LTT Store - Expensive Shipping

jtbtroon

Considering shipping is same to Europe, I'm starting to think that store is still under construction and insane pricing is there to prevent anyone from ordering (and being disappointed) before they get things running. So its as live as it can be, but since they don't really have anything available yet, they try to prevent you from purchasing anything. I remember reading that delivery date for some early items was March 2019.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

8 hours ago, Wintyr said:

I am 6'7 if i ever meet Colten I am going to sit on him.  I gota wonder if they even look at this stuff.

Because they totally have control over government fees and shipping rates.

11 minutes ago, Mooshi said:

They're using UPS. Use a different courier. IF the warehouse is located in the US, use USPS. If the warehouse is in BC, use Canada Post.

It does not cost $40 USD to ship a T-Shirt from US to Canada, let alone from Canada to Canada. Worst case? $15 for shipping. And that's from US to Canada.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Shipping is fine on my side of the country

QVYbRNq.png

Surely it's a bug? I'd understand for international shipping, but it makes no sense for BC to be that expensive.
Also, quite frankly, it'd likely cost less to ship through Canada Post, especially with business discount. UPS has always been more expensive when I wanted to ship something.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Edit: nvm

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

Haha, I understand international shipping being expensive...but that is just straight up broken.
If you have issue like that, you should take @CPotter orrr...he's the only one I can think of.

1 hour ago, Mooshi said:

They absolutely have choices when it comes to choosing the courier, thus have a choice when it comes to shipping rates.

There are no government fees included in what was shown here.

1 hour ago, dalekphalm said:

They're using UPS. Use a different courier. IF the warehouse is located in the US, use USPS. If the warehouse is in BC, use Canada Post.

It does not cost $40 USD to ship a T-Shirt from US to Canada, let alone from Canada to Canada. Worst case? $15 for shipping. And that's from US to Canada.

It might cost $40 if they're including brokerage, duty, tax etc in the amount they're showing. But I kind of doubt it.

I'd be afraid to use Canada Post in fear they'll just strike again next Christmas when they're not getting what they want.

Shipping from the US to Canada is actually pretty costly.

1 hour ago, TetraSky said:

Shipping is fine on my side of the country

Surely it's a bug? I'd understand for international shipping, but it makes no sense for BC to be that expensive.
Also, quite frankly, it'd likely cost less to ship through Canada Post, especially with business discount. UPS has always been more expensive when I wanted to ship something.

Depends what it is, and what kind of rates they can get with FedEx/UPS. Base, sure, might be cheaper, but UPS is both faster and offers tracking. To get tracking with Canada Post you have to step up a tier or two, increasing the price. When I ship my Christmas gifts back home at Christmas I always use FedEx, as it's almost half to a third of what Canada Post would want for the same service.

It definitely makes no sense that it costs you that little, and so much more for BC though.

42 minutes ago, Mayushii said:

This is why you just use your local places to stamp a shirt for you.

The costs of that are probably insurmountably more than doing it this way.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

1 hour ago, dizmo said:

Haha, I understand international shipping being expensive...but that is just straight up broken.
If you have issue like that, you should take @CPotter orrr...he's the only one I can think of.

Indeed, hopefully they get it sorted out.

1 hour ago, dizmo said:

They absolutely have choices when it comes to choosing the courier, thus have a choice when it comes to shipping rates.

There are no government fees included in what was shown here.

It might cost $40 if they're including brokerage, duty, tax etc in the amount they're showing. But I kind of doubt it.

Perhaps - but that's another reason not to use UPS. Canada Post doesn't charge brokerage (that's just a fee they charge to submit your customs paperwork, basically). And any duty/taxes are typically charged on delivery, regardless of the courier.

1 hour ago, dizmo said:

I'd be afraid to use Canada Post in fear they'll just strike again next Christmas when they're not getting what they want.

I'd be okay with that. Given what they were striking over (Poor working conditions with massive amounts of on-the-job injuries, along with less contract workers who are paid nothing for the same work), the strike was fully justified. Frankly, CP management were the ones who decided to wait almost a year before starting proper negotiations after the last contract expired.

And anyway, even during the strike, I still got all my CP delivered goods - even if some were delayed.

