Can a motherboard cause this issue?

darknightbacca
3 minutes ago, darknightbacca said:

You can clearly see that in tilted towers it goes choppy and feels bad, yet on the other side it's smooth and good as it's suppose to be.

No... I can't... the entire video has artifacts, even outside the computer screen. How am I to know what artifacts are caused by your issue and which are caused by the camera? Does the artifacting now show up when you do a screen capture? 

2 minutes ago, corrado33 said:

No... I can't... the entire video has artifacts, even outside the computer screen. How am I to know what artifacts are caused by your issue and which are caused by the camera? Does the artifacting now show up when you do a screen capture? 

Ok, well i had to use phone due to screen recording getting rid of most the issue, what's on fortnite is exactly what happens in game.

here's a video of what it was like with my old power supply when this issue started, not the same but recorded on pc, (low quality but you can still see it sort of)

You need faster RAM.

Tilted is harder to render than most other areas,  what capacity RAM do you have, and is it 1 stick or 2?

Just now, glenalz81 said:

You need faster RAM.

Tilted is harder to render than most other areas,  what capacity RAM do you have, and is it 1 stick or 2?

2 Stick, double channel and i've been over this, i never use to have this issue with the same ammount and speed of ram, so it wouldn't just pop up one day + it's not just tilted, all games

15 minutes ago, darknightbacca said:

so it wouldn't just pop up one day

It absolutely could, via an update of some description.

6 minutes ago, glenalz81 said:

It absolutely could, via an update of some description.

Even if it was the ram, not saying it is, i've tested another motherboard, with a different cpu and ram, leaving these things as culprits to my issue.

GPU, Both Motherboards (unlikely), Sata Cables/Sata Power Cables, 2 HDD'S/1 SSD & PSU.

ram is out, as it wouldn't be causing issues on two different motherboards with different rams and cpus.

40 minutes ago, darknightbacca said:

It's been defragged, i've tried without gpu so definitely crossed out, not every game is badly ported xD, vsync not on, drives i've checked but it could still be them, might check it out

Check the health of the boot drive and the drives you used to store the game using crystaldiskinfo

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

The Following is what i have done to counteract this issue,

Switched out GPU and used Integrated Graphics in Ryzen 3, issue still appears.

Switched out ssd and reinstalled clean install of windows issue still appears.

Tested different versions of windows 10, and windows 7, issue still appears.

Switched out Sata cables / sata power, issue still appears.

Tried games on different hdd's and on my ssd, issue still appears.

PSU is brand new, so it cannot be that.

On 12/20/2018 at 1:57 AM, Hiya! said:

Check the health of the boot drive and the drives you used to store the game using crystaldiskinfo

95% Health SSD, also tried another SSD, 100% health hdd, and a spare HDD with some bad sectors but otherwise good health.

1 minute ago, darknightbacca said:

95% Health SSD, also tried another SSD, 100% health hdd, and a spare HDD with some bad sectors but otherwise good health.

Did you store the game on the bad sector hdd?

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

2 minutes ago, Hiya! said:

Did you store the game on the bad sector hdd?

Tried storing on both hdd's same issue, + on ssd and on different ssd, same issue.

11 hours ago, darknightbacca said:

You can see why i'm stumped and can't solve this as everything seems ok and people say that only way motherboard is bad is if it has major problems none like this, i'm beginning to think it's normal but i strongly doubt it as i never use to experience this.

What PSU and motherboard did you have?

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

On 12/16/2018 at 12:03 AM, darknightbacca said:

Vsync is completely off, also tried with it on, ram speed isn't the issue (on double channel) and same speed when i didn't have the issue so thats out.

fps counter is just locked to 60 fps with no vsync fyi.

Nvidia is locking it. You can turn that off in 3D settings from the Nvidia control panel.

On 12/20/2018 at 5:10 PM, Defame said:

Nvidia is locking it. You can turn that off in 3D settings from the Nvidia control panel.

