I am STUCK... HELP

Musabayov
17 minutes ago, Musabayov said:

I Can imagine.... Well... Not sure what to do now lol

Honestly there isn't a great or even good model to reccomend for you. You need to make up a list of wants and a list of things you can compromise on and realize that all of them are going to have significant compromises.

If you want portability you are either going to compromise power or thermals.

If you want power you are going to compromise on portability or thermals.

If you want thermals you are going to compromise on portability or power.

1 minute ago, markr54632 said:

Honestly there isn't a great or even good model to reccomend for you. You need to make up a list of wants and a list of things you can compromise on and realize that all of them are going 4o have significant compromises.

If you want portability you are either going to compromise power or thermals.

If you want power you are going to compromise on portability or thermals.

If you want thermals you are going to compromise on portability or power.

Thanks for your help !!

How about Dell XPS15 9570 with the GTX 1050ti?

I game... I edit... I work...

And yet there is no perfect laptop for all mentioned above in a small, thin and light form factor...

Im on that exact laptop, exact specs, 8th gen something or other 6 core i7, 1050ti, 4k display, 32 gb ram, 1th hd. I got it at costco for 2k.

It isnt a gaming laptop, its a work laptop, I'm a computer science student, and tabs are my jab, I multitask a ton, thus the ram.

But I can run overwatch on ultra at 60 fps, at 1080p, you can get playabek framerates at 4k too, Ive run Black OPs 4 on low at 70 fps, etc. It games well enough. Battery life while gaming is good, I was playing Final Fantasy 115 for 2 hours w/o realizing it wasnt plugged in, It left me at a bit under half battery. 

I dont like gta v, thus havent played it, sorry. 

The battery life in general is solid, even with the 4k display. I can get 5 hours easily, I just turn the brightness down and coast. 

There are quirks though, it doesnt go into sleep properly all the time. It boots crazy fast, but sometimes takes longer to go out of sleep than it does to boot.

Random audio bugs as well, If I close it, or it goes to sleep with my DAC plugged directly in it doesnt recognize it, and there are random crackles in the audio.

10 hours ago, Musabayov said:

Battery life as much as possible

Min how many hours? No preference on weight?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

2 hours ago, Lanciferp said:

It isnt a gaming laptop, its a work laptop

^^this

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

10 hours ago, Musabayov said:

Auros Gaming Box

^^this. If you don't game outside

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

Many pros, only thing is it's heavy and don't have good battery life

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

11 hours ago, GeneXiS_X said:

Min how many hours? No preference on weight?

6-8 hours, weight to be less than 5pounds

And yet there is no perfect laptop for all mentioned above in a small, thin and light form factor...

Hi Everyone,

I have posted quite a few times nwo about not being able to make up my mind on which laptop I wanna replace my Huawei Matebook X Pro with and I think I made a decision.

I would like to get the MSI GS65. I know it overheats, which I will be able to work with, however would this excessive heat while gaming affect overall performance of the machine and damage the internals in long term?

I do not game a lot, maybe 1-2 times a week for an hour or two, but I do a lot of media consumption, this is why I am looking for a thin and light gaming laptop, and also I love the keyboard and the design.

I heard a few times that the built quality is not the best and it produces different creaking sounds from the chassis. DOes anyone own this laptop?

My location is USA.

12 hours ago, GeneXiS_X said:

^^this. If you don't game outside

The only concern I have is that Huawei Matebook  X Pro has onle 2 Lanes on TB3, not 4 and I heard this will significantly affect the performance with the eGPU, especially considering that I will be mostly gaming on the internal monitor.

Anyone? :)

Hi Everyone,

I have posted quite a few times nwo about not being able to make up my mind on which laptop I wanna replace my Huawei Matebook X Pro with and I think I made a decision.

I would like to get the MSI GS65. I know it overheats, which I will be able to work with, however would this excessive heat while gaming affect overall performance of the machine and damage the internals in long term?

