga-Rays for you, LOL

its at 1920x 1080 thats the place i like it and yes i have but seems to lower the stutter though 

On 12/25/2018 at 11:01 PM, Coltonw023456 said:

i really have no clue and i play like minecraft and gta 5 and stuff you can look at my steam to get a idea of what i play ? https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198162162982/ about 60 fps or 100fps 

drops to like 50 or lower 

i would suggest downloading rivatuner to cap your frame rate. I used to have stuttering problems before i get rivatuner. 

I would bet we can fix it easy. Your monitor is a 60hz. Bet the tv is a 59.7 or 59.9. Go into Nvidia settings and change vsync to FAST. Try it and report back. 

A lot of people have stutters when having a tv hooked up!!! Just try it. I double dare you!!