Jump to content
Floatplane payments are migrating! Read more... ×
Phishing Emails - Fake Giveaway Read more... ×
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Streetguru

iPad Pros Shipping Bent from Apple, new feature

Recommended Posts

17 hours ago, Brooksie359 said:

My point is that you are deflecting rather than talking about the issue. It would be one point to say this isn't a big deal but you are bringing up how other companies do poor practices as well which has nothing to do with this situation.

Can you please stop this back and forth. You or somebody probably brought up a point that compared Apple to someone else and hence I brought it up. Don't just read the last reply and completely misjudge of what is going on

17 hours ago, Brooksie359 said:

Also if this was something they QC for then they would call it a defect but they didn't so obviously they aren't going to quality control for something that isn't considered a defect. Also I would have to disagree about the out of factory not having it bent. A bend of that type doesn't just happen from shipping but rather be apparent after the plastic is cooled. 

It's a PR statement, duh. That is very obvious here. Logically they would open themselves to alot of returns and unwarranted complaints if they said that it is a defect and call out a replacement program. But again, if it did come out of the box bent, you can return it within 14-days, so there's no issue here whatsoever

17 hours ago, Streetguru said:

Why not just make it a millimeter thicker and avoid any issues?

I doubt a mm thickness would've prevented this. Even though it's 5mm it does look thick due to flat sides for the Pencil. Adding a mm thickness to those flat edges would probably made the iPad look bulky and that would of course be a strict no no for jony Ive

16 hours ago, D13H4RD said:

And nobody  has asked for that. 

All we asked for is the iPad to be made in a way where the only way that it could bent before it reaches the user is from shipping-inflicted damage. 

Bending from manufacturing is not okay, especially if it can be seen, no matter how many batches are affected. 

We all want is a perfectly working device from all companies. But sometimes we get phones that may burst, have a barrage of software issues still unfixed (pixel and surface), cracked screen, motherboard IC issue, durability issues, etc. Get it replaced, if any of this including the issue at hand occurs to you. My goodness. talking to this forum is the most pointless time waste I've ever seen

15 hours ago, Jito463 said:

Only 10?  You know that for a fact?  And if it's so few, why wouldn't they just acknowledge that and replace them?  Why deflect and claim it's "normal"?  If so few are getting bent, then that sounds like the rest are "normal" while the bent ones are defective.

You didn't see my previous replies then. In short, they would open themselves to people who'd take advantage of the replacement program. 

15 hours ago, Jito463 said:

The biggest issue for most of us isn't even the bend (though it is still an issue), it's the way Apple handled the whole fiasco.  Even you acknowledge that they handled it poorly, so I'm not really sure why this thread has gone on for 8 pages.

Yes, they shouldn't have said what they said. But the fact is there is a 14-day return period if it does come bent out of the box

15 hours ago, Arika S said:

so you're saying that the device is still cooling down from it's manufacturing to the point where it can bend from it after it's been sealed in it's box and sent from the factory?....what? this basically means that they don't do ANY QC since they wouldn't know what the state of the iPad is since it's already in it's box ready to go.

It's an assumption. Nothing more. It could be something along those lines or entirely different. I didn't make any claims

15 hours ago, Arika S said:

You say that it wouldn't of passed QC, but you're glossing over the fact that apple don't see it as a defect and it's "normal" so if they are saying that NOW, why do you think it would not pass QC?

Saying it's normal is a pure PR statement. It is defective, but customers can return it within 14-days

15 hours ago, Arika S said:

If you're going to respond, respond the the second part. Why would Apple NOT classify this as a defect?

Urghh, god just read the previous stuff. Read the 4th reply above this and if you want a more elaborate explanation read my previous replies

13 hours ago, TechyBen said:

Bends are not caused by microfractures, but by parts cooling at different speeds causing compression/expansion at different intervals... so... yeah... ???

Abrupt cooling can cause microfractures in the metal due to as you said compression of the internal and the exterior metal. In fact, that property is taken advantage is some cooling process, if I remember correctly. Back here, yeah it's probably due to the different compression rate of the chassis and the plastic that caused it to bent

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, RedRound2 said:

We all want is a perfectly working device from all companies. But sometimes we get phones that may burst, have a barrage of software issues still unfixed (pixel and surface), cracked screen, motherboard IC issue, durability issues, etc. Get it replaced, if any of this including the issue at hand occurs to you. My goodness. talking to this forum is the most pointless time waste I've ever seen

And how does this answer the question, really? 

