3Pin 5V to 4Pin 12V RGB Adapter?

5 minutes ago, Wiebenor said:

My uncle knows a guy who uses them in his big fish house, And besides that, my uncle uses one that I made for him in his fish house, and it works just fine to move the air around... Besides, my shop is only 7 ft by 18 ft or something like that So obviously it's not that much of a space to cool and all that so just five down the center and maybe five where I'm going to be at going the other direction on the one end and that would be all I would need, But I'm going to start a thread on that to see what other people think... And by the way, I don't think I have it handy but I do have a picture somewhere of the person's setup in his fishing shack, and in case it wasn't clear, yes I mean my shop... Oh and by the way, I don't mean in the ceiling, I mean hanging down a few inches from the ceiling... That is generally how those setups work...

i don't no i would think just buying a fan would be cheaper then mounting pc fans. but to each there own.

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/3/2019 at 10:13 PM, Master Disaster said:

Holy mother of god. You have no idea how much I need one of these in my life.

I just hope they sell them on UK Amazon.

hi sir, have you bought this deep cool hub?

does it say i still need to plug 4pin from the Sata+4pin in motherboard? because my mobo has no 4pin header. 

im wondering if i can only plug the sata from that Sata+4pin that's included in the deepcool hub

1 hour ago, lorenznoob said:

hi sir, have you bought this deep cool hub?

does it say i still need to plug 4pin from the Sata+4pin in motherboard? because my mobo has no 4pin header. 

im wondering if i can only plug the sata from that Sata+4pin that's included in the deepcool hub

you need an mb 4pin header to make it work.

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

If your motherboard has an Addressable RGB header do you still need to have a sata connection? I've got a Deepcool case with the cf120 fans and they are connected to the reset button but I'd prefer them to be connected to the motherboard to run with the rest of my fans. I can connect to the motherboard no problem but not sure how to get the connection to my power supply unless it is from the ARGB header.

13 hours ago, Olds_71_442 said:

If your motherboard has an Addressable RGB header do you still need to have a sata connection? I've got a Deepcool case with the cf120 fans and they are connected to the reset button but I'd prefer them to be connected to the motherboard to run with the rest of my fans. I can connect to the motherboard no problem but not sure how to get the connection to my power supply unless it is from the ARGB header.

It depends how it is wired, at least on a DeepCool Case I built for a friend the SATA power cable has a lable that says to unplug it if controlling the LED Strip using the MoBo. 

if your fans has an RGB/Fan hub you need to plug it, if they are daisy chained you could probably only use the ARGB header

5 hours ago, Jpe24 said:

It depends how it is wired, at least on a DeepCool Case I built for a friend the SATA power cable has a lable that says to unplug it if controlling the LED Strip using the MoBo. 

if your fans has an RGB/Fan hub you need to plug it, if they are daisy chained you could probably only use the ARGB header

I have the Matrexx 70 that came with the CF120 fans. All the fans are daisy chained together along with the LED strip from the side. Then it meets up at a small board that connects to the reset button and the sata cable.What I wanted to do is disconnect it from the small board and plug it into the ARGB plug on my motherboard which is a ROG Strix X570 E Gaming. The only thing is, the plug for the fans is the 3 holes next to each other like the Gigabyte VDG plug and my motherboard has the 4 pin with the gap on the 3rd pin. There is a cable out there that goes from VDG to the 4/3 pin ARGB header but I wasn't sure if I wanted to get it if I still need to connect a sata cable.

On 8/30/2020 at 7:44 PM, Olds_71_442 said:

so what the deep cool thing dose is allow you to hook argb device to and rgb header/controller and will make your argb act like rgb so all leds will be the same color just like rgb.

now im guessing the sata off the deep cool thing is for 12v but there must be some way that it converts 12v down to 5v with a resister or something. sata can do 3v 5v and 12v but i dont no if there that many wires you would need a minimum of 3 wires for 12v and 5v. off of the stata.

the only other probly is they dont tell you how many leds you can have in total so safe to say 1 set per port to be safe.

now if you want to be even more safe and have alot of argb stuff then all you need to do is connet the data to the deepcool argb port and hook the ground and 5v to your psu. i have a guide in my sig that shows you how to do it to an mb header but you can do it to any argb header.

