Can a motherboard cause this issue?

darknightbacca
Just now, emosun said:

no that scratch is so minor i almost didnt even see it

thankgod

Just now, OPG Godsend said:

A solid 120? Do you have V-Sync on with a high-refresh rate monitor?  
My 144hz MSI MAG241C can give me weird VSync numbers like that.

60Hz, even on lower fps same issue, fps dosent change it just feels smooth in some areas, non-smooth in others.

I checked out some benchmarks on Youtube for you, your performance (depending on your settings) doesn't seem to be wrong for your GPU.

Just now, darknightbacca said:

it just feels smooth in some areas, non-smooth in others.

its an online game what are you expecting

Just now, emosun said:

its an online game what are you expecting

Just now, OPG Godsend said:

I checked out some benchmarks on Youtube for you, your performance (depending on your settings) doesn't seem to be wrong for your GPU.

So i've scoured over my motherboard to see if any other scratches exist by accident, while i was installing the standoff got stuck on a screw so i had to use plyers on the back to get the standoff still to unscrew the screw, problem is i bent down solder parts and removed tiny bits at the tip of them, here's a video

do you guys think that can cause anything bad or reduce stability?

https://youtu.be/FdPSkz3B4qQ

no.

I think you need to do a bit of research and study on the difference between circuit board repair , and online video games.

there's isn't a physical diagnosis for every computer software issue thats simply not how it works.

This might not be helpful, but taking this entire post into account, I think the best advice I can give you is to STOP TOUCHING YOUR MOTHERBOARD  
?

Just now, emosun said:

no.

I think you need to do a bit of research and study on the difference between circuit board repair , and online video games.

there's isn't a physical diagnosis for every computer software issue thats simply not how it works.

I get it, issue is that my desktop is lagging, say i go over a bunch of icons, it skips hertz and freezes for a slip second over most of them, i'm a little worried my motherboard is damaged.

1 minute ago, darknightbacca said:

I get it, issue is that my desktop is lagging, say i go over a bunch of icons, it skips hertz and freezes for a slip second over most of them, i'm a little worried my motherboard is damaged.

well seeing as how i could type anything and you'd simply ignore it an insist it's the motherboard then go ahead and replace the motherboard.

the only way this thread is ever going to get anywhere is if you stop talking about the motherboard. so replace it so we can actually start the diagnosis of what the actual problem could be.

Just now, emosun said:

well seeing as how i could type anything and you'd simply ignore it an insist it's the motherboard then go ahead and replace the motherboard.

the only way this thread is ever going to get anywhere is if you stop talking about the motherboard. so replace it so we can actually start the diagnosis of what the actual problem could be.

I'm not ignoring you, i see what you're saying, i've already diagnosed everything else from my pc and none of it has issues that i can see.

Just now, emosun said:

Alright, so my old motherboard had the same smoothing issue but it also had a choppy fps issue that has since been resolved with my new one, now i'm not sure what's causing the smoothing issue but i can show you a video and you can tell me if you can see it like i can. 

1 hour ago, darknightbacca said:

here's a video

20 minutes ago, darknightbacca said:

So i've scoured over my motherboard to see if any other scratches exist by accident, while i was installing the standoff got stuck on a screw so i had to use plyers on the back to get the standoff still to unscrew the screw, problem is i bent down solder parts and removed tiny bits at the tip of them, here's a video

What do you expect people to be able to learn from 2 second long shaky footage videos pointing some random spot on a motherboard? If you're concerned about physical damage to the motherboard, you'd be better off posting a photograph of the area on the motherboard. Preferably circle the area you think might be damaged (as in circle the photo in paint on your PC... Don't use a permanent marker to circle the actual motherboard).

Alright, it's fortnite, some areas run smooth, some areas run non-smooth, it's 120 fps and it stays 120

60Hz, even on lower fps same issue, fps dosent change it just feels smooth in some areas, non-smooth in others.

So you're experiencing stutters in intensive areas/fights in multiplayer games? Namely when you first drop in to populated areas in Fortnite?

Your previous post on this forum when you complained about the exact same issue happening on a completely different motherboard...

All games i've played have very choppy frames in areas that have buildings or large objects and smooth non choppy frames in flat areas.

And in another thread asking the same question if your motherboard is causing your performance issues in Fortnite...

So i've asked before in different posts and i was thinking it's my motherboard that's the issue, but now it's seeming like it's not, my mobo has overvoltage protection so could a psu still damage it, it also has static electricity protection as well. 

I'm wondering if my motherboard could be causing choppy fps in some areas in games and not in others, here's a video representation 

In total this is the 4th time you've posted a thread asking if your motherboard is responsible for your performance issues when you drop in to the map in Fortnite. You've already been told multiple times it's not your motherboard. Despite swapping the motherboard out for a different motherboard and still getting the same issue on the new motherboard... You still think it's the motherboard that is causing your issue?