 

We know some iPads arrive to its customers in a bent state from manufacturing (and it's not really a small bend in some cases). The question is how will Apple know whether it's user-inflicted or from manufacturing? What is Apple doing about this? Are they just going to deflect but quietly fix it in the background or are they just going to do nothing? 

 

And you mentioned that we all want a perfectly working device. I agree with that, but earlier, I quoted one of your earlier posts in that we should stop expecting Apple to make a 100% perfect device. Exactly who would expect that out of a mass-produced device? 

 

As I mentioned earlier, no one is expecting Apple to make a 110% perfect, absolutely defect-free device regardless of batch. What a lot of us are asking for is Apple to tweak its manufacturing so that the iPad does not arrive to its customer in a bent state. 

 

We like to shit on Google for the various quality control problems on the Pixel line of phones. It's only fair that we do the same for any company who suffers a lapse in QC. 


Please tag me if you need assistance or if you want me to contribute to a topic 

 

ASUS RoG STRIX GL502VM

Intel Core i7 7700HQ | GeForce GTX 1060 6GB | 16GB DDR4-2133 | 128GB SanDisk M.2 SATA SSD + 1TB 7200RPM Hitachi HDD | 15.6" 1080p IPS monitor @ 60Hz w/ G-SYNC | Windows 10 64-bit

 

Samsung Galaxy Note8 SM-N950F

Exynos 8895 (4x Mongoose @ 2.3GHz, 4x Cortex A53 @ 1.7GHz)ARM Mali G71 MP20 | 6GB LPDDR4 | 64GB Samsung NAND flash w/ UFS 2.1 dual-lane controller + 128GB SanDisk C10 UHS-I microSD | 6.3" 1440p "Infinity Display" AMOLED | Android Nougat 7.1.1 w/ Samsung Experience 8.5

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RedRound2 said:

 

Abrupt cooling can cause microfractures in the metal due to as you said compression of the internal and the exterior metal. In fact, that property is taken advantage is some cooling process, if I remember correctly. Back here, yeah it's probably due to the different compression rate of the chassis and the plastic that caused it to bent

Yes. So microfractures have nothing to do with bending. But do change weaknesses. So see. You are sadly the one missing the point every time. For example, blaming microfractures, which have nothing to do with the topic or fault. Cooling and bending are the fault.

 

Why complain about us, when we are giving you the correct information? 🤔

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, D13H4RD said:

And how does this answer the question, really? 

 

We know some iPads arrive to its customers in a bent state from manufacturing (and it's not really a small bend in some cases). The question is how will Apple know whether it's user-inflicted or from manufacturing? What is Apple doing about this? Are they just going to deflect but quietly fix it in the background or are they just going to do nothing? 

 

And you mentioned that we all want a perfectly working device. I agree with that, but earlier, I quoted one of your earlier posts in that we should stop expecting Apple to make a 100% perfect device. Exactly who would expect that out of a mass-produced device? 

 

As I mentioned earlier, no one is expecting Apple to make a 110% perfect, absolutely defect-free device regardless of batch. What a lot of us are asking for is Apple to tweak its manufacturing so that the iPad does not arrive to its customer in a bent state. 

 

We like to shit on Google for the various quality control problems on the Pixel line of phones. It's only fair that we do the same for any company who suffers a lapse in QC. 

If history is an indicator, Apple will quietly fix things either in mid-production or with the next refresh.  Apple's classic MO is to avoid formally acknowledging quality issues until it has a solution in place -- people think it's burying its head in the sand when it really just wants a better answer than "we're looking into it."

Link to post
Share on other sites

So uh, can we go back to not having phones and tablets as thin as a scissor blade?


Avid Team Fortress 2 player || @handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Tyler :^)

 

Main rig:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700X, stock | CPU Cooler: Cryorig H7 | GPU: MSI Radeon RX 580 8G V1 | PSU: EVGA G3 550 | RAM: Patriot Viper 8GB DDR4 @2400MHz | Motherboard: ASRock AB350M | Case: Cooler Master N200 | SSD: Kingston A400 240GB SATA | HDD1: 750GB HGST 2.5" @ 5400rpm | HDD2: 2TB WD Blue 2.5" @ 5400rpm | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K65, Corsair Sabre RGB and Sony MDR-7506

 

Specs for secondary rig coming soon!

