Gaming on the CLEAR TV Prototype!

CPotter

One drawback of this is that people could stand behind the TV and distract you.

Saying that, it's still pretty cool tech. I like it.

At least it's not clickbait, unlike "THIS GUY SHOULD BE FIRED!"

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

That's a weird cut at 4:24

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

ah nice, 1440p looking like 144p...

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

So in this case the pixel being off, which is usually black, is simply transparent.

I think it would be cool if they had something like an LCD panel on the back as well so that the pixels could be switched to black in order to block light from coming in from behind (and making it black like a regular tv)

I would totally buy a transparent tv if it had the option of turning pixels black for use in bright spaces.

Currently my TV is in front of a window and it would be great to have the screen be transparent so I can see out the window, but then still be able to get dark blacks if I need to watch some videos or do some work.

With the light coming in from the window, the white objects on the screen would not have a lot of contrast with the background, but if the pixels could block light then it would be possible to have black text be very visible on a light background, or simply turn the entire screen into a regular black display that doesn't let light through.

DSC00473.thumb.JPG.48126987b033769aa7a67d9df712e67f.JPG

Going even further, imagine a DMD (digital micromirror device) layer also in the screen.

Now you have the option of turning pixels transparent, black, OR reflective!

Just like those mirror displays people build with one way mirrors, but with the option to switch back to black or transparent instead of reflective.

Three layers: LED panel (for white/colour), LCD panel (for black), and DMD panel (for reflective).

Obviously the technology needs to be improved to the point where each layer doesn't absorb too much light so that you can actually get good transparency, but this would be the ultimate display IMO.

Instead of RGB a special RGBA+reflective signal would need to be sent to the display too.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I'd install one as a window, that way I can play games and creep out every passerby ?

Did Linus drop it?

Main system: Ryzen 7 7800X3D / Asus ROG Strix B650E / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 32GB 6000Mhz / Powercolor RX 7900 XTX Red Devil/ EVGA 750W GQ / NZXT H5 Flow

1 minute ago, JoeyDM said:

FTFY

No, that would get me arrest for public exposure ;) This way cops walk in see what I'm doing and leave scratching their heads.

2 minutes ago, PopsicleHustler said:

Did Linus drop it?

Was it broken at the end of the video?

imagine putting like 1 behind it, or like 3 behind each other, and playing a movie or game, when the objects on screen change depending on how far they are in game, like object 1 is on screen 1 because its 10m away, then it moves to screen 2 because its 20m away.

Where do I want to see this tech used? With the inclusion of a polarizing on the back I see this making a killer VR/AR headset sometime in the future.

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

Main Gaming PC - i9 10850k @ 5GHz - EVGA XC Ultra 2080ti with Heatkiller 4 - Asrock Z490 Taichi - Corsair H115i - 32GB GSkill Ripjaws V 3600 CL16 OC'd to 3733 - HX850i - Samsung NVME 256GB SSD - Samsung 3.2TB PCIe 8x Enterprise NVMe - Toshiba 3TB 7200RPM HD - Lian Li Air

Proxmox Server - i7 8700k @ 4.5Ghz - 32GB EVGA 3000 CL15 OC'd to 3200 - Asus Strix Z370-E Gaming - Oracle F80 800GB Enterprise SSD, LSI SAS running 3 4TB and 2 6TB (Both Raid Z0), Samsung 840Pro 120GB - Phanteks Enthoo Pro

Super Server - i9 7980Xe @ 4.5GHz - 64GB 3200MHz Cl16 - Asrock X299 Professional - Nvidia Telsa K20 -Sandisk 512GB Enterprise SATA SSD, 128GB Seagate SATA SSD, 1.5TB WD Green (Over 9 years of power on time) - Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2

Laptop - 2019 Macbook Pro 16" - i7 - 16GB - 512GB - 5500M 8GB - Thermal Pads and Graphite Tape modded

Smart Phones - iPhone X - 64GB, AT&T, iOS 13.3 iPhone 6 : 16gb, AT&T, iOS 12 iPhone 4 : 16gb, AT&T Go Phone, iOS 7.1.1 Jailbroken. iPhone 3G : 8gb, AT&T Go Phone, iOS 4.2.1 Jailbroken.

1 hour ago, CPotter said:

Thanks to LG Display for sponsoring this video! Learn more at https://lmg.gg/oledspace 

If it's an OLED display which is transparent then how are they producing black colours since the pixels in regular oleds turn off to produce black. If they are creating black like regular displays then what makes them different from regular transparent LCDs ???

30 minutes ago, Divyam Garg said:
If it's an OLED display which is transparent then how are they producing black colours since the pixels in regular oleds turn off to produce black. If they are creating black like regular displays then what makes them different from regular transparent LCDs ???

So when you watch the video it’s not actually transparent, but an illusion, they create small holes around the pixels, just not large enough for the eye to see. 

Virtual environments are the best application I can think of, like in Treasure Planet (1:46). It's a dreary rainy day outside but she just switches the window to display a sunny beach scene and then a field of flowers instead - with transparent OLED you could conceivably do something like this.

2 hours ago, Enderman said:

That's a weird cut at 4:24

Linus accidentally gave away the LG secrets, LG cut it out last second. XD

They could use multiple layers, possibly after making it more transparent, to do depth effects for whatever, possibly in a VR headset.

Also pretty sure you could do the double game idea with just 2 of them back to back?

Any like "TV" version of it probably needs a drop down sheet of black so that it blocks any light behind the thing for daylight use.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

8 hours ago, CPotter said:

Thanks to LG Display for sponsoring this video! Learn more at https://lmg.gg/oledspace 

Make it have depth - Add another layer to this screen and have the new layer about 1in+ back from it using the empty pixel space and you could have awesome almost 3D picture