CPU : Ryzen 3 2200G

RAM : Corsair Vengeance DDR-2400 

Hmm... Can't imagine what else could be causing performance issues... There's really no other explanation for why it might stutter in built up areas in multiplayer games... Nope, no idea at all... Must have been that one time you accidentally touched your motherboard... /s

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

15 hours ago, Spotty said:

What do you expect people to be able to learn from 2 second long shaky footage videos pointing some random spot on a motherboard? If you're concerned about physical damage to the motherboard, you'd be better off posting a photograph of the area on the motherboard. Preferably circle the area you think might be damaged (as in circle the photo in paint on your PC... Don't use a permanent marker to circle the actual motherboard).

So you're experiencing stutters in intensive areas/fights in multiplayer games? Namely when you first drop in to populated areas in Fortnite?

Your previous post on this forum when you complained about the exact same issue happening on a completely different motherboard...

And in another thread asking the same question if your motherboard is causing your performance issues in Fortnite...

In total this is the 4th time you've posted a thread asking if your motherboard is responsible for your performance issues when you drop in to the map in Fortnite. You've already been told multiple times it's not your motherboard. Despite swapping the motherboard out for a different motherboard and still getting the same issue on the new motherboard... You still think it's the motherboard that is causing your issue?

Hmm... Can't imagine what else could be causing performance issues... There's really no other explanation for why it might stutter in built up areas in multiplayer games... Nope, no idea at all... Must have been that one time you accidentally touched your motherboard... /s

15 hours ago, emosun said:

-snip-

Alright that's fair, i deserve that but as i've said i have tested everything but my motherboard so i concluded it was that cause it couldn't have been anything else, and for the record replacing it did fix the biggest issue just not the smoothing. (Also the issue is NOT just in fortnite, was just using that as reference)

Here's a video

(Sorry for the half screen, recorded on stretched res)

Tell me what you think, please.

3 minutes ago, darknightbacca said:

Starting off, i made a scratch mark on my motherboard, it's small and barely touched the circuitry i'm wondering whether you guys think i need to cover it up to close the circuit, here's a photo

the scratch is NOT deep enough to damage the mobo, as it still works.

nothing need to do.

imagine the board is made up of copper wires embedded in a piece of plastic

as for mouse issue, same issue with every mouse? lag at what situation?

I only experience mouse lag when cpu stress test

Just now, dgsddfgdfhgs said:

the scratch is NOT deep enough to damage the mobo, as it still works.

nothing need to do.

imagine the board is made up of copper wires embedded in a piece of plastic

as for mouse issue, same issue with every mouse? lag at what situation?

I only experience mouse lag when cpu stress test

I have tested other mouses, it lags in all situations, on every game it's like that, also fps stays consistently high.

20 minutes ago, darknightbacca said:

CPU : Ryzen 3 2200G

then you may have the cpu under full load. its just a 4 core cpu. (hope you are not streaming ...) 

if theres no suspicious background running programs, & cpu at 100 % load.

it indicates its too weak.

a temp solution is max graphic setting

14 hours ago, dgsddfgdfhgs said:

then you may have the cpu under full load. its just a 4 core cpu. (hope you are not streaming ...) 

if theres no suspicious background running programs, & cpu at 100 % load.

it indicates its too weak.

a temp solution is max graphic setting

It isn't under full load, solid 60c under gaming, gpu is also 60c, the fps is always high, it's not too weak

Also at the back of my board, long story i damaged some solder pins, some of the tips are destroyed and bent, do you think that'll affect anything at all ?

thats stuttering, its something in your system reaching 100%/being bottlenecked, causing the whole system to stop for a second to either clear up some memory or for it to focus on more essential tasks like if the cpu was hitting 100%, a scratch on your motherboard will not cause this, 

if there was any damage on your motherboard, it would cause the part that the trace leads to to stop working entirely, like an internal sound card etc (or just your system not working at all)

motherboards ever so slightly if ever have an effect on performance

use some diagnostic software to see what your components are doing while the stuttering occurs so you can see if either your cpu, ram, or gpu are being maxed out, throttling, or hitting power limits, then you can either upgrade those components or live with it

CPU: i5-4690k @ 4.4 GHz | RAM: 12GB DDR3 1333MHz | GPU: Sapphire Pulse RX 580 4GB 

2 minutes ago, DakotaWebber said:

thats stuttering, its something in your system reaching 100%/being bottlenecked, causing the whole system to stop for a second to either clear up some memory or for it to focus on more essential tasks like if the cpu was hitting 100%, a scratch on your motherboard will not cause this, 

if there was any damage on your motherboard, it would cause the part that the trace leads to to stop working entirely, like an internal sound card etc (or just your system not working at all)

motherboards ever so slightly if ever have an effect on performance

use some diagnostic software to see what your components are doing while the stuttering occurs so you can see if either your cpu, ram, or gpu are being maxed out, throttling, or hitting power limits, then you can either upgrade those components or live with it

The stuttering was just everything loading in, that's not what i'm talking about, look at when i look at one area, the mouse is responsive and fluid, i look at the other and it slows down and isn't as fast and responsive, that's what i mean.