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Commodus said:

If history is an indicator, Apple will quietly fix things either in mid-production or with the next refresh.  Apple's classic MO is to avoid formally acknowledging quality issues until it has a solution in place -- people think it's burying its head in the sand when it really just wants a better answer than "we're looking into it."

Having some PR as deflection while quietly fixing things cause screw everyone that bought the flawed product really isn't much better. And no people just want a better answer than "this isn't an issue our stuff is perfect".

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Commodus said:

people think it's burying its head in the sand when it really just wants a better answer than "we're looking into it."

So "everything is perfect, not our problem" is a better answer?

 

Apple is essentially playing this off and down the road when someone comes in for real issues because bending they will just say its the users fault. 

 

This fucks over customers badly. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Commodus said:

If history is an indicator, Apple will quietly fix things either in mid-production or with the next refresh.  Apple's classic MO is to avoid formally acknowledging quality issues until it has a solution in place -- people think it's burying its head in the sand when it really just wants a better answer than "we're looking into it."

IMO, I don't think it works out as well as they probably might have thought. 

 

I feel that saying the bending is "normal" due to manufacturing is certainly something that anyone who has received a bent iPad is not expecting at the slightest. 

 

Apple could (and should) have done better. 


Please tag me if you need assistance or if you want me to contribute to a topic 

 

ASUS RoG STRIX GL502VM

Intel Core i7 7700HQ | GeForce GTX 1060 6GB | 16GB DDR4-2133 | 128GB SanDisk M.2 SATA SSD + 1TB 7200RPM Hitachi HDD | 15.6" 1080p IPS monitor @ 60Hz w/ G-SYNC | Windows 10 64-bit

 

Samsung Galaxy Note8 SM-N950F

Exynos 8895 (4x Mongoose @ 2.3GHz, 4x Cortex A53 @ 1.7GHz)ARM Mali G71 MP20 | 6GB LPDDR4 | 64GB Samsung NAND flash w/ UFS 2.1 dual-lane controller + 128GB SanDisk C10 UHS-I microSD | 6.3" 1440p "Infinity Display" AMOLED | Android Nougat 7.1.1 w/ Samsung Experience 8.5

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, mynameisjuan said:

So "everything is perfect, not our problem" is a better answer?

 

Apple is essentially playing this off and down the road when someone comes in for real issues because bending they will just say its the users fault. 

 

This fucks over customers badly. 

No, I'm just explaining Apple's thinking, and noting that the company rarely ignores problems outright like some think it does.  I wish it was more transparent, but I also know it tends to take action.

Link to post
Share on other sites

People act very passionately about things that are expensive and are obviously defected from the factory. I bought a brand new Camaro in 2017 and it had issues with the limited slip differential 700 miles in. The car would make horrendous groaning noises when turning left or right at any speed. Chevy and the dealerships did everything in their power to not have to do any work/replace any components even though I was under factory warranty and had even purchased the advanced extended warranties. Only until I drove up to the dealership in a fury and drained the differential fluid right in front of them and showed them the metal shavings in the fluid did they do any of the work. After the work was done I sold the car and will never buy another Chevy in my life.

Customer Service is extremely important to the customer when the products they receive are broken. My father purchased my mother the iPhone X and one of the scanners did not work properly. Apple wanted to charge my father 50 dollars to send the phone back so he could get a new one... Apples bullshit knows no bounds, and that is why they are so highly criticized. If the company makes a mistake and they fix it the first time, odds are most people are willing to shrug it off and are happy.

Link to post
Share on other sites

This is just apple trying to make more money. They make a new tablet that is fragile enough that it can easily be broken requiring the user to buy a new one at full price. Sure a few get bent in shipping and they have to replace them in the first 14 days, but after that it is all profit.

 

This is why I don't buy apple products. I am 100% confident that if they were ever put under a lot of scrutiny plenty of shady and/or illegal dealing would come up. Some of the things they have done in the past, plus ways they try to monopolize things as simple as being able to repair your own device.

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, ThePD said:

My father purchased my mother the iPhone X and the fingerprint scanner did not work properly. 

Uh.....the iPhone X does not have a fingerprint sensor. 


