Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jtbtroon

LTT Store - Expensive Shipping

19 minutes ago, Spotty said:

*snip*

As I already mentioned, small package option with Canada post has no tracking or coverage. And I do agree it's too expensive as it currently stands, but there's realistically no option for them to ship this internationally (with tracking and coverage) for under $15.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

VPN server guide

Guide to run any software as Admin

NiceHash Mining Guide

Ethereum Mining Guide

Spoiler

My Gaming Rig - Motherboard: MSI Z370-A PRO CPU: i7-8700 RAM: 32GB DDR4 2400(4x8GB) GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1060 3GB OS SSD: 240GB Avexir E100 Storage: 2x 1TB Seagate PSU: Seasonic G650 OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bits Monitor: Acer 21in G205H + Lenovo 21in

Just now, wkdpaul said:

As I already mentioned, small package option with Canada post has no tracking or coverage. And I do agree it's too expensive as it currently stands, but there's realistically no option for them to ship this internationally (with tracking and coverage) for under $15.

Why not offer shipping options with and without tracking?

In my experience tracking is essentially useless for the customer anyway, especially with international orders. It shows "Has been received by shipping company", then 3 weeks later "Has arrived at your local depot", then next day "On board with courier driver for delivery".

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x8GB 3000MHz G.Skill Ripjaws 5 | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Corsair H100i AIO | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB | HDD: Seagate Ironwolf 8TB + 2x Seagate Ironwolf 6TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

13 minutes ago, wkdpaul said:

Decided to check the shipping rates from Store.Gamersnexus.net to Australia.

International Plus (Tracking Until Delivery)
$12.99

image.png.0f774f94eaae42809ba8480116f8a8ef.png

$13 USD for shipping (with full tracking) to Australia (Not including local taxes and import duties). That's $51 USD cheaper than shipping from LTTstore.com.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x8GB 3000MHz G.Skill Ripjaws 5 | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Corsair H100i AIO | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB | HDD: Seagate Ironwolf 8TB + 2x Seagate Ironwolf 6TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

1 hour ago, Spotty said:

*snip*

Unless I'm mistaken, they're based in the US, not in Canada.

Prices in Canada for anything and everything tends to be higher than in the US, that includes shipping.

VPN server guide

NiceHash Mining Guide

Ethereum Mining Guide

Spoiler

My Gaming Rig - Motherboard: MSI Z370-A PRO CPU: i7-8700 RAM: 32GB DDR4 2400(4x8GB) GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1060 3GB OS SSD: 240GB Avexir E100 Storage: 2x 1TB Seagate PSU: Seasonic G650 OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bits Monitor: Acer 21in G205H + Lenovo 21in

2 minutes ago, wkdpaul said:

Unless I'm mistaken, they're based in the US, not in Canada.

Prices in Canada for anything and everything tends to be higher than in the US, that includes shipping.

I'm willing to accept that things in Canada cost more than in US, but 500% more expensive? $13 USD shipping vs $64 USD shipping? If there is such a drastic price difference between US & Canada then LTT should look in to using a US supplier to fulfil the merch orders for them.

24 minutes ago, Spotty said:

*snip*

As one that has complained for decades about this I actually find it amusing that it's news to the rest of the world 😛

yes, it's annoying, but it's the sad reality of the Canadian market. Even when our $ was at par with the USD, everything was costing more, some items were as much as double the price.

Also, Canada Post prices are ridiculously expensive, I remember reading that some Canadian companies near the US border will actually "export" their shipment to the US (they send an employee with a truck full of shipment) and ship from the US, back to Canada ... And despite all the costs involved and logistics involved, they save a lot of money!

So because of that, my guess is that 3rd party shipping company don't have to advertise USA level pricing to be competitive within the Canadian market.

BTW, this is something I'm all too familiar with since I had an eBay store more than a decade ago and had to deal with that problem myself.