I have posted this in your other thread, it is not your motherboard, if there is damage on your motherboard it would either have functions missing such as no sound or it wouldnt work at all, motherboards have little to no effect on performance

what youre experiencing is stutering, either your cpu, ram, or gpu is being maxed out, thermal throttling, or hitting a power limit

if your cpu hits 100%, your whole system will freeze like youre experiencing to catch up to itself to perform more important tasks like keeping the os running

if your ram is htiting its max usage, your system will sometimes freeze up (this doesnt look like that from your video, you also dont specify how much ram you have so who knows) to clear as much as it can 

your gpu being maxed out generally wont cause this stuttering, you actually want your gpu to be the one that hits 100% and not your cpu

from your specs that you have listed, it looks like your cpu isnt up to the same level as your gpu, if you use some diagnostic software you will find your cpu usage will be quite high, and when the stutter happens it will drop for a second and rise back up again for a while until it stutters again, rinse and repeat

you can aid this however by limiting your framerate, as having more frames than needed puts more stress on both the cpu and gpu

12 hours ago, darknightbacca said:

and it slows down and isn't as fast and responsive, that's what i mean.

then either your cpu or gpu isnt able to handle the load and causes lag

CPU: i5-4690k @ 4.4 GHz | RAM: 12GB DDR3 1333MHz | GPU: Sapphire Pulse RX 580 4GB 

12 hours ago, DakotaWebber said:

then either your cpu or gpu isnt able to handle the load and causes lag

That'd make sense, problem is my cpu and gpu are just fine on load, infact before this issue started on my old mobo i had the same graphics card and cpu and didn't have this issue, so i don't think it's that.

12 hours ago, DakotaWebber said:

I have posted this in your other thread, it is not your motherboard, if there is damage on your motherboard it would either have functions missing such as no sound or it wouldnt work at all, motherboards have little to no effect on performance

what youre experiencing is stutering, either your cpu, ram, or gpu is being maxed out, thermal throttling, or hitting a power limit

if your cpu hits 100%, your whole system will freeze like youre experiencing to catch up to itself to perform more important tasks like keeping the os running

if your ram is htiting its max usage, your system will sometimes freeze up (this doesnt look like that from your video, you also dont specify how much ram you have so who knows) to clear as much as it can 

your gpu being maxed out generally wont cause this stuttering, you actually want your gpu to be the one that hits 100% and not your cpu

from your specs that you have listed, it looks like your cpu isnt up to the same level as your gpu, if you use some diagnostic software you will find your cpu usage will be quite high, and when the stutter happens it will drop for a second and rise back up again for a while until it stutters again, rinse and repeat

you can aid this however by limiting your framerate, as having more frames than needed puts more stress on both the cpu and gpu

I've now started to notice, my computer is freezing every second or two while watching videos, and the desktop is hella laggy, this all started once i used this new motherboard which has a slight scratch and the back of it damaged solder points (but thats excess) so it's not lookin good.

40 minutes ago, darknightbacca said:

this all started once i used this new motherboard which has a slight scratch and the back of it damaged solder points (but thats excess) so it's not lookin good.

corellation =/= causation

trust me if your motherboard had issues it would be much, much worse than some stuttering and lag

23 hours ago, DakotaWebber said:

corellation =/= causation

trust me if your motherboard had issues it would be much, much worse than some stuttering and lag

Alright so i've tested if it was my graphics card by using my cpu's gpu in place of it and same issue, also tested my cpu and ram via burnintest + tried another ssd just to be sure and all identical, i have no idea what's causing this.

Can you guys tell me what you think this issue is being caused by, i've got no idea what is causing this + i've tested everything i can think of

(One area i look in a circle, it's fluid, other area it becomes more smoothed out and less fluid almost like a part of vsync is being switched on)

its your cpu not being able to handle the load, the r3 2200g is good, but its not amazing either

this causes it to take longer to push frames to your gpu/monitor, increasing frametime resulting in that laggy less fluid feel, you can try to rectify this by turning off everything in the background, but otherwise your cpu isnt strong enough to keep a consistent frametime

3 hours ago, DakotaWebber said:

its your cpu not being able to handle the load, the r3 2200g is good, but its not amazing either

this causes it to take longer to push frames to your gpu/monitor, increasing frametime resulting in that laggy less fluid feel, you can try to rectify this by turning off everything in the background, but otherwise your cpu isnt strong enough to keep a consistent frametime

That makes sense, except the fact that i had the same cpu ages ago before this started and it was completely fine, + i've tested the cpu with burnintest and 100% good, also i've tested another motherboard with another cpu and same identical issue, (the other mobo was damaged by my power supply failing a while ago)

Alright, look i'll do a video and have the frametimes and temperatures, full screen with OBS and show you the load, it'll show that there is absolutely nothing wrong with my cpu or gpu, and they are NOT throttling eachother as i've had the same cpu and gpu as i did before without this issue a long time ago.