Walmart patent to listen to every sound

Chalianna Cesaille
1 hour ago, Donut417 said:

So where exactly do you shop? You don't shop at Walmart or Amazon. 

Lol really? Like those are the only stores??

Lucky's Market, Sprouts, Publix, Best Buy, Newegg, to name a few and small local stores. Unfortunately sometimes i need something from Whole Foods and Amazon bought and ruined my favorite grocery store.

I order clothes direct from the makers in Australia and NZ, from small clothing makers. Shoes made in USA direct from NB.

No reason to go to a dump like walmart or amazon though.

2 hours ago, Amazonsucks said:

Lol really? Like those are the only stores??

Lucky's Market, Sprouts, Publix, Best Buy, Newegg, to name a few and small local stores. Unfortunately sometimes i need something from Whole Foods and Amazon bought and ruined my favorite grocery store.

I order clothes direct from the makers in Australia and NZ, from small clothing makers. Shoes made in USA direct from NB.

No reason to go to a dump like walmart or amazon though.

Where I live we have 2 walmarts, Aldis, Mejier and a Kroger. Kroger is more expensive, Mejier doesn't have shit on the shelf's half the time and Aldis charges you to use a cart and for bags (Cause these fucks think they are Comcast or something). So in some cases Walmart is the best option, at least for Groceries. Because unfortunately we dont have a grocery store in my home town. Health Department shut them down for selling expired meat and the city told the owner Go to Jail or GTFO Romulus. So they chose to GTFO option. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

3 hours ago, pinksnowbirdie said:

Of course Target and Costco offers more than just groceries and those other stores are mostly grocery oriented.

The Folks dont like Target, plus the nearest one is not close enough. The nearest Costco is like 30 min away from where I live. They have a distribution center in the area but have no clubs. Cause that makes a lot of sense. While we used to do Sams Club, they stopped carrying many of the things we used to buy and we basically didnt really see the benefit of the membership. 

9 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

Aldis charges you to use a cart and for bags (Cause these fucks think they are Comcast or something).

You get your Quarter back at the end of your shopping trip and to allow their low prices and pay the few employees they have on at one time what they pay them which is like $14-$18/hr, they need to cut overhead as much as possible

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

35 minutes ago, pinksnowbirdie said:

You get your Quarter back at the end of your shopping trip and to allow their low prices and pay the few employees they have on at one time what they pay them which is like $14-$18/hr, they need to cut overhead as much as possible

Yeah but Costco pays well and they dont need a quarter to use carts from what I read. Its a bullshit thing. Also they charge for bags and shit, while we do bring out own bags thats a non issue, if I wanted to be nicked and dimed, Id rent a modem From Comcast and rent TV boxes. Im so sick of companies pushing bull shit costs on to customers. Its called the cost of doing business. The fact is, this type of attitude is why we will never shop at Aldis.....ever. 

1 hour ago, Donut417 said:

The Folks dont like Target, plus the nearest one is not close enough. The nearest Costco is like 30 min away from where I live. They have a distribution center in the area but have no clubs. Cause that makes a lot of sense. While we used to do Sams Club, they stopped carrying many of the things we used to buy and we basically didnt really see the benefit of the membership. 

that's interesting lol

I still sorta like walmart, while plenty of trashy people do shop there. Most of the people Ive encountered while shopping there haven't been that terrible.

Also that sucks, the nearest one to me is just the next city over which is maybe a 10 minute drive.

Sams club is just Walmart but in the style of a Costco.

[Slightly political]

To me Target is what Walmart would be if it was run by Leftists. Because Target pays their employees just about the same as Walmart.

Here in Minnesota, the minimum wage is $9.50.

Target tends to start at $12/hr and Walmart hovers at around $11/hr to $11.50/hr

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

According to the NSA and CIA documents leaked by Edward Snowden, the NSA has, for years, been using tech that can pinpoint and identify individual people's voices out of a large soundscape.

Reportedly, the EU, China, Interpol, and others have versions of the same technology.

If this is the same as what Walmart is seeking to patent, then I expect that Walmart wouldn't be able to patent technology that they didn't invent and weren't the first to use.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

On 12/25/2018 at 3:13 AM, Donut417 said:

Yeah but Costco pays well and they dont need a quarter to use carts from what I read. Its a bullshit thing. Also they charge for bags and shit, while we do bring out own bags thats a non issue, if I wanted to be nicked and dimed, Id rent a modem From Comcast and rent TV boxes. Im so sick of companies pushing bull shit costs on to customers. Its called the cost of doing business. The fact is, this type of attitude is why we will never shop at Aldis.....ever. 

So bringing your own bags negates them charging for a bag (could probably find more change walking along the street but w/e) but you're also bitching about something you are able to get back after a shop ??

wtf?

Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530

50 minutes ago, Noctus said:

So bringing your own bags negates them charging for a bag (could probably find more change walking along the street but w/e) but you're also bitching about something you are able to get back after a shop ??

wtf?

I don't carry cash. Simple. Even if I did I don't carry change. Plus if other stores can provide cart use without a quarter then they can. As I stated above we have bags. But we only have so many. Plus bags at Meijer, Kroger, Walmart and Target are free. 

6 hours ago, Delicieuxz said:

If this is the same as what Walmart is seeking to patent, then I expect that Walmart wouldn't be able to patent technology that they didn't invent and weren't the first to use.

Not like intel agencies or the original creators would be able to sue; that would definitively reveal the existence of the technology. Even if snowden leaked it, they have to give the "can't confirm/can't deny" answer unless it's been officially declassified.

39 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

I don't carry cash. Simple. Even if I did I don't carry change. Plus if other stores can provide cart use without a quarter then they can. As I stated above we have bags. But we only have so many. Plus bags at Meijer, Kroger, Walmart and Target are free. 

You have bigger issues if you cant carry a spare quarter for a cart lol. You have a limited amount of bags? Reuse them? That's really the whole point of charging for a bag, to deter you to collecting 60 million plastic bags everytime you shop (aka helping the environment etc etc yadda yadda). Grab a "bag for life" and if you're actually careful with it, it'll last you a looong time.

Bet you split the bill to the last penny with mates aswel.

Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530

On 12/24/2018 at 1:48 AM, RejZoR said:

everyone is stepping over it in recent months for the past ten years when it comes to basic privacy.

FTFY

My Rig:

-i7 7700k @ 4.8 Ghz, delid

-ASRock Z270-ITX/ac mobo 

-16GB G.Skill Ripjaws V @ 3000Mhz

-RX 580 Sapphire Nitro+

-240 AIO, Celsius S24

-Crucial MX300 525GB, 2TB HDD

-Fractal Design Define Nano S

-650 80+ Gold semi modular from EVGA

-1080p 75Hz dell monitor

On 12/24/2018 at 10:13 PM, Donut417 said:

Yeah but Costco pays well and they dont need a quarter to use carts from what I read.

But... costco is a paid membership... So a quarter you get back, plus reusable bags for a few bucks once, assuming you don't already have any, that's a lot cheaper than 60/month to access costco's bags...

Insanity is not the absence of sanity, but the willingness to ignore it for a purpose. Chaos is the result of this choice. I relish in both.

5 hours ago, Jtalk4456 said:

But... costco is a paid membership... So a quarter you get back, plus reusable bags for a few bucks once, assuming you don't already have any, that's a lot cheaper than 60/month to access costco's bags...

I dont shop at Costco. If you read I dont have one near me. We have a Distribution Center but no clubs. Nearest one is like 30 min a way depending on how many retards are on I275 on that given day. 

We shop pretty much at Walmart for 98% of the grocery's and at Meijer specifically for Milk because they have the best milk. 

Being awarded a patent these days means very little, being able to defend it is where the money is.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

15 hours ago, Donut417 said:

I dont shop at Costco. If you read I dont have one near me. We have a Distribution Center but no clubs. Nearest one is like 30 min a way depending on how many retards are on I275 on that given day. 

We shop pretty much at Walmart for 98% of the grocery's and at Meijer specifically for Milk because they have the best milk. 

that kinda missed my point... you argued that costco had no problems paying its workers well AND offering bags. My point was they can do that because they charge a membership fee, which goes to the higher staff pay.

Insanity is not the absence of sanity, but the willingness to ignore it for a purpose. Chaos is the result of this choice. I relish in both.

Just me that realises the potential fun we could have with this.... 

DISCLAIMER 

Everything i say is my own opinion. So if you disagree with what I post, you are wrong. 

10 minutes ago, Jtalk4456 said:

that kinda missed my point... you argued that costco had no problems paying its workers well AND offering bags. My point was they can do that because they charge a membership fee, which goes to the higher staff pay.

Sam's club is the same way. But they don't pay their staff shit. At least they didn't when I worked there. So your point don't work. Because the costs difference between memberships was like $5-$10. 

On 12/23/2018 at 8:30 PM, TetraSky said:

Good walmart employees are few and far between, the ones who actually love their jobs are even rarer.

And I don't know about you guys, but when I go to walmart, I don't usually have a great experience.

Be it because other clients are assholes who are seemingly unaware that there are other people in this world who might want to FUCKING PASS IN THE AISLE WITHOUT YOUR GOD DAMN CART TAKING THE ENTIRE SPACE! MOVE TO THE SIDE! Or just plain never finding what you're looking for because they STILL haven't implemented a system that tell you which aisle an item is. (Like what CanadianTire has on their website, they also have terminals in stores to look shit up too)

The people in the isle is just something YOU need to get over. You aren't the only person who matters and people will need to grab stuff from time to time blocking your way.