Edited by wkdpaul

VPN server guide

NiceHash Mining Guide

Ethereum Mining Guide

Spoiler

2 hours ago, wkdpaul said:

there's realistically no option for them to ship this internationally (with tracking and coverage) for under $15.

Then give the option to ship without tracking.
Or @LinusTech can send me a bunch of shirts and I ship them from the US for them for $14 shipping that includes tracking with usps. I ship orders internationally all the time with my etsy business.

Heck, I even know someone who lives in Canada and just drives to the nearest usps store across the border once a week to drop off international shipments.

Two shirts and two packs of ties... wasn't unreasonable to the midwest US. I think being in Cannuckistan and using UPS hurts, shame there's no US based outlet for them. But it wouldn't be LTT if we didn't have an avenue to complain aboooot something between the US and CA!

ship.jpg

I took a look at a few other outfits with the same kinda system the whole webstore is a carbon copy for all that use this sytem the shipping from everyone eles was 8.95 to canada for me

I could ship a t-shirt to Canada for £11.15 with tracking (excluding customs fees). That's 19.30 CAD.

Spoiler

785031994_Screenshot(9).png.57505cc13fcd2e9f15acb4454b78948d.png

I still can't figure out why it's so expensive. I'm actually cringing from thinking about $64 shipping for a damn shirt.

Why can't this stuff just be sent from the US?

My PC:

Spoiler

CPU: i5 4460

Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M-HD3

RAM: 8GB AMD DDR3 1600MHz

GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 960 2GB

Case: In Win Mana 136

Storage: Crucial MX500 250GB + WD Blue 1TB

PSU: Corsair CX450M

Monitor: Blaupunkt 32" TV + Samsung S24D590L 

Cooling: Knockoff of an Intel stock cooler

Keyboard: Steelseries Apex M500 (Cherry MX Red, UK layout)

Mouse: Corsair Scimitar Pro RGB

My phone:

Spoiler

Samsung Galaxy Note 9 (N960F)

CPU: Samsung Exynos 9810

RAM: 6GB

GPU: Mali-G72 MP18

Storage: 128GB internal storage + 128GB Samsung microSD card

My laptop:

Spoiler

Acer Nitro 5

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2500U

RAM: 8GB DDR4

GPU: AMD Radeon RX 560X

Storage: 1TB HDD

20 minutes ago, zaisaroni said:

Two shirts and two packs of ties... wasn't unreasonable to the midwest US. I think being in Cannuckistan and using UPS hurts, shame there's no US based outlet for them. But it wouldn't be LTT if we didn't have an avenue to complain aboooot something between the US and CA!

ship.jpg

$8.74 is pretty good. It's only when shipping to Europe, Australia/NZ and Asia that shipping costs become an issue because of import charges and air mail prices.

My PC:

Spoiler

CPU: i5 4460

Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M-HD3

RAM: 8GB AMD DDR3 1600MHz

GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 960 2GB

Case: In Win Mana 136

Storage: Crucial MX500 250GB + WD Blue 1TB

PSU: Corsair CX450M

Monitor: Blaupunkt 32" TV + Samsung S24D590L 

Cooling: Knockoff of an Intel stock cooler

Keyboard: Steelseries Apex M500 (Cherry MX Red, UK layout)

Mouse: Corsair Scimitar Pro RGB

My phone:

Spoiler

Samsung Galaxy Note 9 (N960F)

CPU: Samsung Exynos 9810

RAM: 6GB

GPU: Mali-G72 MP18

Storage: 128GB internal storage + 128GB Samsung microSD card

My laptop:

Spoiler

Acer Nitro 5

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2500U

RAM: 8GB DDR4

GPU: AMD Radeon RX 560X

Storage: 1TB HDD

There is a shipping forwarder in the US called Shipito. They collect a fee of $2 US + shipping fee (from $15 US to Germany). That's still about $25 ($8 to US, $17 US to Germany (that's where I live in, but other European countries are similar)) not including taxes, but that's way cheaper than the $50 US charged when shipping directly. 

