LTT Store - Expensive Shipping

jtbtroon

I could ship a t-shirt to Canada for £11.15 with tracking (excluding customs fees). That's 19.30 CAD.

Spoiler

785031994_Screenshot(9).png.57505cc13fcd2e9f15acb4454b78948d.png

I still can't figure out why it's so expensive. I'm actually cringing from thinking about $64 shipping for a damn shirt.

Why can't this stuff just be sent from the US?

20 minutes ago, zaisaroni said:

Two shirts and two packs of ties... wasn't unreasonable to the midwest US. I think being in Cannuckistan and using UPS hurts, shame there's no US based outlet for them. But it wouldn't be LTT if we didn't have an avenue to complain aboooot something between the US and CA!

ship.jpg

$8.74 is pretty good. It's only when shipping to Europe, Australia/NZ and Asia that shipping costs become an issue because of import charges and air mail prices.

Why not produce the merch in another country that has much more reasonable shipping costs globally?

• 2 weeks later...

There is a shipping forwarder in the US called Shipito. They collect a fee of $2 US + shipping fee (from $15 US to Germany). That's still about $25 ($8 to US, $17 US to Germany (that's where I live in, but other European countries are similar)) not including taxes, but that's way cheaper than the $50 US charged when shipping directly. 

On 12/29/2018 at 9:40 PM, Spotty said:

I'm willing to accept that things in Canada cost more than in US, but 500% more expensive? $13 USD shipping vs $64 USD shipping? If there is such a drastic price difference between US & Canada then LTT should look in to using a US supplier to fulfil the merch orders for them.

Welcome to Canada

If FedEx ships it, you will be paying even more!

Smart idea, drop shipping merch from the US to the US would be a smart move, all depends on how they want to do it and make a profit, thats what business is all about, profit.

On 12/30/2018 at 6:50 PM, Ryzza5 said:

Why not produce the merch in another country that has much more reasonable shipping costs globally?

I am sure the garments are produced by child labor in a 3rd world country, then the items are dropped off to be printed somewhere in the USA from a company that does that sort of thing. Could probably have a small company in Vancouver do up limited quantities for all the Canucks, then the margins would be different. Not much of a good deal with the time involved.

On 12/28/2018 at 12:17 PM, SansVarnic said:

SHipping is just plain expensive.

Especially international shipping, that costs even more.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

Well lots of shipping is FREE from CHINA, which I wonder how they even make money! Like I purchased a $1.00USD plastic pointer from China with FREE SHIPPING.

17 hours ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Especially international shipping, that costs even more.

yep, I bought a pc case from Parvum in the UK and they charged me 53-55 (cant remember cause conversion changes) to ship a flat packed case to the us

College student getting his Information Systems Degree, Furry, Gamer, Amateur Poet

Luna

Intel Core i9 7940x, Custom Water Loop, EVGA x299 Micro, 4x8 GB kit of Gskill Trident Z RGB DDR4-3000, Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme 1080ti, 3 Tb's of SSD storage, 5TB HDD, 850 Watt EVGA Supernova g3, all inside a black and purple r1 from Parvum Systems

Laptops:

Anubis: Powerspec 1510 (sager NP8157)

Lucario: Razer Blade Stealth v4 (base model) this is my daily driver

I should point out the shipping on the site is much better now at 14.32 not as good as other YouTubers shipping fees from there stores but good enough This sis shipping cost to Canada Cariboo BC area

Ayyyyy I'm in the cariboo area too what up what up

Good to see shipping is somewhat more reasonable

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

On 12/23/2018 at 1:06 AM, imreloadin said:

Sure if you want it to take a month to get to you maybe xD

Where I'm from (Israel), a month is perfectly legit. I'd wait even three if it means free shipping. Or pay 10 dollars to get it in a month.

Shipping here from ltt costs 78$, because it's the priority express VIP make America great again solid gold rate. I can go for something less XE.  (Xtreme edition)

I once gave Luke and Linus pizza.

Proud member of the ITX club.

**SCRAPYARD WARS!!!!**

#BringBackLuke

On 1/18/2019 at 3:05 AM, Canada EH said:

Well lots of shipping is FREE from CHINA, which I wonder how they even make money! Like I purchased a $1.00USD plastic pointer from China with FREE SHIPPING.

Because the local post services are forced to handle it outside of China. Luke and Linus talked about it on the wan show back when prime increased to 100$

I once gave Luke and Linus pizza.

Proud member of the ITX club.

**SCRAPYARD WARS!!!!**

#BringBackLuke

You guys know there are alternatives for international shipping? Its not only Canada Post and UPS right? UPS outside of the Americas is quite expensive and quite slow. In Europe I'd prefer DHL. I see that it costs 13 euro's to probably ship a t-shirt and 24 if I do like 5 or so. And there's probably more transporters (with tracking) that you could check out. I think it would be wise to do so, especially for Europe.

And perhaps it would be better to have a broker in Europe to ship there as I can imagine more European fans want the shirt(s). As far as I can see every shirt costs 50 bucks to ship to the Netherlands, so I don't think it will be something I will be doing any time soon.

• 1 month later...

It finally happened: Shipping is now much cheaper with Canda Post international shipping being available (at least for shipping to Europe)! For me it's 8$ for shipping to Germany.

3 minutes ago, Amin. said:

It finally happened: Shipping is now much cheaper with Canda Post international shipping being available (at least for shipping to Europe)! For me it's 8$ for shipping to Germany.

