I need a new headset.

Maxisthemoose

So I need a new headset and I have the Corsair Void Pro Surround Sound Head set but the mic is failing. My budget is around 50-70$ and I live in the USA. Thank you for any suggestions!

Main And Only Build : CPU : Ryzen 5 1600x (OC to 4.2GHz), Cooler : Thermaltake Floe Riing RGB 240 TT Premium Edition, Motherboard : Asus ROG Strix B450-F Gaming, RAM : Trident Z RGB 16GB (2*8) 3000Mhz DDR4, GPU : Gigabyte Gaming GTX 1070 TI, PSU : EVGA G3 650W 80+ Gold Certified, Storage : 250GB Samsung 860 Evo + 256GB SU800 + 2TB Seagate HDD.

Hyper X Cloud 1

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

Well just buy some headphones in the price range, since you did not specify target application. I bought some random 35 euro headphones two years ago and I am using them since. Perfectly works for gaming and music. 

<Video Link Removed>

Sneaky beaky like ...

CPU Core i5 3 GHz Motherboard H110M GRENADE RAM 8 GB GPU GTX 1060 MSI Case MSI Infinity Series Storage 256 GB SSD 600p Intel Series + 2 GB Seagate Display(s) 32" 1440p Q3279WG5B Cooling Silent Storm 3, Silent System Keyboard MSI DS4200 Gaming Mouse MSI Interceptor D5 Sound Bloody G300 Operating System Windwos 10

Just now, aigars2 said:

Well just buy some headphones in the price range, since you did not specify target application. I bought some random 35 euro headphones two years ago and I am using them since. Perfectly works for gaming and music. 

Sorry, I am going to be using them for gaming and talking to my friends when playing games with them. When I am not playing games with them I just use my speakers.

Main And Only Build : CPU : Ryzen 5 1600x (OC to 4.2GHz), Cooler : Thermaltake Floe Riing RGB 240 TT Premium Edition, Motherboard : Asus ROG Strix B450-F Gaming, RAM : Trident Z RGB 16GB (2*8) 3000Mhz DDR4, GPU : Gigabyte Gaming GTX 1070 TI, PSU : EVGA G3 650W 80+ Gold Certified, Storage : 250GB Samsung 860 Evo + 256GB SU800 + 2TB Seagate HDD.

Uhm, this is very likely going to sound very weird, but why don't you just buy a cheap microphone or something like a modmic if the only reason you want a new one is the microphone? ?

Make sure to tag and/or quote people so they get notified... :P:D 

My gear:

Ryzen 7 2700X / Gigabyte GA-X370M-Gaming 3 / R9 380 Nitro 4GB/ 16GB DDR4 2133 / 225GB OCZ Trion 100 / 3TB of hard drive storage
                                                                                                     AOC C24G1 / BenQ GW2270H(rarely overclocked to 87Hz :P )
                                                                               Razer Blackwidow / Redragon Kumara / Logitech G Pro Wiress / Sennheiser HD 559

Microsoft LifeCam Studio / Tonor BM700 microphone

Panasonic Lumix DC-FZ82 / Canon EOS 80D

#PCMasterrace

I would not buy a gaming headset at all.  I would buy audio technica headphones ATH-M50x if you want to spend 150 on headpones OR ATH-M20x for like 40.  You get what you pay for but both are OUTSTANDING!!!  Then grab a Sony ECMCS3 for a mic for like 20 bucks.  You will be beyond amazed at the quality you get.  You better than people with a Sennheiser HMD 26-600-II-XQ and that not cheap at all. 

3 minutes ago, Jonas_2909 said:

Uhm, this is very likely going to sound very weird, but why don't you just buy a cheap microphone or something like a modmic if the only reason you want a new one is the microphone? ?

Yes it is, and I thought of doing that but the Void Pro's mic isn't detachable and it would just get in the way.

Unless i put it on the Right side, which would annoy the crap out of me.

Also I looked at their website and they all cost around 50-60$

44 minutes ago, Maxisthemoose said:

Yes it is, and I thought of doing that but the Void Pro's mic isn't detachable and it would just get in the way.

Unless i put it on the Right side, which would annoy the crap out of me.

Also I looked at their website and they all cost around 50-60$

I guess what I'd do is just try to detach it in a really-not-recommended way(if you know what I mean), although I wouldn't really recommend doing that, or tape it away, which I guess, although kind of janky, should work. If you don't want to get a modmic, just get a "normal" microphone and hook it up to an arm or something like that... :P

Also, if you don't want to get a modmic, or only a stand-alone microphone, there's still the LTT headset guide.

Apart from that, a webcam might also do the trick, as long as its audio quality is good enough for you. I use my webcam as a microphone on the daily, way more even than I make use of its ability to capture images... :D I'm using a Microsoft LifeCam Studio, which I guess is a pretty decent webcam, although there might be better options for the price. It's got a decent microphone which I really like, as its pick-up pattern is omnidirectional, meaning I don't have to worry about getting picked up well enough. The downside of an omnidirectional pick-up pattern, however, lies in its tendancy to pick up sounds you don't want it to, like your keyboard whilst typing(everyone on our discord hates hearing me typing as it's pretty loud), your PC, or sometimes even people in the next room talking, although all of this is really volume- and microphone-dependant...

Make sure to tag and/or quote people so they get notified... :P:D 

My gear:

Ryzen 7 2700X / Gigabyte GA-X370M-Gaming 3 / R9 380 Nitro 4GB/ 16GB DDR4 2133 / 225GB OCZ Trion 100 / 3TB of hard drive storage
                                                                                                     AOC C24G1 / BenQ GW2270H(rarely overclocked to 87Hz :P )
                                                                               Razer Blackwidow / Redragon Kumara / Logitech G Pro Wiress / Sennheiser HD 559

Microsoft LifeCam Studio / Tonor BM700 microphone

Panasonic Lumix DC-FZ82 / Canon EOS 80D

#PCMasterrace

1 hour ago, Pandalf said:

HyperX Cloud Core

I have watched many reviews on this headset and decided to get them. 50$ for good sounding mic and good sounding headphones. Thanks!