Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jyrone

Ideas for Floatplane

Posted · Original PosterOP

I've been thinking of some ideas for Floatplane, and I think it's safe to say that everyone knows YouTube is going down a horrible path. Competing with YouTube as a smaller platform that requires a subscription is going to be HARD, but I was thinking that maybe they could allow content creators (like PewDiePie and Mumkey Jones) to upload their content on there. Getting PewDiePie to start uploading his content on there would be massive as he could advertise the platform to a much larger audience and get people outside of the tech community onto the platform. It could also provide good advertisement of the LTT channel.

I suggest trying to get as many big creators to start uploading on it, PewDiePie and Mumkey were examples. Mumkey Jones just recently had both of his channels terminated due to his dark humor, and everyone knows that YouTube hates PewDiePie.

and who are going to pay those guys? us?

PSU Tier List 4.0//Motherboard Tier List//Community Standards//ATX Specification//Group Regulation//Topologies and Regulations//How many watts?//PSU Protections

Don't forget to quote or mention me

Primary PC:

Spoiler

CPU: I5-8600k 5.0ghz

GPU: GTX 1070 ti EVGA SC Gaming

RAM: 2x8 3333 mhz DDR4 Trident Z

MOBO: MSI Gaming Pro Carbon AC

HDD: 1 TB 7200 RPM Seagate Baracudda, 1 TB 5400 RPM Samsung Spinpoint HD103SI

SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 500 GB

Case: Cooler Master Masterbox Lite 5 RGB (modified)

PSU: Seasonic Focus GX650

Consoles:

Spoiler

PS4 Slim Glacier White 500 GB

PS4 FTP Special Edition 500 GB

PS3 Super Slim 500 GB

PS2 OG

Xbox OG

DS Lite White

DS Lite Black/blue

DS Lite Blue

DSI XL Orange

Gameboy Advanced Color

PS Vita v2

Wii

2 hours ago, Jyrone said:

dark humor,

So he gets banned for being offensive and you want us to just... let him be offensive here too? 

2 hours ago, Jyrone said:

YouTube hates PewDiePie.

His sub count says otherwise

Discord: iLostMyXbox21#4649

~~~~ SpEcS ~~~~

CpU: rYzEn ThReE TwEnTyTwO hUnDrEd G

GpU: vEgA EiGhT

RaM: OnE StIcK ThReE ThOuSaNd MeGaHeRtS DdRFoUr

CaSe: DiYpCf2

FloatPlane was designed to fill the void left behind by vessel, just fyi. There was no intent to compete with YouTube, both Linus and Luke has pointed this out.

Tech News Posting Guidelines - READ BEFORE POSTING | Community Standards | Forum Staff

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ | F@H Contribution | My Rig | Project Steamroller

Spoiler

†  

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "the best way to learn is to teach" ~ Benjamin Jantz

I am a StarCitizen are you? My ships: Aegis Eclipse, Aegis Sabre, Aegis Gladius, Aopoa Nox, KI P52 Merlin, KI P72 Archimedes and the RSI Constellation Aquila.

My Phones are a Nokia Lumia 925 with WM10 and a Microsoft Lumia 950 XL with WM10 running the Fast Ring insider updates. Broke :(

Samsung Note 9 and a Samsung S9+

About Myself:   https://linustechtips.com/main/profile/229093-sansvarnic/?tab=field_core_pfield_46

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Hope I'm contributing in the correct place. I too have an idea for Floatplane's team.

Go learn about network effects. For this to work well you need scale. To scale you need network effects.

Check this out:

image.png

Let the animation teams join.

People like Jaidenanimations and the odd1sout. 

When you can, because, floatplane is flying just yet. Its pretty much doing ground effect flying