I do not game a lot, maybe 1-2 times a week for an hour or two, but I do a lot of media consumption, this is why I am looking for a thin and light gaming laptop, and also I love the keyboard and the design.

I heard a few times that the built quality is not the best and it produces different creaking sounds from the chassis. DOes anyone own this laptop?

My location is USA.

19 minutes ago, Musabayov said:

Hi Everyone,

My location is USA.

I've owned the gs70 w/ 5700hq & 970m 6gb

Do not reccomend.

Its reallly well built. but man is it loud. I've never had issues. but it gets HOT

As in, it almost felt like burning doing almost nothing.

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

17 minutes ago, Musabayov said:

-

im not the best at laptops so ill call this boi over

@GeneXiS_X

but do you have a budget

ill go with a base g65 stealth which is 1500 dollars

I would recommend going with the m15 from alienware since it is thin and has good thermals link

18 minutes ago, Musabayov said:

media consumptions doesnt utilize gpu 

if you want increased gaming preformance get an external gpu and plug it in whenever you need to play gamesyour matebook has thunderbolt right?

just get an external gpu and get more performance for a lower cost 300+600(used 1080ti) = 900 which is 600 dollars cheaper than buying a new laptop

https://www.amazon.com/Razer-Core-Thunderbolt-External-Enclosure/dp/B07CQG2K5K/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1545887037&sr=8-7&keywords=gpu+box

https://www.ebay.com/itm/MSI-NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-1080-Ti-Gaming-X-11GB-GDDR5X/332979135012?epid=245120001&hash=item4d871a6224:g:r~UAAOSwcf9cJBMB:rk:3:pf:0

Do not expect to use this in a quiet room. It is a very loud laptop. 50-70 degrees c while doing light web surfing is not unheard of.

As for the longevity, well heat kills components. These things have poor to no qc. If it lasts 2 years it has really done its job.

2 hours ago, Musabayov said:

would this excessive heat while gaming affect overall performance of the machine and damage the internals in long term?

In short, yes

I heard a few times that the built quality is not the best and it produces different creaking sounds from the chassis

Correct

thin and light gaming laptop

Budget? Preferred max weight in kg/lbs and min battery life in hours?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

12 hours ago, Musabayov said:

Huawei Matebook  X Pro has onle 2 Lanes on TB3

Only the MX150 model.

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

Gigabyte Aero 15w (I choose this rather than XPS 15 and X1 Extreme)

Note that thin and lights with good battery life don't have good cooling

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

Hello! I am a GS65 owner!

Yes, the GS65 produce lot of heat. But it can be managed. Now I'm testing some undervolt settings, and the laptop is really better.

I'm playing with Heroes Of The Storm, who's cpu intensive, Magic Arena, and some Indie Steam game. So, not, I'm not playing hard with it.

I tryed Black Desert Online too, before undervolt, and the fans goes spinning like hell! :D

If the machine will last overtime.. I really dont know. I purchased a 3 years extension indeed.

About built quality... it's not so bad. I think the display is a little frail...

Hi,

I am looking to get an MSI Laptop (because I love their per key RGB, IMHO), I want it to be fairly light and thin, with at least 1060. SUggestions? Budget =$1600

Any other laptop with a great per key RGB support is welcome...

Thanks

-= Merged Multiple Topics =-

The following topics have been merged;

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1013249-msi-gs65-recommendation/

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1013039-msi-gs65/

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1012567-pay-2000-for-msi-or-get-a-gaming-box/

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1012704-dell-xps-15-9570/

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1012180-i-am-stuck-help/

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1012698-help-in-choosing-a-laptop/

@Musabayov Please refrain from posting multiple threads of the same topic, it does nothing but create confusion in answering your question.

It also does get you answers faster. Lastly this type of posting is considered spamming and is not allowed.

Please review our forum guidelines the Community Standards [link found at the top of the page] for proper posting etiquette.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER