Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kuhnertdm

Elon Musk reveals Boring Company new mass transit solution: A Tesla model X in a one-lane-wide tunnel

If they changed these tunnels into fast lanes for buses it would be a pretty big deal. I have only been to LA once but I can tell you that the traffic was an absolute nightmare. My coworkers had said it was bad but that didn't prepare me for the parking lot they call a freeway. Anything at this point should help. It should also be noted that these freeways have 6 lanes yet still are at complete stand still. 

As a public transport fan, this announcement makes me laugh.  It's either lacking all the serious information or Elon has run out of ideas.

QuicK and DirtY. Read the CoC it's like a guide on how not to be moron.  Also I don't have an issue with the VS series.

Sometimes I miss contractions like n't on the end of words like wouldn't, couldn't and shouldn't.    Please don't be a dick,  make allowances when reading my posts.

tunnel should have been bigger. I can only imagine an all-seating trainbus, and that I don't think it'll be good for mass commute (then again it's more personal than public, so...) ._.

I still don't see how this is soo revolutionary when we had guided bus systems all around the world for ages: 

04x393.jpg

Its basically a bus where the steering is linked to wheels touching the vertical guard rails on the side. The pic was taken some time in the 90's in my hometown.

do see the charm in having personal mobility transformed to "mass transportation" on specific "roads" similar to manually driving to the highway and then have everyone on Autopilot autonomously doing 70 mph without any congestion issues. But on an single-lane underground track.. It simply feels like to much effort for the benefits.

"We cannot change the cards we're dealt - just how we play the hand" - R. Pausch

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X , Cooler: BeQuiet Dark Rock 3 Motherboard: MSI B450 Mortar Titanium RAM: 16 GB Corsair LPX 3200 GPU: EVGA RTX2070 XC Storage: Adata 120GB SSD, SanDisk 1TB SDD, 2TB WD GreenHDD Case: Fractal Design Define Mini C PSU: EVGA Supernova 650GS Peripherals: Master Keys Pro S, Logitech G402 Audio: Schiit Fulla 2 + Sennheiser HD 650. Laptop: Asus Zenbook UX 302

Seems totally within the norm if his new "mass transport tunnel" only allows Tesla models. And marketing that only dumb people fall for, just like Apple. Except it isn't Apple.

Awareness is key. Never enough, even in the face of futility. Speak the truth as if you may never get to say it again. This world is full of ugly. Change it they say. The only way is to reveal the ugly. To change the truth you must first acknowledge it. Never pretend it isn't there. Never bend the knee.

Please quote my post in your reply, so that I will be notified and can respond to it. Thanks.

Posted · Original PosterOP
4 hours ago, huilun02 said:

Seems totally within the norm if his new "mass transport tunnel" only allows Tesla models. And marketing that only dumb people fall for, just like Apple. Except it isn't Apple.

I personally don't think it's a ploy towards stupid people. I think it's just for rich people who know they don't want to be on the same mode of transportation as poor people.

9 hours ago, VegetableStu said:

tunnel should have been bigger. I can only imagine an all-seating trainbus, and that I don't think it'll be good for mass commute (then again it's more personal than public, so...) ._.

they are small on purpose so they can build many of them quickly and cheaply.

4 minutes ago, ADM-Ntek said:

they are small on purpose so they can build many of them quickly and cheaply.

that would constrict the size of the vehicles that can use the network though o_o not sure about the size of cars in the future

The Victorians constructed a century-old working Metro system with nothing but second-hand cigar smoke and a bunch of coal and porridge for breakfast. Elon, dude, wyd???!?!?!