On 12/29/2018 at 9:40 PM, Spotty said:

I'm willing to accept that things in Canada cost more than in US, but 500% more expensive? $13 USD shipping vs $64 USD shipping? If there is such a drastic price difference between US & Canada then LTT should look in to using a US supplier to fulfil the merch orders for them.

Welcome to Canada

If FedEx ships it, you will be paying even more!

Smart idea, drop shipping merch from the US to the US would be a smart move, all depends on how they want to do it and make a profit, thats what business is all about, profit.

On 12/30/2018 at 6:50 PM, Ryzza5 said:

Why not produce the merch in another country that has much more reasonable shipping costs globally?

I am sure the garments are produced by child labor in a 3rd world country, then the items are dropped off to be printed somewhere in the USA from a company that does that sort of thing. Could probably have a small company in Vancouver do up limited quantities for all the Canucks, then the margins would be different. Not much of a good deal with the time involved.

On 12/28/2018 at 12:17 PM, SansVarnic said:

SHipping is just plain expensive.

Especially international shipping, that costs even more.

Well lots of shipping is FREE from CHINA, which I wonder how they even make money! Like I purchased a $1.00USD plastic pointer from China with FREE SHIPPING.

17 hours ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Especially international shipping, that costs even more.

yep, I bought a pc case from Parvum in the UK and they charged me 53-55 (cant remember cause conversion changes) to ship a flat packed case to the us

College student getting his Information Systems Degree, Furry, Gamer, Amateur Poet

Luna

Intel Core i9 7940x, Custom Water Loop, EVGA x299 Micro, 4x8 GB kit of Gskill Trident Z RGB DDR4-3000, Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme 1080ti, 3 Tb's of SSD storage, 5TB HDD, 850 Watt EVGA Supernova g3, all inside a black and purple r1 from Parvum Systems

Laptops:

Anubis: Powerspec 1510 (sager NP8157)

Lucario: Razer Blade Stealth v4 (base model) this is my daily driver

I should point out the shipping on the site is much better now at 14.32 not as good as other YouTubers shipping fees from there stores but good enough This sis shipping cost to Canada Cariboo BC area

Ayyyyy I'm in the cariboo area too what up what up

Good to see shipping is somewhat more reasonable

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

On 12/23/2018 at 1:06 AM, imreloadin said:

Sure if you want it to take a month to get to you maybe xD

Where I'm from (Israel), a month is perfectly legit. I'd wait even three if it means free shipping. Or pay 10 dollars to get it in a month.

Shipping here from ltt costs 78$, because it's the priority express VIP make America great again solid gold rate. I can go for something less XE.  (Xtreme edition)

I once gave Luke and Linus pizza.

Proud member of the ITX club.

**SCRAPYARD WARS!!!!**

#BringBackLuke

On 1/18/2019 at 3:05 AM, Canada EH said:

Well lots of shipping is FREE from CHINA, which I wonder how they even make money! Like I purchased a $1.00USD plastic pointer from China with FREE SHIPPING.

Because the local post services are forced to handle it outside of China. Luke and Linus talked about it on the wan show back when prime increased to 100$

I once gave Luke and Linus pizza.

Proud member of the ITX club.

**SCRAPYARD WARS!!!!**

#BringBackLuke

You guys know there are alternatives for international shipping? Its not only Canada Post and UPS right? UPS outside of the Americas is quite expensive and quite slow. In Europe I'd prefer DHL. I see that it costs 13 euro's to probably ship a t-shirt and 24 if I do like 5 or so. And there's probably more transporters (with tracking) that you could check out. I think it would be wise to do so, especially for Europe.

And perhaps it would be better to have a broker in Europe to ship there as I can imagine more European fans want the shirt(s). As far as I can see every shirt costs 50 bucks to ship to the Netherlands, so I don't think it will be something I will be doing any time soon.