LTT Store - Expensive Shipping

jtbtroon

I really like the new merch on lttstore.com but being based in the UK $48 for shipping is ridiculous. Hoping this can be brought down in future. Anyone else in the UK possibly interested in a group order to make it affordable? Only a rough idea so there is no thought gone into how it would work.

Capture linus.JPG

Well to be fair, it is international shipping and there are also probably some kind of taxes involved as well.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

Well I was gonna buy the new LTT logo shirt for $20 (£15.77), seems reasonably priced. I go to check out...$48 shipping! I know it is international but damn! I've decided not to buy the merch now, because of the cost of shipping. Could this be done any cheaper? 

I'm guessing you wanted the circuit board design, correct? 

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

6 minutes ago, VegetableStu said:

oh nice it's actually under 8 USD to Portland with UPS standard o_o

if my forwarder doesn't go over 12 USD, shipping to my area's around 20 USD o_o maybe look for shopping forwarders that server your area?

That's a great idea, I'll have a look now

7 minutes ago, LinusTechTipsFanFromDarlo said:

I'm guessing you wanted the circuit board design, correct? 

Yes

Just now, john_smith_63 said:

Yes

You see that's the thing, that design is exclusive to the new store. Would you look at other designs like the classic logo tee? 

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

1 minute ago, LinusTechTipsFanFromDarlo said:

You see that's the thing, that design is exclusive to the new store. Would you look at other designs like the classic logo tee? 

I'm only interested in the circuit design tbh

Just now, john_smith_63 said:

I'm only interested in the circuit design tbh

Well you've got no option but to pay the shipping cost if you want that design I'm afraid, the old Design by Humans store is still up and is way cheaper in shipping but they don't sell the circuit board design. 

زندگی از چراغ

The shipping their providers use basically are couriers which work out crippling for international. They don't even do regular mail which should more than halve the cost, at the trade off of taking a bit longer. Suppose the only alternative is for someone in UK to do a bulk order but who fancies managing that without taking a cut? Also don't forget you will probably get hit by customs fees on top of whatever you order. It's just going to work out expensive no matter which way you cut it.

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

On 12/25/2018 at 7:57 PM, Crunchy Dragon said:

Well to be fair, it is international shipping and there are also probably some kind of taxes involved as well.

nope, that's just Canada being Canada ... While that might be news to the rest of the world, it's something we (Canadians) have complained for ... ever?

I had to send paperwork to China (about 10 years ago) and just to have a tracking on it, I had to get the expensive 5 days shipping : $75 CAD ... 10 yeas ago ...

So yeah, sorry we suck! :( (though shipping within Canada and to the US isn't that bad)

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

Maybe partnering with a US supplier might have been a good idea, although it still surprises me people actually buy this stuff.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

Shipping outside of the U.S. (or North America for that matter) is always expensive, sending stuff to my brother in South Korea is no less than $70 USD. SHipping is just plain expensive.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Lol wow $100 shirts

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

$48? wtf? I ship packages internationally all the time in the US and it only costs ~$14 to ship overseas. It costs $9 to ship to Canada. The entire world uses the same calculations to figure the cost to ship overseas so the price should be around the same no matter where you are.
I just checked the canada post website and it says the same thing, cost below $15.

There is NO REASON for it to cost $60+ to ship.

2 hours ago, poochyena said:

$48? wtf? I ship packages internationally all the time in the US and it only costs ~$14 to ship overseas. It costs $9 to ship to Canada. The entire world uses the same calculations to figure the cost to ship overseas *snip*

Yeah, no, prices differ greatly from country to country. There's a reason why it's pennies to send a tracked shipment from China but costs a lot more elsewhere.

I just checked the canada post website and it says the same thing, cost below $15.

There is NO REASON for it to cost $60+ to ship.

How is it under $15???? I just looked for fun, and for a package to the UK with Canada Post price start at $20 ... and that option offers no tracking or coverage. If you go for the tracked package with coverage, it's $67 CAD ... But those prices are almost 50% off if you have a business account with Canada Post (at least that's what the website says).

Capture.PNG.7983049b9d963405d8d9ea5f38f564f7.PNG

Is it expensive? Yeah, $50 USD for shipping is expensive, but just throwing blanket statements like you're doing isn't helping anyone.

Edited by wkdpaul

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

5 hours ago, VegetableStu said:

guys, just to repeat post-merge: consider using a shipping forwarder that recieves in the US. once the pack crosses that border the options should be a bit more palatable.

look up reviews and guides on those forwarders though. I'm just lucky the "national" post in my area has a forwarding warehouse in that area

Yeah, at this point a forwarder will be cheaper than $75 :D Can't believe I have to use a forwarder for a shirt.

oof983066722_ScreenShot2018-12-29at7_24_11PM.thumb.png.86f1e2ff5ee722c61bee6d5c4757b07a.png

lol wtf

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020