Edited by thrasher_565

13 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

so what the deep cool thing dose is allow you to hook argb device to and rgb header/controller and will make your argb act like rgb so all leds will be the same color just like rgb.

now im guessing the sata off the deep cool thing is for 12v but there must be some way that it converts 12v down to 5v with a resister or something. sata can do 3v 5v and 12v but i dont no if there that many wires you would need a minimum of 3 wires for 12v and 5v. off of the stata.

the only other probly is they dont tell you how many leds you can have in total so safe to say 1 set per port to be safe.

now if you want to be even more safe and have alot of argb stuff then all you need to do is connet the data to the deepcool argb port and hook the ground and 5v to your psu. i have a guide in my sig that shows you how to do it to an mb header but you can do it to any argb header.

I've only got the 3 ARGB fans that came with the case and the LED strip that also came with the case. The rest are Deepcool RF120 fans which are just RGB. My motherboard is the ROG Strix X570 E Gaming and it has an ARGB plug. I was wondering if I could just plug into that without needing the sata cable or do I need the sata cable regardless?

15 minutes ago, Olds_71_442 said:

I've only got the 3 ARGB fans that came with the case and the LED strip that also came with the case. The rest are Deepcool RF120 fans which are just RGB. My motherboard is the ROG Strix X570 E Gaming and it has an ARGB plug. I was wondering if I could just plug into that without needing the sata cable or do I need the sata cable regardless?

the deepcool convertor only converts rgb mb/controller to 5v argb device and not the other way.

1 hour ago, thrasher_565 said:

the deepcool convertor only converts rgb mb/controller to 5v argb device and not the other way.

I'm actually referring to using only my motherboard and without the deepcool converter. 

17 minutes ago, Olds_71_442 said:

I'm actually referring to using only my motherboard and without the deepcool converter. 

try hooking it up with out the sata cable if it dose not work then plug it in.

im going to say it probably gets power from the mb. the stata is to power the case controller.

you can see it with the mb 2+1 cable is 3 wires or dose it have 2. if its 3 it gets power form the header if its 2 it only gets data and ground form the header.

Edited by thrasher_565

1 hour ago, thrasher_565 said:

try hooking it up with out the sata cable if it dose not work then plug it in.

im going to say it probably gets power from the mb. the stata is to power the case controller.

you can see it with the mb 2+1 cable is 3 wires or dose it have 2. if its 3 it gets power form the header if its 2 it only gets data and ground form the header.

My motherboard has the 2+1 setup most common with ASUS motherboards.

Thanks! That's what I was thinking but wasn't sure. If it doesn't work I'll just go back to connecting it to the reset button and control the colours from there. I'm also thinking I should go all ARGB so there aren't any conflicts with the fans. I haven't bought the rest of my fans yet. I just have the ones that came with the case. 

15 minutes ago, Olds_71_442 said:

My motherboard has the 2+1 setup most common with ASUS motherboards.

Thanks! That's what I was thinking but wasn't sure. If it doesn't work I'll just go back to connecting it to the reset button and control the colours from there. I'm also thinking I should go all ARGB so there aren't any conflicts with the fans. I haven't bought the rest of my fans yet. I just have the ones that came with the case. 

ya some case come with proprietary fans in them and most are meant to be replaced but deep cool argb fans are ok. you can buy packs of 3 as well. but deepcool uses jst-sm connectors on them so you will need an adapter as the case i think only supports 3 fans using there 3 fan spliter. (i think the fan pack come with the splitter?)

Edited by thrasher_565

On 9/1/2020 at 9:37 PM, thrasher_565 said:

ya some case come with proprietary fans in them and most are meant to be replaced but deep cool argb fans are ok. you can buy packs of 3 as well. but deepcool uses jst-sm connectors on them so you will need an adapter as the case i think only supports 3 fans using there 3 fan spliter. (i think the fan pack come with the splitter?)