1 hour ago, dizmo said:

Shipping from the US to Canada is actually pretty costly.

Yes it is, but UPS and Fedex definitely overcharge

1 hour ago, dizmo said:

Depends what it is, and what kind of rates they can get with FedEx/UPS. Base, sure, might be cheaper, but UPS is both faster and offers tracking. To get tracking with Canada Post you have to step up a tier or two, increasing the price. When I ship my Christmas gifts back home at Christmas I always use FedEx, as it's almost half to a third of what Canada Post would want for the same service.

Canada Post also offers tracking for any service worthwhile, while still being cheaper than UPS. Granted, you've got a point about UPS/Fedex being faster, so that's one potential positive for them.

If you're shipping from the US to Canada (or vice versa) obviously costs can and do increase, but that happens with UPS too.

It would come down to whether LMG would do enough volume to qualify for any discounts - those discounts can be huge.

1 hour ago, dizmo said:

It definitely makes no sense that it costs you that little, and so much more for BC though.

The costs of that are probably insurmountably more than doing it this way.

Indeed, Made in Canada T-Shirts are pretty expensive to manufacture. I'd be willing to explore that as an option and see how much more expensive it is, but with low volume Merch sales, it's probably not worth the cost premium.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

@CPotter and @nicklmg to the white courtesy phone, please.

Image result for courtesy phone

Desktop: [Processor: Intel Skylake i5 6600K (stock for now)][HSF: CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO]
[PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 B2][Case: Corsair Carbide Series Air 540 Silver]
[Motherboard: AsRock Z170 Extreme4][RAM: 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-2666]
[Video: eVGA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB 03G-P4-6160-KR]
[Hard Drives: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB]
Notebook: [HP Envy x360 15z][Ryzen 7 2700U w/ Radeon RX Vega 10][8GB RAM][256GB m.2 nVME SSD]

Gaming:[SteamID: STEAM_0:0:1792244 - "[TC]CreepingDeath"]

BTW there's fake LTT Merch on aliexpress 14.99 + free shipping for the old LTT logo. Not linking ofc but its there. 

2 hours ago, RorzNZ said:

BTW there's fake LTT Merch on aliexpress 14.99 + free shipping for the old LTT logo. Not linking ofc but its there. 

There's also fake GTX 1060s for $40 on eBay as well...

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

The thing is, if I order from the UK, I have to pay the $20 for the shirt, $50 for the shipping, plus another $15 in VAT because its calculated by the value of the item PLUS shipping, so that would be £67, plus the £8 royal mail fee and suddenly it's a £75 shirt. 

Sorry, but it's most certainly not worth that!

I just find it really strange how to send a shirt from the UK to Canada is £8 (with tracking), but from Canada to the UK is 5 times more

Laptop:

Spoiler

HP OMEN 15 - Intel Core i7 9750H, 16GB DDR4, 512GB NVMe SSD, Nvidia RTX 2060, 15.6" 1080p 144Hz IPS display

PC:

Spoiler

Vacancy - Looking for applicants, please send CV

Mac:

Spoiler

2009 Mac Pro 8 Core - 2 x Xeon E5520, 16GB DDR3 1333 ECC, 120GB SATA SSD, AMD Radeon 7850. Soon to be upgraded to 2 x 6 Core Xeons

Phones:

Spoiler

LG G6 - Platinum (The best colour of any phone, period)

LG G7 - Moroccan Blue

On 12/29/2018 at 6:40 AM, wkdpaul said:

How is it under $15???? I just looked for fun, and for a package to the UK with Canada Post price start at $20 ... and that option offers no tracking or coverage. If you go for the tracked package with coverage, it's $67 CAD ... But those prices are almost 50% off if you have a business account with Canada Post (at least that's what the website says). 

Under $15 CAD seems in line with what I got when I went through the Canada Post calculator (Not including taxes and import duties).

