I am STUCK... HELP

Musabayov

Hi Everyone,

I recently bought 2 different laptops and ended up returning both:

Acer helios 300 - returned because of the bulkiness and overheating and the weight. Performance is amazing though.

Now I Have Huawei Matebook X Pro, which amazes me everyday by its portability and speeds, however I found it to be very fragile, it took 2 serious scrateches INSIDE of the carrying case by just touching the zipper from the inside... Plus the 2GB MX150 is not great for casual high quality gaming... I am not sure if getting an external GPU box will be beneficial and if it will let me play games on at least 60FPS on high to ultra settings?

If not, what would you recommend swapping it to? I was thinking Dell XPS 15, however it still has 1050ti which is a bit outdated and it is much pricier if lined up with the i7 of the Huawei Matebook X Pro.

I am really stuck, thinking at time I want a MBP 13 Dual Core version or Helios 500 - the beast..

I use my laptop for a lot of media consumption, but I would also like to start learning programming and advanced after effects on it. I do video editing from time to time on the APP and AAE, but this happens once or twice a year in 4k.

Please let me know your thoughts.

I game... I edit... I work...

And yet there is no perfect laptop for all mentioned above in a small, thin and light form factor...

3 minutes ago, Musabayov said:

If not, what would you recommend swapping it to? I was thinking Dell XPS 15, however it still has 1050ti which is a bit outdated and it is much pricier if lined up with the i7 of the Huawei Matebook X Pro.

The keyboard of the XPS 9570 is absolute garbage, it's really shallow and ruins the experience of the laptop.

How about a Lenovo 15" ThinkPad?

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

1 minute ago, r2724r16 said:

The keyboard of the XPS 9570 is absolute garbage, it's really shallow and ruins the experience of the laptop.

How about a Lenovo 15" ThinkPad?

you mean Carbon x1?

And yet there is no perfect laptop for all mentioned above in a small, thin and light form factor...

2 minutes ago, Musabayov said:

you mean Carbon x1?

Yep

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

1 minute ago, r2724r16 said:

Yep

No Dedicated GPU, means that APP performance will be even slower than on the MateBook X Pro... And pricier that the Huawei Matebook X Pro.

2 minutes ago, Musabayov said:

No Dedicated GPU, means that APP performance will be even slower than on the MateBook X Pro... And pricier that the Huawei Matebook X Pro.

Then how about a Carbon X1 Extreme?

4 minutes ago, r2724r16 said:

Then how about a Carbon X1 Extreme?

Well, that looks like a dream laptop for me, but too costy.. I am looking for something under $1700. Thought Razer Blade 15 could do, but then I was discouraged from buying it, because of the QC & QA

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

6 hours ago, Musabayov said:

snip

Location? Budget? Usage? Preferred max weight in kg/lbs and min battery life in hours? Any other requirements?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

15 hours ago, GeneXiS_X said:

Location? Budget? Usage? Preferred max weight in kg/lbs and min battery life in hours? Any other requirements?

Location USA, Budget $1700 incl tax, Usage - mostly media consumption, time to time gaming (high quality only) and sometimes video editing. Battery life as much as possible, since using it on the go is a priority. Perefrrably RGB keyboard, but that's just a nifty addition to have.

Hi,

I currently own a Huawei Matebook X Pro which is an amazing machine, however it doesn't do well when gaming on 2gb MX150.

I am thinking to either return this machine and pay $500 extra to get MSI GS65 Stelth Thin or to pay $499 to get Auros Gaming Box with GTX 1070 in it to use with my Huawei Matebook X Pro.

Your thoughts?

Games mostly played: GTA5, COD, Battlefield, Forza Horizon.

Just now, LukeSavenije said:

do you really need a laptop? or is a mitx/matx gaming pc good too?

Laptop -- always on the go :)

1 minute ago, Musabayov said:

Laptop -- always on the go :)

so no way for taking a screen with you? usb monitors exist too. but I would personally take a gamebox with a 1070 ti or 580/1060 6gb. assuming you have a good cpu in that matebook

its i7 8th gen U processor and 16gb of ram... Which small pcs would you suggest?

3 minutes ago, Musabayov said:

its i7 8th gen U processor and 16gb of ram... Which small pcs would you suggest?

i assume the 8750h or 8850h then? you could build one yourself, let one built or get a oem build. i would personally choose to build it yourself...

9 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

i assume the 8750h or 8850h then? you could build one yourself, let one built or get a oem build. i would personally choose to build it yourself...

Nope, it's i7-8550U

If you didnt like the thermals on the predator 300 from your last post, you are going to hate the thermals on the gs65.

Hi Everyone,

Is there anyone who owns Acer Helios 500 with GTX1070?

I was just wondering why is it on $300 discount on Amazon for over a month now... Is there something wrong with that unit?

Personally the Device looks like a best, not sure about the bulkiness of it...

Hi Everyone,

I currently have the Huawei Matebook X Pro, I love the laptop and the portability factor, bu just the fact that it is not a powerhouse that I used to own before I made a decision to switch to ultrabooks pisses me off (even though I am not using it fully yet)

I am tempted to go back to the world of bulkiness with Acer Predator Helios 500, but that device is not the best for media consumption simply because of the weight and the battery life.

I am also debating, whether or not I should switch to Mac and get a 2018 Macbook Pro 13 with a Quad Core Processor and then later on get myself a gaming ri, should I see a need for it.

Should I get Dell XPS 15 with the 1050ti? But the design is not as cool as Apple/Huawei..

Or should I just stick with my Huawei Matebook X Pro and get myself a gaming box...

I know there is no correct answer to this question but I would like your opinion as I am stuck.

4 hours ago, markr54632 said:

If you didnt like the thermals on the predator 300 from your last post, you are going to hate the thermals on the gs65.

I Can imagine.... Well... Not sure what to do now lol

Good Day Everyone,

Question regarding Dell XPS 15 9570 with the nVidia GTX 1050ti and i7 8th Gen

How does it Game?

Anyone has an experience gaming on the machine? How many FPS for say Gta V or etc. on Ultra?

And also how is the battery life?

Thanks

Having played overwatch on it, I'm pretty pleased in terms of high framerates. The color helps a lot

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Hello! I don't have any personal experience gaming on the XPS 15, however I can tell you that based off a system with a 1050ti and 8750H, you should be able to hit 60FPS on most games, although maybe not Ultra 1080p for GTA V specifically. I will say however that if gaming is your only goal look elsewhere. The battery life is great for a 15in and is definitely top 5 in that regard. This is all assuming that you are getting the 1080p non-touch model.

Current Desktop Build | 2200G | RX 580 4GB | 8GB RAM | CTRL | Logitech G Pro Wireless

Laptop | 2018 MBA 256/16GB | MX Master