Super Off Topic: purchase piece of forest for conservation?

Does anyone know of a charity that allows one to purchase a few square feet of a forest for conservation, similar to how it is possible to sponsor a member of an endangered species? Purchasing a piece of ocean for cleaning or supporting bee programs would also be awesome. If you want to know where I'd like to do this I live in California, but I don't care too much about location--california already does a lot for wildlife conservation.

Ryzen 7 3700X

Aorus GTX 1080ti

G.Skill TridentZ 3200MHz 2x8GB

Corsair SFX 750W

Phanteks Evolve Shift Air (glass front)

2x Corsair Force GS 120GB SSD (RAID 0)

Most of those are a scam. Another scam is the buy a herd of goats. The most prevalent scam is save a child, all the while the workers are getting paid $15/hour if not $20/hr. There is a list of good charitable organizations with public numbers on the percent that goes to the cause, and the overhead. Those are the ones to give your hard earned cash to.

2 hours ago, Canada EH said:

Most of those are a scam. Another scam is the buy a herd of goats. The most prevalent scam is save a child, all the while the workers are getting paid $15/hour if not $20/hr. There is a list of good charitable organizations with public numbers on the percent that goes to the cause, and the overhead. Those are the ones to give your hard earned cash to.

I understand that many are scams, which is why I came to ask for personal recommendations. Rainforest Alliance has a good rating on charity watch, and Frangiosa Farms seems trustworthy--I mean, they were on NPR after all. 

Ryzen 7 3700X

Aorus GTX 1080ti

G.Skill TridentZ 3200MHz 2x8GB

Corsair SFX 750W

Phanteks Evolve Shift Air (glass front)

2x Corsair Force GS 120GB SSD (RAID 0)