I've already found a cable that converts it to the 2+1 setup. I've also found another controller like the deepcool one by Uphere. It's meant for ARGB and has 7 plugins and also very cheaply priced and easier to find than the deepcool controller. I can connect the converter plug to the Uphere controller to add the daisy chained deepcool fans and argb strip to the controller. The controller also comes with a sata connector and it has it's own reset button and the plug to the reset button matches the reset button on my case so instead of drilling into my case for the Uphere reset button I can just use the one that came with my case. If you hold down the reset button for 3 or 5 seconds it switches the fan control over to the motherboard.

29 minutes ago, Olds_71_442 said:

I've already found a cable that converts it to the 2+1 setup. I've also found another controller like the deepcool one by Uphere. It's meant for ARGB and has 7 plugins and also very cheaply priced and easier to find than the deepcool controller. I can connect the converter plug to the Uphere controller to add the daisy chained deepcool fans and argb strip to the controller. The controller also comes with a sata connector and it has it's own reset button and the plug to the reset button matches the reset button on my case so instead of drilling into my case for the Uphere reset button I can just use the one that came with my case. If you hold down the reset button for 3 or 5 seconds it switches the fan control over to the motherboard.

if you got it working then good.

• 3 months later...
On 9/8/2019 at 10:23 AM, Rhellor said:

THE DEEPCOOL ADAPTER WORKS!!! I was able to connect the addressable LEDs of the Lian Li strimer and the Phanteks Enthoo Evolve X and daisy chain them to my motherboard's 12v RGB header!!!

PSX_20190830_193259.jpg

Whats that screen you have there?

Any Help is appricated! Please correct me if I´m wrong!

Sorry for grammer/spelling mistakes, but english is not my native language (it´s german in case you were curious) *expand to see builds*

Primary PC: CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | GPU: Crossfire Radeon 6870 + 6850 | RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance 2X16 = 32GB @ 3600MHZ DDR4 | MOBO: ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F | COOLER: COOLER MASTER ML360R | CASE: DEEPCOOL Matrexx 55 V3 ADD-RGB | PSU: GIGABYTE P850GM 80+ GOLD | SDD: CRUCIAL MX500 250GB |

Everything thats not colourful I haven't bought yet.

Secondary PC(Currently not operational): CPU:  INTEL Q8200S @ 2.33Ghz | GPU: GTX 750 ti / 760 | RAM: 4X2 = 8GB @ 800MHZ DDR2 OCZ Platinum | MOBO: ASUS P5E-VM SE | COOLER: Be Quiet! Silent Loop 280* | CASE: DEEPCOOL Matrexx 55 V3 ADD-RGB* | PSU: CORSAIR RM850 2019 80+ GOLD* | SSD: CRUCIAL MX500 250GB* 

Everything marked with * is what I bought for the Primary PC and I'm just using it until I get all the parts.

• 1 month later...

Hi, 

I have a Asus TUF Gaming B450-m Pro Mobo and Darkflash C6MS fans. I bought this but couldn't get it to work. 

Can anyone help me?

• 1 year later...
On 12/5/2020 at 10:02 AM, Enzo1001 said:

Whats that screen you have there?

Looks like these kind of things:

They're coming up for the search term "stat screen". I see you can also do something similar with an Android phone. 🙂

https://www.techradar.com/news/an-old-android-phone-can-be-used-as-a-system-monitor-to-show-how-hard-your-gaming-pc-is-working

• 2 months later...

Found this video on Youtube that shows how to use the Deepcool RGB Converter on a 12v RGB Header motherboard and 5v ARGB fans working with Asus Aura Sync!

2 hours ago, ElwynEvans said:

Found this video on Youtube that shows how to use the Deepcool RGB Converter on a 12v RGB Header motherboard and 5v ARGB fans working with Asus Aura Sync!

if only there was a list of them...

5vto12v.png