Yep! Showing $8 USD shipping for me as well (Australia)

image.png.314387d5f581f2907360e8c2818a39a9.png

Glad to see LTT were able to offer different shipping methods.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

On 12/22/2018 at 11:04 PM, jtbtroon said:

Just tried to buy a t-shirt on the new LTTStore and get it shipped to the UK. $20 for the shirt and $48 for the shipping! Unfortunately, I can't justify that. Any plans to adjust the shipping costs to make it more affordable?

Thanks in advance.

Why not set up a deal with a UK based clothing printing company and ship european and other orders from there? The clothing would be created based on the original designs and quality and the shipping problem would be solved.

On 12/25/2018 at 2:51 PM, dizmo said:

Tax on a $20 item shouldn't be much.

In the UK I think we would have to pay VAT as well as the charges for boarder force and the handling fee from RM

I make intelligent lights do cool things

• 2 months later...

Bump.

Shipping costs for the Netherlands is still 50 bucks,

Don't know about the rest.

One piece of insight I would like to offer for you all.

Shipping from the US is insanely cheap. When I mean insanely cheap, I mean comparing it to other countries makes them look like they're getting robbed.

You may be able to send a parcel to Canada for $11, but that does not work the other way.

Source: I am an Ex UPS store employee. I handled most of the international shipments.

Brands I wholeheartedly reccomend (though do have flawed products): Apple, Razer, Corsair, Asus, Gigabyte, bequiet!, Noctua, Fractal, GSkill (RAM only)

Wall Of Fame (Informative people/People I like): @Glenwing @DrMacintosh @Schnoz @TempestCatto @LogicalDrm @Dan Castellaneta

Useful threads: 

How To Make Your Own Cloud Storage

Spoiler

Guide to Display Cables/Adapters

Spoiler

PSU Tier List (Latest)-

Spoiler

Main PC: See spoiler tag

Laptop: 2020 iPad Pro 12.9" with Magic Keyboard

Spoiler

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/gKh8zN

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core OEM/Tray Processor  (Purchased For $419.99) 
Motherboard: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Formula ATX AM4 Motherboard  (Purchased For $356.99) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (Purchased For $130.00) 
Storage: Kingston Predator 240 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $40.00) 
Storage: Crucial MX300 1.05 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Storage: Western Digital Red 8 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  (Purchased For $180.00) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB WINDFORCE Video Card  (Purchased For $370.00) 
Case: Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C ATX Mid Tower Case  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMi 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (Purchased For $120.00) 
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  (Purchased For $75.00) 
Total: $1891.98
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-04-02 19:59 EDT-0400

身のなわたしはる果てぞ  悲しわたしはかりけるわたしは

Here in the UK anything over £18 gets charged VAT (20%) if it comes from outside of the EU... So you'd think that a $20 dollar shirt will be fine... Nope... they calculate the value of the item INCLUDING the postal charges. and they add that 20% on to the total amount.

So that $20 t-shirt that's also $28 shipping means you get taxed on $48.

Now I just checked something and the exchange rate if you buy through paypal today was 1.21... as LTT charge in USD rather than CDN for some bizarre reason (I checked).

So that $48 comes to £39 for a single T-shirt... Then on top of that £39, you have to add 20% which takes that to over £46 and then those lovely people at the Royal Mail have their handling fee on top of that... because they assume responsibility for the import fee and then try to get it out of you. I'm not sure at this moment what that fee is as I've not bought anything recently that's got hit with the charge... could be a fixed fee or it could be another % tacked on.

They'd have to come wrapped in gold to justify that kind of price. You can get high quality t-shirts with designs on them for less than £15-20 here.

Now there is a way to get around it... it's a technicality and only really applies if you know the sender.... Items marked as a 'gift' have a £36 limit rather than £17 before import duty is applied.

I've had friends send me stuff from the US in the past, marked as gifts or samples and they'd put a lower value of the item on it... but if it's damaged you can't claim for a higher value item.

So the only thing to do... is not purchase anything and save your money... Because £50 for a bloody t-shirt is ridiculous, no t-shirt is worth that kind of money.. no matter what 'brand' is on the label.

System 1: Gigabyte Aorus B450 Pro, Ryzen 5 2600X, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3200mhz, Sapphire 5700XT, 250GB NVME WD Black, 2x Crucial MX5001TB, 2x Seagate 3TB, H115i AIO, Sharkoon BW9000 case with corsair ML fans, EVGA G2 Gold 650W Modular PSU, liteon bluray/dvd/rw.. NO RGB aside from MB and AIO pump. Triple 27" Monitor setup (1x 144hz, 2x 75hz, all freesync/freesync 2)

System 2: Asus M5 MB, AMD FX8350, 16GB DDR3, Sapphire RX580, 30TB of storage, 250GB SSD, Silverstone HTPC chassis, Corsair 550W Modular PSU, Noctua cooler, liteon bluray/dvd/rw, 4K HDR display (Samsung TV)

System 3 & 4: nVidia shield TV (2017 & 2019) Pro with extra 128GB samsung flash drives.

On 12/22/2018 at 11:04 PM, jtbtroon said:

Just tried to buy a t-shirt on the new LTTStore and get it shipped to the UK. $20 for the shirt and $48 for the shipping! Unfortunately, I can't justify that. Any plans to adjust the shipping costs to make it more affordable?

Thanks in advance.

I too live in the uk and just ordered one of the shirts the other day. I chose the cheapest option of $7 for shipping and the item arrived within a week. It was something like Canada small parcel international air. Theres nothing wrong with the cheap option.