Can a motherboard cause this issue?

darknightbacca

No. Your power supply is most likely fine, and even if it was bad it would not cause FPS issues...

What capacity memory? Running single channel or dual channel? 2400MHz isn't ideal for Ryzen.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Dual channel, + thing is i've tried another motherboard with ddr3 ram and different cpu so ram is not the issue, + ran tests, just needed to know if psu can cause it.

10 minutes ago, darknightbacca said:

Dual channel, + thing is i've tried another motherboard with ddr3 ram and different cpu so ram is not the issue, + ran tests, just needed to know if psu can cause it.

Well, that would be an entirely different CPU+mobo+RAM... Doesn't help rule out anything.

What capacity is the ram? 2x4GB (8GB)? 2x8GB (16GB)?

What games are you playing?

Game settings used?
Resolution & refresh rate of the monitor?

What FPS are you getting?

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Rules it out because it's the identical issue on both, which either means their not broken or they both are which is highly unlikely seeing as how they are not faulty and tests say they good, ram is 2x4gb on both motheboards and games include, fortnite, the forest, dying light, tom clancys rainbow six siege. 

Thing is that with my old power supply the choppy fps was extreme yet with my new psu it's better but still horrible.

6 minutes ago, darknightbacca said:

Rules it out because it's the identical issue on both, which either means their not broken or they both are which is highly unlikely seeing as how they are not faulty and tests say they good, ram is 2x4gb on both motheboards and games include, fortnite, the forest, dying light, tom clancys rainbow six siege. 

just because ram is the same amount doesn't mean anything lmao.

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu

If it was the ram don't you think it'd be having the issue on my main motherboard and not on both with different ram, not to mention i've tried a extra pair of ram on my other motherboard as well, same issue.

Well, in theory very bad PSU can gives bad voltages and makes component works wrong, mostly if you OC some of them. In real life I never heard of PSU causing problems with FPS.

what i just found online to back me up.

Running 2 DIMMS at 2400mhz will NOT decrease performance. Like i said above, faster ram DOES have an effect, and increase in performance in certain situations. Getting 2400mhz DIMMS is just fine. The preference being to get DIMMS up to 3000mhz, but like you said, price/cost is key.

5 minutes ago, PopsicleHustler said:

Speed Is the problem, Ryzen doesn't work properly with low speed RAM, ask anyone here.

It'll work just fine just a bit slower than if you used 3000

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

Just now, LienusLateTips said:

It'll work just fine just a bit slower than if you used 3000

So i've been trying to figure out what causes the problem i have in the video, since ram's out, so is cpu, gpu i've tested, sata cables, power supply and hard drives / ssd

only culprit is motherboard, thing is i've tested 2 of them and same issue, do you guys think that a motherboard can do that to your performance?

2 minutes ago, darknightbacca said:

So i've been trying to figure out what causes the problem i have in the video, since ram's out, so is cpu, gpu i've tested, sata cables, power supply and hard drives / ssd

only culprit is motherboard, thing is i've tested 2 of them and same issue, do you guys think that a motherboard can do that to your performance?

turn off (or on) vsync

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

On 12/17/2018 at 11:39 PM, SoreRaito said:

Anything updated in the last day or two?

No, i've also tried windows 7 as well as older versions of windows 10, windows is not the culprit, nor the drivers as i've tried ryzen integrated graphics and took gpu out to rule it out.

On 12/17/2018 at 11:40 PM, LienusLateTips said:

turn off (or on) vsync

tried that, first thing i did, it's not a software issue at all, it's hardware related for sure.

6 minutes ago, darknightbacca said:

No, i've also tried windows 7 as well as older versions of windows 10, windows is not the culprit, nor the drivers as i've tried ryzen integrated graphics and took gpu out to rule it out.

Have you tried other games ?

Are they running fine ?

Just now, SoreRaito said:

Have you tried other games ?

Are they running fine ?

tried a ton of games, same issue.

42 minutes ago, darknightbacca said:

not sure if it's choppy fps or not

I'm not sure either. I can;t tell what your problem is from the video, it seems to be getting a consistent framerate

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Just now, fasauceome said:

I'm not sure either. I can;t tell what your problem is from the video, it seems to be getting a consistent framerate

I'm completely stumped dude, i mean the ONLY thing left is the motherboard, my theory is that my old power supply that was failing damaged it in a way where it can't communicate perfectly between the cpu, gpu psu and ram therefore it causes that type of issue, only theory i got that makes sense.

2 minutes ago, darknightbacca said:

I'm completely stumped dude, i mean the ONLY thing left is the motherboard, my theory is that my old power supply that was failing damaged it in a way where it can't communicate perfectly between the cpu, gpu psu and ram therefore it causes that type of issue, only theory i got that makes sense.

The only thing is that nothing looks wrong, you appear to be getting at least 60 fps at a low ish resolution

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

31 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

^ As he said video looks fine to me too.

Are you running a 60Hz monitor ? Have you maybe used a higher refresh rate monitor over the past few days somewhere else ?

N

11 minutes ago, SoreRaito said:

^ As he said video looks fine to me too.

Are you running a 60Hz monitor ? Have you maybe used a higher refresh rate monitor over the past few days somewhere else ?

Using a 60hz, tried 60 fps and vsync locked, + fast sync e.t.c and haven't used a higher refresh rate monitor, i'm sure it's my motherboard though gonna get a replacement so it's solved.

9 minutes ago, darknightbacca said:

N

Using a 60hz, tried 60 fps and vsync locked, + fast sync e.t.c and haven't used a higher refresh rate monitor, i'm sure it's my motherboard though gonna get a replacement so it's solved.

Your motherboard is fine and nothing is wrong. If you get a new motherboard you'll be disappointed, you'll get the same results as you have now.

Primary PC:

On 12/19/2018 at 2:29 AM, Hiya! said:

How did you know? and where did you save your game? HDD or SSD?

On 12/19/2018 at 12:55 AM, fasauceome said:

I really hope you're not going to waste money getting a new board

I'm not getting a new board till 100% sure, i've found out my motherboard has overvoltage protection and static electricity protection making it seem like it's not my motherboard, and if it isn't it then it's something else, does anyone here know what can cause choppy fps in some areas in games and not others? and could it still be my motherboard even with the protection?

4 minutes ago, darknightbacca said:

I'm not getting a new board till 100% sure, i've found out my motherboard has overvoltage protection and static electricity protection making it seem like it's not my motherboard, and if it isn't it then it's something else, does anyone here know what can cause choppy fps in some areas in games and not others? and could it still be my motherboard even with the protection?

1.If you store the game in HDD DEFRAG it

2.Could be driver issues usually GPU

3.Bad ported games

4.Frame sync problem usually caused by V-sync turning on

5.Dying boot drives

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

On 12/20/2018 at 1:11 AM, Hiya! said:

1.If you store the game in HDD DEFRAG it

2.Could be driver issues usually GPU

3.Bad ported games

4.Frame sync problem usually caused by V-sync turning on

5.Dying boot drives

It's been defragged, i've tried without gpu so definitely crossed out, not every game is badly ported xD, vsync not on, drives i've checked but it could still be them, might check it out

On 12/20/2018 at 1:12 AM, corrado33 said:

I can see absolutely nothing in that video obviously filmed with a potato. 

You can clearly see that in tilted towers it goes choppy and feels bad, yet on the other side it's smooth and good as it's suppose to be.