Please tag me if you need assistance or if you want me to contribute to a topic 

 

ASUS RoG STRIX GL502VM

Intel Core i7 7700HQ | GeForce GTX 1060 6GB | 16GB DDR4-2133 | 128GB SanDisk M.2 SATA SSD + 1TB 7200RPM Hitachi HDD | 15.6" 1080p IPS monitor @ 60Hz w/ G-SYNC | Windows 10 64-bit

 

Samsung Galaxy Note8 SM-N950F

Exynos 8895 (4x Mongoose @ 2.3GHz, 4x Cortex A53 @ 1.7GHz)ARM Mali G71 MP20 | 6GB LPDDR4 | 64GB Samsung NAND flash w/ UFS 2.1 dual-lane controller + 128GB SanDisk C10 UHS-I microSD | 6.3" 1440p "Infinity Display" AMOLED | Android Nougat 7.1.1 w/ Samsung Experience 8.5

Link to post
Share on other sites

Major question here: Why the fuck do some people care about companies so much?

 

They're COMPANIES. They don't care about you, just your money. Get it through your head! What do you have to gain by defending issues such as this? "Touch IC disease was meh"........ My head hurts. I grew out of that mentality at like 14, and I'm not exactly the sharpest crayon in the mailbox.

 

Microsoft doesn't care about you. Apple doesn't care about you. AMD doesn't care about you. Why should you care about them? You pay, you get what you paid for, you don't owe them shit.


If you haven't held a SNES controller before, you don't know gaming.

well okay that's not entirely true but still go play a fucking SNES if you haven't.

 

 

Current Rig

FX 8320 @ 4.5ghz - EVGA GTX 770 SC 2GB - 16GB Hyper x Fury - 250GB SSD - CM 212 EVO - Asus M5A97 R2.0 - EVGA 650w 80+G G2 - CM Elite 430 Black - WD Blue 1TB

 

The 5$ Laptop (Asus r510c) (+60$ worth of upgrades)

Core i5 i5-3337U 1.8ghz (2.5ghz) - 120gb SSD - 320gb WD Black - 8GB DDR3 - Intel HD Graphics 4000

 

Secondary Programming Machine

i7 870 @ 4.0ghz - GTX 670 2GB - 8GB DDR3 Hyperx Fury - 64GB SSD - 1TB WD Blue - Some 1156 Asus board

 

HTPC - Wolf In Sheep's Clothing (Crappy HP OEM SFF case and PSU from 2009)

AMD A8 6800k @4.2ghz - GT 1030 2GB GDDR5 - 8GB DDR3 - 250GB SP SSD - Some Asus FM2+ motherboard

 

Bedroom HTPC - The 939 Monster

AMD Athlon 64 x2 @ 2.8ghz - ATi Radeon x850XT - 4GB DDR400 - 80GB WD Blue IDE - SOCKET 939 BITCHES

 

Trusty Old Rig: Athlon 64 X2 3000+ @ 2.16ghz - Radeon 9600 Pro - 1GB DDR - GB K8NSC939 - 500w CM PSU

Nokia 3310 - The PC: (Dell Optiplex GX110) Piii Coppermine 1Ghz - 512mb SDRAM - ATi 9250 pro 256mb - 80GB IDE - Sound Blaster Live!

Twin Game Servers (Two): C2Q q6600 @ 3.0ghz - Asus P5B - 8GB DDR2 800

PFSense Router: Pentium D @ 3.2ghz - 2GB DDR2

OMV NAS: Pentium 4 @ 3.2ghz - 2TB WD Red - 2GB DDR2

(I could list like 10 other PCs off the top of my head, yeah I'm a big time PC hoarder.)

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, D13H4RD said:

Uh.....the iPhone X does not have a fingerprint sensor. 

You are correct, it was one of the scanners for like voice or face recognition. I didn't care enough about the discussion to remember what exact one it was. Edited original comment to be more generic since I don't remember which one it was.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, TechyBen said:

 

Why complain about us, when we are giving you the correct information? 🤔

Because he doesn't like the information.  That's why he tried to bring google into it, talk down the competition as if that will change the issues. 

 

The problem with this is that there are times when pointing to the competition is legitimate, like if you are correcting someone who is trying to argue a practice is the sole domain of one company.  You can say no it's not because this this this and this.    The other time it is o.k is when you are trying to illustrate an industry wide condition that has other compounding issues that should be considered. 

 

Doing it to deflect from the issue or excuse a shit practice is not a legitimate argument though, and that is why this thread has gone on 8 pages longer than it needed to. 


QuicK and DirtY. Read the CoC it's like a guide on how not to be moron.  Also I don't have an issue with the VS series.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, 2Buck said:

Major question here: Why the fuck do some people care about companies so much?

 

They're COMPANIES. They don't care about you, just your money. Get it through your head! What do you have to gain by defending issues such as this? "Touch IC disease was meh"........ My head hurts. I grew out of that mentality at like 14, and I'm not exactly the sharpest crayon in the mailbox.