Canada to Australia. (I don't know where the shirts are shipping from, so just used LMG HQ address for the purpose of the example)

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.ee6cd4c633fb5218a796a61a93c3e77a.png

And when you use the estimate duties and taxes form, it still comes in under $20 CAD total. (Put in $25 thinking that was the price of the LTT shirts, should have been $20 value which would make duties & taxes even cheaper. Doesn't state where the garments are manufactured, so I just put China. Could also be Bangladesh or Pakistan, but I don't think it makes much different in regards to the duties)
image.png.389a31a4e9a8bd41411964f3fbfe3076.png

Yet the LTT store charges $64.15 USD ($87.50 CAD / $91 AUD!!) for shipping to Australia, and doesn't specify if that includes taxes and duties.

image.png.36a54395685432c4923ed89dd8556c68.png

When an AUD $28 T shirt ends up being AUD $119.46 after shipping (and may not include GST & duty??), I would say shipping is prohibitively expensive.

Spoiler

Maybe this is one of those RTX things, where the more you buy the more you save. "Buy 100 shirts, only pay the shipping on 5!"
image.png.d73f438fb91c87e5cf66088fea2239b9.png

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

19 minutes ago, Spotty said:

*snip*

As I already mentioned, small package option with Canada post has no tracking or coverage. And I do agree it's too expensive as it currently stands, but there's realistically no option for them to ship this internationally (with tracking and coverage) for under $15.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

Just now, wkdpaul said:

As I already mentioned, small package option with Canada post has no tracking or coverage. And I do agree it's too expensive as it currently stands, but there's realistically no option for them to ship this internationally (with tracking and coverage) for under $15.

Why not offer shipping options with and without tracking?

In my experience tracking is essentially useless for the customer anyway, especially with international orders. It shows "Has been received by shipping company", then 3 weeks later "Has arrived at your local depot", then next day "On board with courier driver for delivery".

13 minutes ago, wkdpaul said:

Decided to check the shipping rates from Store.Gamersnexus.net to Australia.

International Plus (Tracking Until Delivery)
$12.99

image.png.0f774f94eaae42809ba8480116f8a8ef.png

$13 USD for shipping (with full tracking) to Australia (Not including local taxes and import duties). That's $51 USD cheaper than shipping from LTTstore.com.

1 hour ago, Spotty said:

*snip*

Unless I'm mistaken, they're based in the US, not in Canada.

Prices in Canada for anything and everything tends to be higher than in the US, that includes shipping.

2 minutes ago, wkdpaul said:

Unless I'm mistaken, they're based in the US, not in Canada.

Prices in Canada for anything and everything tends to be higher than in the US, that includes shipping.

I'm willing to accept that things in Canada cost more than in US, but 500% more expensive? $13 USD shipping vs $64 USD shipping? If there is such a drastic price difference between US & Canada then LTT should look in to using a US supplier to fulfil the merch orders for them.

24 minutes ago, Spotty said:

*snip*

As one that has complained for decades about this I actually find it amusing that it's news to the rest of the world ?

yes, it's annoying, but it's the sad reality of the Canadian market. Even when our $ was at par with the USD, everything was costing more, some items were as much as double the price.

Also, Canada Post prices are ridiculously expensive, I remember reading that some Canadian companies near the US border will actually "export" their shipment to the US (they send an employee with a truck full of shipment) and ship from the US, back to Canada ... And despite all the costs involved and logistics involved, they save a lot of money!

So because of that, my guess is that 3rd party shipping company don't have to advertise USA level pricing to be competitive within the Canadian market.

BTW, this is something I'm all too familiar with since I had an eBay store more than a decade ago and had to deal with that problem myself.

Edited by wkdpaul

2 hours ago, wkdpaul said:

there's realistically no option for them to ship this internationally (with tracking and coverage) for under $15.

Then give the option to ship without tracking.
Or @LinusTech can send me a bunch of shirts and I ship them from the US for them for $14 shipping that includes tracking with usps. I ship orders internationally all the time with my etsy business.

Heck, I even know someone who lives in Canada and just drives to the nearest usps store across the border once a week to drop off international shipments.

Two shirts and two packs of ties... wasn't unreasonable to the midwest US. I think being in Cannuckistan and using UPS hurts, shame there's no US based outlet for them. But it wouldn't be LTT if we didn't have an avenue to complain aboooot something between the US and CA!

ship.jpg

I took a look at a few other outfits with the same kinda system the whole webstore is a carbon copy for all that use this sytem the shipping from everyone eles was 8.95 to canada for me