On 12/20/2018 at 1:11 PM, Hiya! said:

What PSU and motherboard did you have?

No the fps lock is on fortnite, and i've tried unlimited fps, same issue, fps dosen't matter.

H61M-VS with I5-2500k and DDR3 RAM

What i need to know that i can't find anywhere online is if my old power supply has damaged both my motherboards (one with surge protection) in a way where as it causes choppy frames only with no major problems or visual damage. does anyone know if that can even happpen cause i'm at a total loss here.

58 minutes ago, darknightbacca said:

What i need to know that i can't find anywhere online is if my old power supply has damaged both my motherboards (one with surge protection) in a way where as it causes choppy frames only with no major problems or visual damage. does anyone know if that can even happpen cause i'm at a total loss here.

I'm no expert so I don't know but I will say that I'm having the same problem as you and all my components are fine. I run a solid 60+ fps on games and it feels like 30-40. It looks just like what your video shows.

11 minutes ago, Defame said:

I'm no expert so I don't know but I will say that I'm having the same problem as you and all my components are fine. I run a solid 60+ fps on games and it feels like 30-40. It looks just like what your video shows.

Well man finding a solution for it is near impossible, i'm assuming it's my motherboard cause it's the only thing that makes sense

59 minutes ago, darknightbacca said:

Well man finding a solution for it is near impossible, i'm assuming it's my motherboard cause it's the only thing that makes sense

What a headache. We may be having the same problem but the solution could be totally different. Sorry dude.

i havent read through all these comments, but, have you checked memory usage? as in, the amount of free memory you have in GB when running the game.

if there is some application or malware consuming memory and you run out, the game will become choppy as it starts fetching data from storage.

• 1 month later...

It is 100% my motherboard for the record as everything else was tested, + my desktop is getting laggier, less smooth as well as games are freezing in menus, and there's choppy fps in all my games.

It all tracks pointing to my motherboard, a while ago when it was fully working i noticed i started having DPS mouse speed issues randomly and eventually it went away, my power supply must have been slowly damaging my board till eventually my ssd wouldn't boot, i tested the PSU on my non-protected crappy board and it screwed over that one, then my psu finally died and the motherboard's were damaged, only thing that makes sense.

anyways i'm getting a new board to fix it.

i highly doubt that would cause non smoothness in a game, it also depends on where the trace is but you should be fine with a little scratch like that

CPU: i5-4690k @ 4.4 GHz | RAM: 12GB DDR3 1333MHz | GPU: Sapphire Pulse RX 580 4GB 

Just now, DakotaWebber said:

i highly doubt that would cause non smoothness in a game, it also depends on where the trace is but you should be fine with a little scratch like that

Do you think it skimmed it so i might need to cover it, cause it dosen't look deep?

Breaking traces on a board doesn't cause some areas of a game to not work smoothly vs others.

What game?  
What part of it isn't running smooth?  
What's the normal FPS and what FPS is it when it isn't working the way you think it should?

17 hours ago, OPG Godsend said:

What game?  
What part of it isn't running smooth?  
What's the normal FPS and what FPS is it when it isn't working the way you think it should?

Alright, it's fortnite, some areas run smooth, some areas run non-smooth, it's 120 fps and it stays 120

17 hours ago, emosun said:

Breaking traces on a board doesn't cause some areas of a game to not work smoothly vs others.

Alright that's a relief, but do you think that that scratch will cause future issues to pop up?

Just now, darknightbacca said:

Alright, it's fortnite, some areas run smooth, some areas run non-smooth, it's 120 fps and it stays 120

A solid 120? Do you have V-Sync on with a high-refresh rate monitor?  
My 144hz MSI MAG241C can give me weird VSync numbers like that.

2 minutes ago, darknightbacca said:

Alright that's a relief, but do you think that that scratch will cause future issues to pop up?

no that scratch is so minor i almost didnt even see it