 

Microsoft doesn't care about you. Apple doesn't care about you. AMD doesn't care about you. Why should you care about them? You pay, you get what you paid for, you don't owe them shit.

Because they purchased a product?

 

"Why do you care about supermarkets... it's not like you need to eat or anything..." XD

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, TechyBen said:

"Why do you care about supermarkets... it's not like you need to eat or anything..." XD

Hmm, what if supermarkets were treated like Apple, Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft, Intel, Nvidia and AMD 🤔.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, leadeater said:

Hmm, what if supermarkets were treated like Apple, Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft, Intel, Nvidia and AMD 🤔.

I often have debates about the value of supermarkets in the economy. But I hate/love all corporations and business equally.


QuicK and DirtY. Read the CoC it's like a guide on how not to be moron.  Also I don't have an issue with the VS series.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, leadeater said:

Hmm, what if supermarkets were treated like Apple, Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft, Intel, Nvidia and AMD 🤔.

They are? If there is a problem, they get a recall. People complain about sizes/scams etc... I'm not sure your point?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TechyBen said:

They are? If there is a problem, they get a recall. People complain about sizes/scams etc... I'm not sure your point?

I was kinda thinking more about us in terms of supporting/liking a company in much the same way as those companies I mentioned or their products, though I guess Whole Foods is the Apple/iPhone of supermarkets so it is a thing?

 

Edit:

P.S. It was a bad joke, my favorite kind.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TechyBen said:

Because they purchased a product?

 

"Why do you care about supermarkets... it's not like you need to eat or anything..." XD

The real issue is when loyalty turns into some kind of company worship. To put it bluntly, it's sort of like treating a company as some sort of cult or similar entity. 

 

And with the age of the internet and anonymity, the act of fanboyism is pretty much regarded as normal at this point. Any company has its fanboys, and those people will argue all day over why their company rocks either to people who respectfully disagree or more commonly, to fanboys of another company. 

 

It's toxic behavior, but it's also considered to be rather normal on the internet. 

 

It's totally fine to like a company and/or its products and if you have to debate, do it against things that matter such as factual misinformation. But don't let it get overboard to the point where even the slightest criticism gets to you. 


Please tag me if you need assistance or if you want me to contribute to a topic 

 

ASUS RoG STRIX GL502VM

Intel Core i7 7700HQ | GeForce GTX 1060 6GB | 16GB DDR4-2133 | 128GB SanDisk M.2 SATA SSD + 1TB 7200RPM Hitachi HDD | 15.6" 1080p IPS monitor @ 60Hz w/ G-SYNC | Windows 10 64-bit

 

Samsung Galaxy Note8 SM-N950F

Exynos 8895 (4x Mongoose @ 2.3GHz, 4x Cortex A53 @ 1.7GHz)ARM Mali G71 MP20 | 6GB LPDDR4 | 64GB Samsung NAND flash w/ UFS 2.1 dual-lane controller + 128GB SanDisk C10 UHS-I microSD | 6.3" 1440p "Infinity Display" AMOLED | Android Nougat 7.1.1 w/ Samsung Experience 8.5

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, leadeater said:

I was kinda thinking more about us in terms of supporting/liking a company in much the same way as those companies I mentioned or their products, though I guess Whole Foods is the Apple/iPhone of supermarkets so it is a thing?

 

Edit:

P.S. It was a bad joke, my favorite kind.

Yeah... But it still sticks... :)

 

Locally here, I know some brands have constantly got rotten food or forget to add/take off special deals, so I pay too much. I don't "like" them, but it's not because it's a brand... it's because I know what the brand will or will not do!

 

(Another brand might be cheaper or more expensive, but food will be fresh, or special deals will be on when they say they are).

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TechyBen said:

Because they purchased a product?

 

"Why do you care about supermarkets... it's not like you need to eat or anything..." XD

So because I bought food from Walmart, I should defend their every move? Because I use Windows, I should be their white knight and defend their name on the internet to the bloody end? "Oh, Apples made yet another fuckup, BUT I LOVE THEM SO WHO CARES!!!!"

 

They're companies. You pay, you get what you paid for, move on. They don't care about you, you don't owe them shit. I really hope you just misunderstood my post, because blind loyalty is ridiculously stupid and your analogy is painful.