My biggest complaint with Walmart in my area is the employees are clueless. They hand out the Manager title like candy and you have to get a key holding Manager to get anything done. If you have to return something be prepared for drama in most cases. An example of this was I witnessed someone returning a broken Roku they purchased on black friday and was told he could not exchange it for an identical product because of the difference in price... they told him he would have to pay the difference to get it. This poor guy was going to just leave with the broken Roku before I interjected on his behalf.

Then you have the whole receipt at the door nonsense. They think it is somehow the LAW that I show them my receipt when asked and apparently haven't heard of "Shopkeepers Privilege" laws. Meaning I am not required to show my receipt unless it is something I agreed to (like Sams or Cosco). Now they could attempt to detain me, but they need proof I committed a crime. Anyways I always refuse to show my receipt on principle. We have already given the government more power than it needs and I'll be damned if I will help Walmart employees feel they have the right to demand things of me.

In the end I think Walmart is far from perfect, but it does serve a purpose and can be really convenient. I think they probably don't pay the employees enough and should probably educate and screen them a little more, but that can be said for most places at this level.

2 hours ago, Donut417 said:

Sam's club is the same way. But they don't pay their staff shit. At least they didn't when I worked there. So your point don't work. Because the costs difference between memberships was like $5-$10. 

and that's a choice sam's makes, a stupid one. but my point that aldi's charging for bags still makes sense because aldi's doesn't have a membership fee and they pay their workers well so they're not making as big of a profit margin as a store that get's $60/month from every shopper. Also consider part of aldi's decision is about sustainability, not just cost. 

Just another reason to not go to Walmart can't remember the last time I actually went into one. 

3 hours ago, AngryBeaver said:

The people in the isle is just something YOU need to get over. You aren't the only person who matters and people will need to grab stuff from time to time blocking your way.

Just like they aren't the only people who matter. I get needing to stop to grab stuff. But park your damn cart to the sides. The aisles are large enough to easily allow two carts+one person to go through.
Yet they just straight up stop in the middle without a care in the world, blocking both ways not just for me but other clients as well and being an annoyance to EVERYONE.
It's not rare for a large line of people spouting hateful comments under their breath to form while waiting for this one person to move.
Then when asked if they could move to the side so you can pass, they look at you like you're asking them for their first born and reluctantly move their cart. (Some do realize they are in the wrong and excuse themselves, but they are rare)
I ALWAYS move my cart to the side of the aisle closest to the shelves with the items I need when I stop, exactly to let other people pass, because I was raised right and realize I'm not alone in this world.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

2 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

Just like they aren't the only people who matter. I get needing to stop to grab stuff. But park your damn cart to the sides. The aisles are large enough to easily allow two carts+one person to go through.
Yet they just straight up stop in the middle without a care in the world, blocking both ways not just for me but other clients and being an annoyance to EVERYONE.
Then when asked if they could move to the side so you can pass, they look at you like you're asking them for their first born and reluctantly move their cart. (Some do realize they are in the wrong and excuse themselves, but they are rare)
I ALWAYS move my cart to the side of the aisle closest to the shelves with the items I need when I stop, exactly to let other people pass, because I was raised right and realize I'm not alone in this world.

Well I feel you are either exaggerating this issue greatly or have no patience. I can count on one hand the amount of times in my LIFE that I have actually had someone do this to the point I got annoyed or found it rude.

They are either leaving their card in the middle for a second to grab an item quickly off the shelf, standing there in the middle trying to figure out where something is (this doesn't take long either), or leaving their card in the middle of the isle as they go walking around (I will push the cart to the side and carry on). Now if you are referring to people who keep stopping in random places and intervals because they are texting... now that is annoying and I am quick to tell them to either shop or text, but not both.

I get more annoyed with people who are just being dicks to others because they can, people who have kids that were apparently raised with no discipline, and lastly kids who are being disrespectful little shits to adults. Those three things will generally warrant my attention to the point I WILL say something... then again I probably should learn to be more PC about those things.

I guess my take away from this is that I direct my attention towards things people are doing deliberately. In the majority of cases forgetting your cart in the middle of the isle isn't one of those things.

On 12/24/2018 at 6:29 AM, ElfFriend said:

That's it. Time to learn a really uncommon language such as Latin, Sindarin, Quenya, Mandalorian, Sith, Huttese, Shyriiwook, etc and convince all my friends/family to do so too so it'll be harder for people to eavesdrop on our communications.

Might I recommend Esperanto?
It really throws people off because one second it can sound a lot like Spanish or Portuguese, then it throws in some Italian and German like sounds. I doubt there are any speech recognition programs for it. It also has the added bonus of being modern and continually updated so you don't end up with obvious English in the middle of the sentence for words that don't exist in the language.
" Mi volas aĉeti novan grafikan karton por mia komputilo. "