 

Edit/addition:

Obviously it's okay to like a company that you've had good experiences with, just stay objective. It's also obviously okay to be happy about a companies performance, like in AMD's case. Their return brings competition and lower prices which is good for us, so being happy about that is fine. I'm not saying liking a company in any way is stupid, just that being blindly loyal and constantly going out of your way to defend them is.


If you haven't held a SNES controller before, you don't know gaming.

well okay that's not entirely true but still go play a fucking SNES if you haven't.

 

 

Current Rig

FX 8320 @ 4.5ghz - EVGA GTX 770 SC 2GB - 16GB Hyper x Fury - 250GB SSD - CM 212 EVO - Asus M5A97 R2.0 - EVGA 650w 80+G G2 - CM Elite 430 Black - WD Blue 1TB

 

The 5$ Laptop (Asus r510c) (+60$ worth of upgrades)

Core i5 i5-3337U 1.8ghz (2.5ghz) - 120gb SSD - 320gb WD Black - 8GB DDR3 - Intel HD Graphics 4000

 

Secondary Programming Machine

i7 870 @ 4.0ghz - GTX 670 2GB - 8GB DDR3 Hyperx Fury - 64GB SSD - 1TB WD Blue - Some 1156 Asus board

 

HTPC - Wolf In Sheep's Clothing (Crappy HP OEM SFF case and PSU from 2009)

AMD A8 6800k @4.2ghz - GT 1030 2GB GDDR5 - 8GB DDR3 - 250GB SP SSD - Some Asus FM2+ motherboard

 

Bedroom HTPC - The 939 Monster

AMD Athlon 64 x2 @ 2.8ghz - ATi Radeon x850XT - 4GB DDR400 - 80GB WD Blue IDE - SOCKET 939 BITCHES

 

Trusty Old Rig: Athlon 64 X2 3000+ @ 2.16ghz - Radeon 9600 Pro - 1GB DDR - GB K8NSC939 - 500w CM PSU

Nokia 3310 - The PC: (Dell Optiplex GX110) Piii Coppermine 1Ghz - 512mb SDRAM - ATi 9250 pro 256mb - 80GB IDE - Sound Blaster Live!

Twin Game Servers (Two): C2Q q6600 @ 3.0ghz - Asus P5B - 8GB DDR2 800

PFSense Router: Pentium D @ 3.2ghz - 2GB DDR2

OMV NAS: Pentium 4 @ 3.2ghz - 2TB WD Red - 2GB DDR2

(I could list like 10 other PCs off the top of my head, yeah I'm a big time PC hoarder.)

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 2Buck said:

So because I bought food from Walmart, I should defend their every move? Because I use Windows, I should be their white knight and defend their name on the internet to the bloody end? "Oh, Apples made yet another fuckup, BUT I LOVE THEM SO WHO CARES!!!!"

 

They're companies. You pay, you get what you paid for, move on. They don't care about you, you don't owe them shit. I really hope you just misunderstood my post, because blind loyalty is ridiculously stupid and your analogy is painful.

 

Edit/addition:

Obviously it's okay to like a company that you've had good experiences with, just stay objective. It's also obviously okay to be happy about a companies performance, like in AMD's case. Their return brings competition and lower prices which is good for us, so being happy about that is fine. I'm not saying liking a company in any way is stupid, just that being blindly loyal and constantly going out of your way to defend them is.

Yeah. I totally said "defend" and not "complain about poor products". Yep. I totally did not give an example of me complaining about poor products, and choosing companies I know make great ones.

 

Yep. No reading comprehension fail there. (My post was in agreement with complaining about poor products, but at times preferring some companies if they have *consistent* quality) XD

 

That's the problem here, and with most people. They go to extremes, and often don't comprehend anything. They assume anyone making a decision is doing it excessively and without data... while making a decision themselves excessively and without data. 🤔

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/20/2018 at 3:46 AM, Streetguru said:

Apple does not consider it to be a defect.

With a company and customer base so focused on aesthetics as apple, I'm surprised the fanboys aren't absolutely outraged by this slight.  $200 walmart tablets don't come out of the box bent.


My Rig:

-i7 7700k @ 4.8 Ghz, delid

-ASRock Z270-ITX/ac mobo 

-16GB G.Skill Ripjaws V @ 3000Mhz

-RX 580 Sapphire Nitro+

-240 AIO, Celsius S24

-Crucial MX300 525GB, 2TB HDD

-Fractal Design Define Nano S

-650 80+ Gold semi modular from EVGA

-1080p 75Hz dell monitor

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×